middle class, educated and hungry

I have a friend with 2 degrees, photography and interior design.

She bartends and works at CVS.

Go figure.

And of course, the connection will never be made that the clients who've decided that they can no longer afford to pay for piano lessons are likely The Rich as defined by Obama.

Upper Middle Class people who work for a living are cutting back on discretionary services due to inflation and the threat of higher taxes. No amount of unemployment checks is going to make up for this lack of demand.

And of course, the connection will never be made that the clients who've decided that they can no longer afford to pay for piano lessons are likely The Rich as defined by Obama.

Upper Middle Class people who work for a living are cutting back on discretionary services due to inflation and the threat of higher taxes. No amount of unemployment checks is going to make up for this lack of demand.

Not according to Pelosi.

Redistribution for those who refuse to take care of their responsibilities, at the expense of those that do.....

Aw, c'mon......I don't recall the Bush Family complaining about people disturbing their outing, in New Orleans.

146-bush-family-vaccation.jpg

:eusa_hand:

Ah the site of cons claiming there is no such thing as rich.

Its well ...........rich.

Ah the site of cons claiming there is no such thing as rich.

Its well ...........rich.

Nobody said this. We just don't obsess over it like twits like you. Nor do want to strip them of their money for our own gain, like you want to do.

Its middle class in this country now.

The income divide is so huge after Bush she was middle class

WTF are you talking about? I couldn't do that on $38,000 BEFORE Bush. I can do that now at about 4 times that.

And this highlights the sophistry of Obama calling people who make $250K The Rich.

The fact is that, due to inflation and an increased tax burden, in many regions of the country, it takes a 6 figure income to maintain a basic middle class life style.

people who make 250,000 and above are rich.

Why did boody claim they are not?

WTF are you talking about? I couldn't do that on $38,000 BEFORE Bush. I can do that now at about 4 times that.

And this highlights the sophistry of Obama calling people who make $250K The Rich.

The fact is that, due to inflation and an increased tax burden, in many regions of the country, it takes a 6 figure income to maintain a basic middle class life style.

Well congress and the president, with benefits included, make over $250,000/year. Maybe they should all take a pay cut down to the average salary of an american worker or even all the way down to the average salary of an active duty military member.

Because they aren't, you moron. At $250,000, in a 2-person household, you can afford 2 cell phones, 2 cars, your mortgage, your utilities, food, clothing, etc. You do NOT have an excess of cash you can just go out and blow at random on anything you want. You have a decent sized savings account if you're smart, instead.

THAT is not rich - THAT is called being careful with what you have. You still have to look at larger purchases carefully, and decide whether you can afford it, without irresponsibly dumping it on a credit card, and expecting someone else to pick up the tab if something happens.

Gott alove this from the cited CNN article

Rosalinde Block, 58, of New York is a musician and author who spent almost 30 years teaching piano lessons. She lost many of her clients during the recession. Despite her degree from Sarah Lawrence College and her teaching experience, she found herself out of work and unable to provide for her teenage son.

Sounds more like wanting to do what you have been doing, rather than doing whatever it takes to take care of your personal responsibilities... which happens in many many cases... funny, I bet I can find waitress jobs, bartender jobs, retail clerk jobs, and many MANY others...

This is the typical media sob story.. used for an agenda.. the typical charity story, trying to garner donations... and a typical 'study', with outrageous claims , and accepted by agenda driven zealots because it does fit their agenda

I thought it was something like that

Leave it to TDM to post a buch of bs about a person who wasted her college money on something she couldn't support herself with.

Sympathys in the dictionary between shit and syphillis.

Rosalinde Block, 58, of New York is a musician and author who spent almost 30 years teaching piano lessons. She lost many of her clients during the recession. Despite her degree from Sarah Lawrence College and her teaching experience, she found herself out of work and unable to provide for her teenage son.

Sounds more like wanting to do what you have been doing, rather than doing whatever it takes to take care of your personal responsibilities... which happens in many many cases... funny, I bet I can find waitress jobs, bartender jobs, retail clerk jobs, and many MANY others...

This is the typical media sob story.. used for an agenda.. the typical charity story, trying to garner donations... and a typical 'study', with outrageous claims , and accepted by agenda driven zealots because it does fit their agenda

The part I made big, yup thats the problem with a lot of the currently unemployed.

Not all of them but many aren't willing to work 2 jobs one at mcdonalds and the other stocking shelves at night to make ends meet. They will only take that accounts payable job that they had before.

The laid off are all assholes huh?

Keep it up and see how well that works for your party.

The part I made big, yup thats the problem with a lot of the currently unemployed.

Not all of them but many aren't willing to work 2 jobs one at mcdonalds and the other stocking shelves at night to make ends meet. They will only take that accounts payable job that they had before.

there isnt enough jobs for everyone to go around. Damn those lazy bastards that wont work two jobs to make ends meet. It has to be them, Right?

The new hungry: College-educated, middle-class cope with food insecurity - CNN.com

The new hungry: College-educated, middle-class cope with food insecurityBy Stephanie Chen, CNNDecember 13, 2010 9:08 a.m. EST
Rolanda McCarty, who was laid off and once earned $38,000 a year, relies on a food bank to feed her USDA: About 50 million Americans live in food insecure households

Food banks across the country are experiencing an uptick in demand

A growing number of food insecure people are college-educated and middle-class

Families have to make tough decisions between paying the bills and buying dinnerLawrenceville, Georgia (CNN) -- Come Christmas dinner, Rolanda McCarty, a 36-year-old single mother, usually goes all out.

Her table last year featured a rosemary-and-oil rubbed turkey and a sweet ham. She prepared fresh collard greens according to her grandmother's recipe. The dessert -- a rich butter pound cake -- was made from scratch.

But after being laid off from her technical recruiting job in January because of the struggling economy, there will be no fancy holiday feast, no family members pouring into her downsized one-bedroom apartment. She will rely on what she has: canned vegetables and microwavable meals from her community food bank.

"It was a little bit embarrassing," said McCarty of accessing the food pantry at the Lawrenceville Cooperative Ministry for the first time last month. "But you know, I have to do what I have to do to survive."

It is perhaps around the holidays, a period of celebration often centered on food, when there is no clearer reminder for many once middle-class families of what life used to taste like. McCarty, who is college educated and served in the Air Force for four years, describes herself as "an independent person," who earned $38,000 a year before the economy took a turn.

So, because she can't eat the expensive food she's now food insecure?

Sounds to me like the system is working for her. Wasn't she able to get food from the food bank in her area? Is she starving? Or are she and her children getting the food that they need from the food bank?

Oh, I get it now. Because she's accustomed to having an herb rubbed turkey AND a sweet ham, we the tax payers need to make sure that she still has those things even though she can't afford them. It's not enough that she has food to feed her family, we need to make sure that she's fed in the way that SHE WANTS TO BE FED.

I have an idea, how about she uses the food bank as it was intended until she gets back on her feet and gets another job. Oh wait, that's now inhumane.

Rick

Forum List

Back