Midwest fault line could instanntly kill 80,000 people warns FEMA

I used to live there as well, left for a job and found out that the eastern side of the state has better weather and no traffic. I went back last week for a funeral and I learned to hate Seattle all over again. How people can live like that is unreal.

Lived in Pullman as a kid and it was great!!
Of course that was over 40 years ago.

Pullman is a great community. I'm not a WSU fan however I root for them over UW, those people are arrogant assholes. I live in Spokane and love it, people are more laid back and more accepting and engaging of others than the westside.

I was offered a job in Seattle that would pay me almost double what I make in Spokane and I won't take it. Life is to short to sit in traffic and rain.

My Dad was the Trainer at WSU.
Moved to San Diego when he got a job with the NBA and the San Diego Rockets. Didnt even get to move into the new house before the team went to Houston.
Which of course ended up being the Houston Rockets.

Very cool story.

It was pretty cool hanging out with Hakeem,Moses,Calvin Murphy,Rudy T and a host of other greats.
Was a ballboy for around 3 years and I wont say what I found in John Lucas's locker....other than it was small,silver and shaped like a little spoon.
The old man took it and told me not to say a word.

He's the short guy in the black suit jacket....

Lucas had so many off court issues. Calvin Murphy and Rudy T were two of my favorites. Uncle Kermit got a bad rap with The Rudy T incident. When he got to Portland Kermit and Mychal Thompson had a radio show after they retired and he was always apologizing from that incident.

The Space Needle will not sustain serious structural damage during earthquakes of magnitudes below 9.1.
there is no way they can say that.....in S.Cal there were new buildings and bridges damaged during the 6.7 we had in Northridge....those buildings were supposed to be good for bigger quakes to,so they thought.....many had serious damage....
Concrete bridges are far more brittle than the Space Needle. The Needle can sway with no problem.

Ok so tell me what concrete bridge came down during an earthquake here?

Not only are our buildings built to with stand earthquakes, so are our bridges and some infrastructure.

You people seem to think that it's ok to not be prepared for Mother Nature. It's not.

Those of us in the west have been building infrastructure and buildings that are meant to withstand a big shake for decades. You people in the east have not. We in the west know the benefit of spending a little more money to make sure that everything can withstand a big shake. You in the east don't. We don't have a problem with paying taxes and passing zoning laws that will make sure we are safe. You in the east do have that problem and don't seem to care about the safety of your people. While you bash us in the west.

Ever heard of the story of the ant and grasshopper? You might want to learn from it.
even so dana there aint no way that they can say the space needle WILL stand an 8 pointer with minimal damage...

You can't say that. You have no idea how it was made.

Just saying that doesn't make it true.

I believe the engineers who built it over you.
Just saying that doesn't make it true.
your right....since that area in this century has never had an 8 or 9 pointer how would they know?..so you are right,just saying it can, doesnt mean it can stand one....they can hope it will....

It’s designed to withstand a 9.0 however none of them know for sure. It is all right until something happens.

Dont call California for help, we are too busy making America great as always.

What in the heck is going on? Is our world turned upside down? Kind of, but not really. Folks in the central United States, otherwise known as the Mississippi Valley, are being encouraged to prepare for catastrophic earthquakes. And while the fear may seem unfounded, science is actually speaking to the contrary. A new program called “Shake It Out” is encouraging mass participation in earthquake preparedness events from Ohio all the way down through the southern state of Louisiana.
Midwest Fault Line Could Instantly Kill 80,000 People, Warns FEMA

Well things are getting shady more than most even realize....
Lol, what would a conspiracy theorist like you know about actual science?

Lived in Pullman as a kid and it was great!!
Of course that was over 40 years ago.

Pullman is a great community. I'm not a WSU fan however I root for them over UW, those people are arrogant assholes. I live in Spokane and love it, people are more laid back and more accepting and engaging of others than the westside.

I was offered a job in Seattle that would pay me almost double what I make in Spokane and I won't take it. Life is to short to sit in traffic and rain.

Moved to San Diego when he got a job with the NBA and the San Diego Rockets. Didnt even get to move into the new house before the team went to Houston.

