Migrant Families’ Records Have Disappeared, or Have Been Destroyed

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
“Faced with a court-imposed deadline to reunite families separated at the southwest border, federal authorities are calling in volunteers to sort through records and resorting to DNA tests to match children with parents. And they acknowledged for the first time Thursday that of the nearly 3,000 children who are still in federal custody, about 100 are under the age of 5.

Records linking children to their parents have disappeared, and in some cases have been destroyed, according to two officials of the Department of Homeland Security, leaving the authorities struggling to identify connections between family members.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/05/us/migrant-children-chaos-family-separation.html

Such gross incompetence from the failed Trump ‘administration’ comes as no surprise.

“Faced with a court-imposed deadline to reunite families separated at the southwest border, federal authorities are calling in volunteers to sort through records and resorting to DNA tests to match children with parents. And they acknowledged for the first time Thursday that of the nearly 3,000 children who are still in federal custody, about 100 are under the age of 5.

Records linking children to their parents have disappeared, and in some cases have been destroyed, according to two officials of the Department of Homeland Security, leaving the authorities struggling to identify connections between family members.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/05/us/migrant-children-chaos-family-separation.html

Such gross incompetence from the failed Trump ‘administration’ comes as no surprise.
He is using the same system Obama used.

I'm trying to figure out how parents get "lost," who have kids sitting in HHS custody. I don't think it means the agency has lost the records--it means they can't contact the parents, who have apparently been released on bond.
They'll show up.

Migrant Families’ Records Have Disappeared, or Have Been Destroyed

Like with a cloth?
You don't lose or destroy migrant families' records when they've only been here a few months and are in the process of being adjudicated. ICE and HHS have completely separate data bases, no doubt, and did not have built in ways to link children and parents, perhaps, prior to this genius idea of President Trump's. But they're not "lost." They certainly haven't been destroyed. I want to hear a lot more details FROM THE AGENCIES about this.
It smells funny to me.

Clearly. And they may never leave, at this rate.
I have no special knowledge where DNA matching is concerned. But based on what I've read and heard about the use of this advancing technology it can greatly simplify and accelerate processing. The real problem resides in determining what to do with the reunited families.

Clearly. And they may never leave, at this rate.
I have no special knowledge where DNA matching is concerned. But based on what I've read and heard about the use of this advancing technology it can greatly simplify and accelerate processing. The real problem resides in determining what to do with the reunited families.
Interestingly, border and customs have told us that only half of one percent of illegal immigrants are bringing children they don't know, who might be preyed upon later. I am not sure what this DNA matching is going to prove.

Whenever I have been asked on official forms the name of my mother and my father, it was not necessary to DNA test us to prove it. Why must these immigrants?

I'm trying to figure out how parents get "lost," who have kids sitting in HHS custody. I don't think it means the agency has lost the records--it means they can't contact the parents, who have apparently been released on bond.
They'll show up.
I agree, but I bet some were brought over by smugglers. There parents are probably in their own country.

Whenever I have been asked on official forms the name of my mother and my father, it was not necessary to DNA test us to prove it. Why must these immigrants?
How about because they are immigrants?
Nah, just more stupid bureaucratic bullshit, I think. Unless they actually DO have babies in cribs and they have no idea who they are.... that just doesn't seem possible. I used to work for DHHS (state level) and even we weren't that bad.

They'll show up.
I agree, but I bet some were brought over by smugglers. There parents are probably in their own country.
half of one percent. They are pretty good at figuring that out from the initial screening, I am told.

Lol
They don’t do not belong here… So shut the fuck up

They'll show up.

The kids that are old enough to be verbal can identify their parents. They don’t need DNA tests.

They aren’t “immigrants”. Immigrants go through a legal process to be here. These people are illegal aliens.

Forum List

Back