Migrant caravan freely crosses Mexican border after gates were left open, authorities avoided 'confr

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
1000 more "oppressed" on the way.

So they should offer asylum to them, it's the first nation policy.

Migrant caravan freely crosses Mexican border after gates were left open, authorities avoided 'confrontation'

Around 1,000 Central American migrants marched freely through the Guatemala-Mexico border on Friday after the gates were left wide open, with Mexican authorities standing down from confronting the caravan.

The border gates were open only temporarily, but migrants – who crossed the bridge from Tecun-Uman to Ciudad Hidalgo – were surprised to find no locks on the gates, effectively giving them a free pass to enter the country without being stuck at the border or registering with immigration officials and now begin the trek to the U.S. border, which can range from between 1,000 to 2,500 miles depending on the point of entry.

I think the U.S Congress should consider sanctions against these nations and their governments as they are clearly oppressing their citizens and abusing their rights. Why else would someone seek asylum?

Do those who have sympathy for the plight of these people leaving want to hold their governments accountable?

Well to some extend, I'm ok with this. Let them do what they want. They just can't come here that way.

They can all stay in Mexico if that is how Mexico wishes to play it.

I read a news article that the previous Mexican President took drug money from the cartels!

Migrant caravan freely crosses Mexican border after gates were left open, authorities avoided 'confrontation'

Around 1,000 Central American migrants marched freely through the Guatemala-Mexico border on Friday after the gates were left wide open, with Mexican authorities standing down from confronting the caravan.

The border gates were open only temporarily, but migrants – who crossed the bridge from Tecun-Uman to Ciudad Hidalgo – were surprised to find no locks on the gates, effectively giving them a free pass to enter the country without being stuck at the border or registering with immigration officials and now begin the trek to the U.S. border, which can range from between 1,000 to 2,500 miles depending on the point of entry.

Democrats should be delighted because they absolutely LOVE open borders! But I mean, why should the Mexicans bother to care? Those migrants aren't headed for them, they know their destination is to try to cross into the USA anyway!

Democrats should be delighted because they absolutely LOVE open borders! But I mean, why should the Mexicans bother to care? Those migrants aren't headed for them, they know their destination is to try to cross into the USA anyway!
But they're the ones who will have to feed them and clean up their shit when they can't get in.

Around 1,000 Central American migrants marched freely through the Guatemala-Mexico border on Friday

The straight line distance from Guatemala to El Paso, Texas is 1,502 miles.

If someone is willing to walk themselves and their children 1,502 miles to find safety then we have an obligation to hear their plea!!

in my view of things

Around 1,000 Central American migrants marched freely through the Guatemala-Mexico border on Friday

If someone is willing to walk themselves and their children 1,502 miles to find safety then we have an obligation to hear their plea!!

in my view of things

What about their governments though?

Such human right and oppression and the world trades with these nations freely? I guarantee if someone put this to Congress the same people saying, "they are oppressed"! would not vote to support sanctions against the oppressors.

It's economic migration. You will have a billion at your doorstep in the future if you don't get smart. Your economy will devolve into extreme haves and have nots, potentially collapse economically, and Western liberty is finished.

This isn't hyperbole, it's common sense. No system is without limits.

But they're the ones who will have to feed them and clean up their shit when they can't get in.

Shhhh. That's the plan. Build the damn wall. Pass it on.

Anybody know what war these migrants are seeking asylum from in the U.S.? Why isn't Mexico their destination of choice? Really.....can someone explain that?

in my view of things

Why do they have to walk all the way to the U.S. to find safety? And what do they need to be 'safe' from? I saw a video of these folks today and they all looked in good health, well fed and well clothed. Most I saw were young men flashing gang signs anyway.

"Honduras is a nation on the rise, with tourists increasingly flocking here to explore its intriguing Mayan sites, pristine national parks and picturesque coastline.

Come to the Central American country of Honduras to discover ancient Mayan ruins, vast national parks and dive sites teeming with marine life. While Honduras is largely a developing country, it is open for tourism and boasts some incredible opportunities for intrepid sightseeing. Trek through dense rainforests, relax on sandy beaches next to sparkling bays and go rafting down a gushing river."

https://www.expedia.com/Honduras.d76.Destination-Travel-Guides

Apparently the horrible conditions in Honduras that these people are fleeing from includes "a nation on the rise" as of 2019.

This is not a caravan of refugees it is a caravan of people seeking a better economic situation. Usually people present and points of entry instead of illegally hopping fences when they want to enter another country for some economic advantage.

That being said, there seems to be a huge economic gap in Honduras between the rich and poor.

Why are so many people fleeing Honduras?

"The Center for Economic and Policy Research reports that Honduras has “the most unequal distribution of income in Latin America"

As usual they blame the U.S. for all their problems at the end of the article.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back