Very cool story.

It was pretty cool hanging out with Hakeem,Moses,Calvin Murphy,Rudy T and a host of other greats.
Was a ballboy for around 3 years and I wont say what I found in John Lucas's locker....other than it was small,silver and shaped like a little spoon.

Lucas had so many off court issues. Calvin Murphy and Rudy T were two of my favorites. Uncle Kermit got a bad rap with The Rudy T incident. When he got to Portland Kermit and Mychal Thompson had a radio show after they retired and he was always apologizing from that incident.

Yeah..
I feel sorry for Kermit,he said it ruined his life and he was forever apologetic and I believe him.
No normal person wants to inflict that much damage on someone over a sporting event.

When the Rockets first moved to Houston,Calvin moved in a few streets over from us in Spring Branch. His wife Vernetta used to watch over my brother and I.
I'll never forget him coming to the house and slamming on our 8ft goal with wild abandon!!! Although he could dunk on a 10 foot hoop.
I remember asking if his black would wash off in the pool....
I'd never seen a black person before that because they just weren't around at WSU.

Very cool story.

Yeah..
I feel sorry for Kermit,he said it ruined his life and he was forever apologetic and I believe him.
No normal person wants to inflict that much damage on someone over a sporting event.

When the Rockets first moved to Houston,Calvin moved in a few streets over from us in Spring Branch. His wife Vernetta used to watch over my brother and I.
I'll never forget him coming to the house and slamming on our 8ft goal with wild abandon!!! Although he could dunk on a 10 foot hoop.
I'd never seen a black person before that because they just weren't around at WSU.

I have a four foot oil painting done by Rudy's wife Sophia of a rustic cabin on Lake LBJ across from a family friends place.
It's a treasure to me.

Very cool story.

Yeah..

I dont feel sorry for him one bit. Should have done ten years for that? No reason for it? Always with the AA, first instinct is violence. No real punishment is granting licensee for more and more of that by them.....yes those people. He could have just blocked, grabbed, held on. Anything but that sucker punch. In that era, they also ganged up and diserious damage ( Randy Moss & others).

Very cool story.

Yeah..

I dont feel sorry for him one bit. Should have done ten years for that? No reason for it? Always with the AA, first instinct is violence. No real punishment is granting licensee for more and more of that by them.....yes those people. He could have just blocked, grabbed, held on. Anything but that sucker punch. In that era, they also ganged up and diserious damage ( Randy Moss & others).

If you knew him like I did you'd think different.
It destroyed him mentally.

What in the heck is going on? Is our world turned upside down? Kind of, but not really. Folks in the central United States, otherwise known as the Mississippi Valley, are being encouraged to prepare for catastrophic earthquakes. And while the fear may seem unfounded, science is actually speaking to the contrary. A new program called “Shake It Out” is encouraging mass participation in earthquake preparedness events from Ohio all the way down through the southern state of Louisiana.
Midwest Fault Line Could Instantly Kill 80,000 People, Warns FEMA

Well things are getting shady more than most even realize....

Not really. The New Madrid earthquakes back in the 1811, 1812 time frame were so powerful they caused the Mississippi river to flow backwards for three days.

I think their estimate is a bit high, but only a bit. That part of the country doesn't build to the same standards as in earthquake country.

I have never gotten how that would even be possible and believe it to be nothing more than an old wive's tale.

No, it is factual. There was actually visible evidence for decades after the fact. I would love to trench a section of it so we could see deposition layers.

OK, tell how a river can flow backward. Gravity works you do realize.

The fracking causes instability so it seems to me that would mean a much higher chance of a moderate earthquake since tension cannot build up too high. That would prevent big earthquakes from happening.

Fracking cause instability? Bullshit! If anything they would relieve any pressure buildups causing smaller earthquakes, rather than the large intense ones.

Very cool story.

Yeah..

If you knew him like I did you'd think different.
It destroyed him mentally.

It did not help Tomjanovich career much either. The SOB should do ten years in Sing Sing. OJ walked free too. Animals. Only sad when they get caught. First instinct to jump up and start swinging or worse. I hpe he suffered every minute. Not just when faking it for cameras.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back