might be thinking of an old practical car , daily driver , ready for

Fit is ok , not enough room in the back for my crazy purposes but ok for luggage and gear and our Sport Automatic was about 16 thousand brand new. Drove 2700 miles cross country one time , it did fine but its a little car . I fit easily and I'm 6'3" at 240 pounds but leg and head room is excellent , I could wear a cowboy hat and still be fine Pogo !! I get about 27 in my small town driving in the city and maybe 32 - 34 on the highway . Probably get better with a stick or if I was more careful . 60,000 miles so far , never a problem , I use Mobil one and do all maintenance and service by the book at HONDA !!
Your Falcon idea is a good one. You can really build one OR just go stock and have solid AND investment.

I've seen a dude playing a guitar... :ack-1:
I've seen cops on the interstate using their computers while driving 85.

One must drive defensively every second.

Hell, a texting woman almost hit me while I was mowing my yard.

It has gotten all out of hand.

and if I were to buy a FIT again it'd be a regular Fit with radio , ac and cruise control , manual tranny and that's about it [no more Sport model] . Also , I'd get whatever mud flap arrangement and wind deflectors on the windows if offered Pogo !! I think that my Sport Fit has some kinda mud flaps but the FIT is a wussy car and I dislike the flat black on the upper part if the cars pillars . I have factory , dealer installed paint protection film on the glossy paint and its great. Also , the front hood takes a beating with small chips caused by rocks being thrown up by other cars [I think] . I'm going to see about having hood removed and repainted by a body shop . maybe Honda or maybe they have an option to fix the few chips !! Almost forgot , the aluminum wheels are nice so might go out of my way to get them .

Last edited:
what the fuck?
If you're serious about an "older" everyday driver that is the cheapest to drive and maintain on a daily basis, forget all that 60s and 70s shit and go buy a mid 2000s toyota camry. They are BULLET PROOF.

and if I were to buy a FIT again it'd be a regular Fit with radio , ac and cruise control , manual tranny and that's about it [no more Sport model] . Also , I'd get whatever mud flap arrangement and wind deflectors on the windows if offered Pogo !! I think that my Sport Fit has some kinda mud flaps but the FIT is a wussy car and I dislike the flat black on the upper part if the cars pillars . I have factory , dealer installed paint protection film on the glossy paint and its great. Also , the front hood takes a beating with small chips caused by rocks being thrown up by other cars [I think] . I'm going to see about having hood removed and repainted by a body shop . maybe Honda or maybe they have an option to fix the few chips !! Almost forgot , the aluminum wheels are nice so might go out of my way to get them .

Could you define "wussy"? TIA.

coast to coast travel or just a daily driver . I was thinking a Dodge slant six Dart , Ford Falcon or similar , maybe a Ford , Chevy , any American older car , thinking of the mid 60s , 70s . Thinking about the easiest to fix , repair , least gadget filled , best mpg , best parts availability and other practical considerations that I may not have thought about . Also thinking that a small station wagon would be nice . So , just looking for ideas Ladies and Gents . Think it was the 70s I had a slant 6 Dart of that era , it was an alright car , drove about 2000 miles on a trip one time with 3 adults and 2 kids and used it for work for a few years . Cruised at 60 or 70 mph I suppose !! All thoughts and ideas are welcome and appreciated . I want it to be decent and halfway nice , presentable looking but that's about it . Want something ready to go but I'd put some money into the car so parts availability is important .
I have a f350 and geo exactly like this as a second car I love it easy to fix great on gas 3cyl fwd 5 speed

coast to coast travel or just a daily driver . I was thinking a Dodge slant six Dart , Ford Falcon or similar , maybe a Ford , Chevy , any American older car , thinking of the mid 60s , 70s . Thinking about the easiest to fix , repair , least gadget filled , best mpg , best parts availability and other practical considerations that I may not have thought about . Also thinking that a small station wagon would be nice . So , just looking for ideas Ladies and Gents . Think it was the 70s I had a slant 6 Dart of that era , it was an alright car , drove about 2000 miles on a trip one time with 3 adults and 2 kids and used it for work for a few years . Cruised at 60 or 70 mph I suppose !! All thoughts and ideas are welcome and appreciated . I want it to be decent and halfway nice , presentable looking but that's about it . Want something ready to go but I'd put some money into the car so parts availability is important .
I have a f350 and geo exactly like this as a second car I love it easy to fix great on gas 3cyl fwd 5 speed

I drive a Focus ST, I could afford more car, but why? The damn thing is fun to drive, economical, practical, and just an all around great little car.

I have a 2015 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4 too, when you need a to, when you need a truck, you need a truck, but I wouldn't want to drive it every day.

Old VW bug. Parts are still cheap and after market support is great!
There is a catch with the VW bug though, hit a box turtle, and DIE!
same thing with the Honda fit or my motorcycle Roadrunner !!

Actually I've been looking at the Fit as the closest available replacement for the Saturn SW. Not quite as much cargo space but well designed in how the space is used. Excellent reviews on reliability, decent mileage, I'm prolly going there.

That whole "bulk = safety" mentality is a myth anyway. More bulk means less maneuverability. I'll take agility over lumbering bulkidude any day. My SW2 had a fiberglas body and weighs 2500 lbs. That thing will move like a gazelle. When it suddenly gets hairy -- that's what I want.

Your 1970 Dodge in the link is gonna be more bulky than agile methinks. American cars weren't getting built "tight" yet.

Exact same mechanicals as a 1970 Dart, built with a truly mind-blowing list of factory parts...and kicked ass against megabuck supercars:
13.jpg

150+MPH top end, corners at better than 1G, can hot-lap a roadcourse all day without brake fade. (Yes, that is a Plymouth Valiant!)

Too bad it is such a dreadful car. My wife had one...aside from mileage, it did absolutely nothing well!

Forum List

Back