Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor

Nickkus

Rookie
Oct 10, 2014
Okay, so I think this is an incredible game, but I wanted to know how the rest of the community felt about it.

I'm playing it and love it. I had to start all over 2 days ago after I lost all my game saves and settings. I have no idea what happened, other than I put the game on pause to go work on my Quicken app. When I returned, there was a black screen. So I closed out the game and restarted. It was then that I realized that everything was gone. Others have had the same problem if you will check the Steam site. They also opened up another app, and the same thing happened. it appears to be some glitch that needs to be patched. Also, I have the recommended video card, NVIDIA GTX 660 with updated drivers, but I have experienced lines and shadows that have enveloped the entire game, forcing me to restart. Those shadows can be hairy when you are fighting hordes of orcs and several Captains at the same time. That's not a game to play blind.

I am having problems making the brutalize function work. I am using the default key for sneak, Left Shift, but rather than use the default right mouse click for counter/bow/brutalize, I use the Q key. That is the key I have used for counter when I played Skyrim and all the Assassins Creed games.Since I cannot make brutalize work, I haven't been able to complete the side mission where you must brutalize a Captain in front of his men. According to the instructions, I must hold Left Shift and then press the Q key. When I do that, the bow comes up, ready to shoot. I have held both keys down and even tapped the Q key and the left mouse key, but I still cannot activate the brutalize function. Anybody have any ideas? I notice that others on other sites are having the same problem. No, I will not change my key mappings to the mouse right click because in every game I have ever played, I have always used the mouse right key for moving forward.

I figured out how to do the "Brutalize" move in the game. The default settings are press "Shift Control", then tap the right mouse button. Well, I use "Q" instead of the right mouse button. The games instructions are either not correct, or I have a quirky keyboard. You have to hold "Shift Control", wait for the target to turn red, then tap the "Q" key twice. It works every time. In fact, that is one way to get 70 experience points.

Here's a hint for all you newbies in the game. Stealth finishers gain more points than just killing orcs with a sword. To get more experience points to up my abilities, I run around killing as many orcs as I can.

I have already finished the game, even after doing most of the side missions to gain points and money to buy the upgrades. The bosses in the story line, the Hammer, the Tower, and the Black Hand of Sauron are way too easy, provided you follow the on screen instructions and press the recommended keys like they require. Only trying to figure out how you should press the keys gets you killed quite often so you have to start over. All in all, with the exception of the Hammer, the rest of the bosses are a piece of cake, and the game ends too quickly. I spent a long time in the side missions and ignored the main storyline forever to the point that I played the game for over a month. I must say when you do that, the game gets rather monotonous with the repetitive quests that you have to do. As of now, I am waiting for the next installment of Assassins Creed to be released in November.

Forum List

Back