Migrant kids outperform local kids

(your answer has to be from 0 to 7, ...)

No, it doesn't. Any answer would be different for each individual student, and would depend on their circumstances, goals, ambitions, and abilities. Your focus isn't on achieving one's full potential, but making sure everyone can be lazy enough to make you feel less badly about yourself.

So, for some kids you would recommend depriving of them of sleep, in order to spend more than 7 hours a day on homework?

Which kids? Where do they live? What is their family situation? What school do they attend? What are their goals? What are their abilities and aptitudes? What are their goals? What factors are likely to advance or impede those goals? Etc, etc.

Sorry comrade dimwit, it's just not as simple as you want it to be to justify your own shortcomings.

It was an open ended question. You can fill those in in your answer.

But instead, you refuse to answer, generally speaking, or more specifically speaking, or even an single individual anecdotal example.

You refuse to put any limits on the amount of work that could be put on a child, yet viciously attack me, for daring to suggest that too much work could ruin a child's life.

That is not rational of you. You are consumed by blind ideological commitment to MOAR work, without any thought to the cost.

What he doesn’t realize is his struggles are no more the fault of poor brown people as they are poor whites.

It may be true that illegals bring down wages but he won’t admit we have an illegal employer problem.

Since Reagan the corporations have completely taken over the Republican Party. Anytime bill Clinton sold out the middle class was when he went along with republican policies. So democrats are pro corporation too but they also advocate for labor, another thing republicans hate. Ask any of them how they feel about unions.

The rich have gotten richer every decade and the middle class poorer. Republicans want to cut social security to give the rich more tax breaks.

Wake up america

Ever time you bring up the employers, I agree that we have an employer problem.

Most of my complaints are about white liberals and/or the policies they push. You saying "brown people" is just race baiting.

It is insane to doubt for a second that flooding the labor market with cheap third world labor, illegal and legal, does not lower wages. Supply and Demand.

Seriously. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE A REAL DIALOG, WHEN PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE RACE BAITING.

FUCKING STOP IT.

Well I can tell you this. The Republican party is run by corporations. They are going to tell the GOP to increase immigration if wages get too high. Or, if the poor who are looking for work aren't qualified to fill the good jobs that are unfilled. Don't expect Walmart workers to ever make a wage that can support a family. Not if you vote GOP.

Someone the other day said Michigan alone has 9000 unfilled trade jobs. So tell me this. Why don't these companies go to Walmart and recruit 9000 of them to come work at a better paying trade job? It's because the poorly educated blue collar people who are struggling aren't qualified to do the work. So this is why the GOP and corporations want more HB1 visa's. They need to go to other countries to recruit people who are smart enough to do those jobs.

Remember the only reason ford and GM factory workers made good money was because they were unionized. Otherwise, none of them were qualified to make the kind of money they were making. So you keep hoping that Trump will kick out enough illegals that it's going to cause blue collar wages to go up enough to make a difference. It won't. ESPECIALLY when they won't go after illegal employers.

You're being duped.

I'm aware of the power of corporations and their motive for cheap labor and how they use their power to get it.

Do you see that that is a real conflict of interest between the American worker and those immigrants and that addressing that, is not just fucking RACISM?
It’s not racism I agree.

So stop saying that it is.

Trump's comments this weekend. Racist or not? Just trying to see how low the bar is set at with you guys.

No, it doesn't. Any answer would be different for each individual student, and would depend on their circumstances, goals, ambitions, and abilities. Your focus isn't on achieving one's full potential, but making sure everyone can be lazy enough to make you feel less badly about yourself.

So, for some kids you would recommend depriving of them of sleep, in order to spend more than 7 hours a day on homework?

Which kids? Where do they live? What is their family situation? What school do they attend? What are their goals? What are their abilities and aptitudes? What are their goals? What factors are likely to advance or impede those goals? Etc, etc.

Sorry comrade dimwit, it's just not as simple as you want it to be to justify your own shortcomings.

It was an open ended question. You can fill those in in your answer.......

No, you can't because the answers will be different for each individual, comrade. You're never going to justify your ignorant bigotry this way.

