Midterm correction -The Big Shift?

Mid-term election pospects. What will be the makeup of the house after the election?

• No change.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Democrats lose seats but still control house.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Even split.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Republicans gain control but with slim majority

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Republicans gain a 30-50 seat majority in the House

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Republicans get true landslide and gain a 51+ majority

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Have to put this here too. Democrats imprive on their majority.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
With every passing day it appears the public is ready to vote against the Democratic majority. Yet when you look at the individual races at the House level there is no reason to expect a massive change in membership. Most of the Representatives are in safe districts and/or face no real opponents. Of the 435 seats 253 are Democrat and 178 Republican. I would venture (generously at that) fewer than 80 seats are really contestable. Let’s say the Republicans get 70% (Again being generous) of these seats, the new total would be 234 Republicans to 201 Democrats. This would result in committee changes and change the overall balance but it would still be a divided House.

the messages I am seeing are pretty mixed. The republican keep on loosing even in nominally republican districts, while the Dems are able to keep theirs in the special elections. MA Senate remains an anomaly.

But the polls keeps saying the people are fed up with the democrats.

I am wishing for a big move, But I don't see it yet.

the messages I am seeing are pretty mixed. The republican keep on loosing even in nominally republican districts, while the Dems are able to keep theirs in the special elections. MA Senate remains an anomaly.

It seems to me that the people are making it very clear. They don't like either party. They don't like how we're being governed. They don't like the process, they don't like the leaders.

I think the GOP will win, big. However, they are toadies of all political class. Change is coming and if reasonable people aren't leading, watch out.

It seems to me that the people are making it very clear. They don't like either party. They don't like how we're being governed. They don't like the process, they don't like the leaders.

I think the GOP will win, big. However, they are toadies of all political class. Change is coming and if reasonable people aren't leading, watch out.

And the BlueBlood Repubican Elitists are being served notice by real Conservatives...not Democrat wannabes like Lindsey Grahamnesty that continues to suck-up to the Tea Partiers.

The GOP has been served notice...

Old line Republicans are loosing badly in primaries all over. Even pretty far right guys like Christ are finding things tough this year with the Republican base.

It seems the Democratic leadership still seems determined to piss into the hurricane, while the Republicans are trying to ride the tidal wave.

It is going to be a storm of a year, and I think voters all over the place are in the mood to vote out any rascal they can find.

Which may mean that Republican may loose a few seats as well.

You should make your polls public. I voted 51+. :D

When MO-4 is a toss up, the Democrats are in big trouble.

I've vote FOR Ike Skelton (D) every time he has been up for re-election.

We moved last year, so he is no longer my representative, but if he was I couldn't vote for him after Healthcare...I think a lot of the blue dogs who voted for Obamacare will be joining the ranks of the unemployed.

Last edited:
I have faith the Republicans will take their perceived lead in September and fuck it up by November

Their problems come when they actually have to open their mouths and convince people to vote for them

You should make your polls public. I voted 51+. :D

When MO-4 is a toss up, the Democrats are in big trouble.

I've vote FOR Ike Skelton (D) every time he has been up for re-election.

We moved last year, so he is no longer my representative, but if he was I couldn't vote for him after Healthcare...I think a lot of the blue dogs who voted for Obamacare will be joining the ranks of the unemployed.

It will be interesting to see how many Obama Care supporters retain their seats. If the retention rate is very small, it will be interesting to see if Obama Care is reconsidered, amended or de-funded.

I have faith the Republicans will take their perceived lead in September and fuck it up by November

Their problems come when they actually have to open their mouths and convince people to vote for them

No. Wrong answer fishlips. They get in trouble when they act like *you*

Nice answer T...your mommy help you with it?

Problem with the Republicans is everyone loves them until they open their mouths

Then it becomes...."Can you believe he actually said THAT??"

No. Wrong answer fishlips. They get in trouble when they act like *you*

Nice answer T...your mommy help you with it?

Problem with the Republicans is everyone loves them until they open their mouths

Then it becomes...."Can you believe he actually said THAT??"

You're right. The problem for Dems this year is that all a Republican needs to do is post a picture of the Big0, Harry and Nancy, all with big smiles with these words across the top: Had Enough? Then at the bottom just: Vote John Doe.

Campaign speeches should have the same message. Just say, "I'm not them and I don't like what they want to do either."

The country has seen what Democrat ideas can do and we are scared to death of what they might come up with next.

Palin's speech in October will turn it into at least a 75+ seat win not for Republicans but for the Tea Party.

Republicans used to be able to sit on their fat fucking asses and pretend they were little Democrats but if you want to see Hell, try being a newly elected Republican who wants to start taxing and spending

It's shit like that that makes people want to vote economic dipshits like the DNC out.

Keep flapping yer yap.

Thats the problem with all of them anymore. They don't have solutions but just drag the opponents through the mud. Its about doing damage to the other guy not what you can do for the country!

Thats the problem with all of them anymore. They don't have solutions but just drag the opponents through the mud. Its about doing damage to the other guy not what you can do for the country!
See, I'm not so sure about that anymore. The Tea Party supported candidates may be very rough edges, but they're not desiring to get up to Washington and be the Same Old/Same Old. They do have a plan that the establishment fears and if enough do win elections, and can maintain their integrity past 2 election cycles (which then they should be looking to retire.) and make some compositional changes to the washington class, we can potentially turn this nation away from the disaster we're about to enter. At least, push out elitists and RINOs from the GOP and drag it kicking and screaming from a too cozy relationship and back to small government roots.

Not holding my breath though.

Since it would only be temporary, I would actually prefer to see the GOP win control of Congress. Then, they would have to actually DO something for a change instead of just bitch about everything.

I voted for a slim GOP lead in the House. It seems there's two things a lot of the more...excitable... folks here are forgetting:

1. In the midterms all politics are local. You frequently see bad polling on Congress as a whole, but people re-elect with a stupidly high percentage. Unless a truly national issue comes up by October, the GOP has to remember that you win midterm elections purely on the local level.

2. Incumbents have an advantage, even in the tough years. Along the lines of 1, the Tea Party has been pulling down incumbents on the GOP side in races around the country. That's all well and good for showing you're a force in the GOP, but in the general you're undercutting yourself. Incumbents have large organizations on the ground, war chests, and name recognition. Those three things don't guarantee you win, but they do make it hard to lose. By pulling down incumbents in their own party they've killed some of the safe seats the GOP wouldn't have had to normally fight for. Not only that, up and coming Tea Party backed candidates that didn't face a GOP incumbent still have an uphill battle to fight in the General. The Tea Party backed candidate probably had to spend money fighting off an "establishment" candidate weakening them for the real fight.

I think the Reps are going to get seats. It remains to be seen just how many.

I don't think it will be a landslide but who knows???

The voting public is rather fickle. LOL

Last edited:

Forum List

Back