Ever time you bring up the employers, I agree that we have an employer problem.

Most of my complaints are about white liberals and/or the policies they push. You saying "brown people" is just race baiting.

It is insane to doubt for a second that flooding the labor market with cheap third world labor, illegal and legal, does not lower wages. Supply and Demand.

Seriously. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE A REAL DIALOG, WHEN PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE RACE BAITING.

FUCKING STOP IT.

Well I can tell you this. The Republican party is run by corporations. They are going to tell the GOP to increase immigration if wages get too high. Or, if the poor who are looking for work aren't qualified to fill the good jobs that are unfilled. Don't expect Walmart workers to ever make a wage that can support a family. Not if you vote GOP.

Someone the other day said Michigan alone has 9000 unfilled trade jobs. So tell me this. Why don't these companies go to Walmart and recruit 9000 of them to come work at a better paying trade job? It's because the poorly educated blue collar people who are struggling aren't qualified to do the work. So this is why the GOP and corporations want more HB1 visa's. They need to go to other countries to recruit people who are smart enough to do those jobs.

Remember the only reason ford and GM factory workers made good money was because they were unionized. Otherwise, none of them were qualified to make the kind of money they were making. So you keep hoping that Trump will kick out enough illegals that it's going to cause blue collar wages to go up enough to make a difference. It won't. ESPECIALLY when they won't go after illegal employers.

You're being duped.

I'm aware of the power of corporations and their motive for cheap labor and how they use their power to get it.

Do you see that that is a real conflict of interest between the American worker and those immigrants and that addressing that, is not just fucking RACISM?
It’s not racism I agree.

So stop saying that it is.

Trump's comments this weekend. Racist or not? Just trying to see how low the bar is set at with you guys.

Which comments are you referring to?

No, you can't because the answers will be different for each individual, comrade. You're never going to justify your ignorant bigotry this way.

You are envisioning a child that has a need to compete on a level that requires him or her to be sleep deprived?

IMO, in such a situation, the SITUATION needs to be changed, rather than the child being sleep deprived.

Regardless, even if you imagine, (or are remembering?) such a situation, your refusal to be able to discuss general rules for children, is a failure on your part, to be serious about the issue.

I once was told by someone else, from a similar perspective to yours, that one hour of homework for one hour of class room teaching was a reasonable limit. This is something you hear from college classes.

It is insane for a child. Such a guideline would end up with a child, as above, having 6 of their 7 hours of "free time" allotted to homework a day, allowing them ONE FUCKING HOUR, for their actual LIFE, such as eating a meal, spending time with their family, or God Forbid PLAYING WITH THEIR FRIENDS.

MOAR! is not a reasonable policy. It is a panic reaction.

There is no such thing. It is an empty lefty slogan.

...You claim you can barely make ends meet.....

I never made that claim.
But it’s true.

You certainly aren’t on vacation. You wouldn’t be in paradise typing this crap. Lol. I just got off the lake with you know who.

I asked my brother if his teacher sister in law should only go to Greece every other summer with the kids. He said it’s pretty cheap other than the plane tickets. So $3000 every year make it $5000. I guess it’s worth it. But you don’t have a free vacation home to go to in Greece. Not even a RV. Maybe you have air conditioning but you only run it when it’s 90. Lol

Last time she was YOUR sister in law....right. But I know you lie about stuff. And boast and brag like a 14 year old.
Eventually your teacher pension will get cut. I’m sure your benefits already have. I’m sure you’re paying more for healthcare than before.

I can’t wait. I hope you are in a two income family. Probably.

Yes I know you're a very, very small person already bobo--a person who brags about his boat, his salary, his women (supposedly) and his nephew's private school....a person who takes pleasure that other people would struggle.

I already knew this about you. You're a small person. Many people here know this about you.

You are envisioning a child that has a need to compete on a level that requires him or her to be sleep deprived?

IMO, in such a situation, the SITUATION needs to be changed, rather than the child being sleep deprived.

Regardless, even if you imagine, (or are remembering?) such a situation, your refusal to be able to discuss general rules for children, is a failure on your part, to be serious about the issue.

I once was told by someone else, from a similar perspective to yours, that one hour of homework for one hour of class room teaching was a reasonable limit. This is something you hear from college classes.

It is insane for a child. Such a guideline would end up with a child, as above, having 6 of their 7 hours of "free time" allotted to homework a day, allowing them ONE FUCKING HOUR, for their actual LIFE, such as eating a meal, spending time with their family, or God Forbid PLAYING WITH THEIR FRIENDS.

Seems like there's been an ongoing discussion about this for some pages.

American schools are screwed up in lots of ways. I had a discussion with a grandfather raising a young granddaughter in the Philippines. She is starting Kindergarten. Started not knowing her letters or sounds at all. But had been to preschool, see. Now in K, is already knowing her letters and sounds, LOVES schools, etc.

We are so messed up in the US in some ways that now we want kids starting K knowing all letters and sounds and reading independently by the end of Kind--in my state "for thirty minutes at a time". (!!!) So we burn them out. When they are five, their work is play. In the US we have this messed up notion that "play" is a dirty word. We don't let them play, so they hate school, so they don't want to learn.

So when they're twelve, they're already behind, dragging, hate school, hate homework--all of it. If we let kids have their childhood when they are young children, we wouldn't have half these problems.

But we don't. A lot of these problems are right on the shoulders of my fellow conservatives, who think "rigor" is kinders reading independently for "thirty minutes at a time".

(Does anyone KNOW any five year old boys??? hello???)

American schools are screwed up in lots of ways. I had a discussion with a grandfather raising a young granddaughter in the Philippines. She is starting Kindergarten. Started not knowing her letters or sounds at all. But had been to preschool, see. Now in K, is already knowing her letters and sounds, LOVES schools, etc.

We are so messed up in the US in some ways that now we want kids starting K knowing all letters and sounds and reading independently by the end of Kind--in my state "for thirty minutes at a time". (!!!) So we burn them out. When they are five, their work is play. In the US we have this messed up notion that "play" is a dirty word. We don't let them play, so they hate school, so they don't want to learn.

So when they're twelve, they're already behind, dragging, hate school, hate homework--all of it. If we let kids have their childhood when they are young children, we wouldn't have half these problems.

But we don't. A lot of these problems are right on the shoulders of my fellow conservatives, who think "rigor" is kinders reading independently for "thirty minutes at a time".

THANK YOU.

I agree.

IMO, we were scared when we saw other nations catching up, and we panicked.

And we piled on the work, trying to be more like Japan.

And it has not worked, and quite possibly has made things worse.

It is not helpful or productive to pile homework on children.

THANK YOU.

I agree.

Certainly not in our culture as it stands now, no. People talk about income inequality, but there is really a parenting inequality in our culture. We have a lot of neglect/abuse.....and a lot of entitlement. Not a lot of middle ground it seems to me.

THANK YOU.

I agree.

Certainly not in our culture as it stands now, no. People talk about income inequality, but there is really a parenting inequality in our culture. We have a lot of neglect/abuse.....and a lot of entitlement. Not a lot of middle ground it seems to me.

It is a huge problem/issue, that we will really struggle with to address.

MOAR is not a policy. At least not a good one.

And we piled on the work, trying to be more like Japan.....

Which we have established you know nothing about. You have never been in a school in Japan, have never set foot in Japan, and do not know any Japanese families well enough to make any such judgement about "ruined lives."

If one looks at the countries that public education in some parts of America is compared to unfavorably, it is absurd to imagine the problem is American kids don't work hard enough.

Again, every child is an individual with individual circumstances, abilities, and goals. We don't need the Central People's Committee on Child Engineering to set a uniform standard for everything about a child's development because some historically ignorant fools want the state to supplant the family.

Adults who are lazy slacker losers feeling threatened by the idea of other people being more diligent and committed than they are should not be the model for American students. Euro-style passive dead weight who view any work as something to be avoided as much as possible instead of being a defining part of an individual's identity are not the kind of people we need to make America strong.

Forum List

Back