Middle class could face higher taxes under Republican plan, analysis finds

In fairness, it's probably much more likely that they really are just going to push a tax plan that raises the debt by $4.5 trillion.

You mean they wouldn't pull a George W. Bush all over again?

After George W. Bush pulled a Ronald Reagan?

Are you sure?

:confused:

Pull a George Bush??? You mean, like Obama did? You forgot to mention his name, oh wait, Obama is a Dem, its ok.

In vetoing an internal improvements bill in 1817, President Madison wrote that "the terms 'common defence and general welfare'" do not give "to Congress a general power of legislation instead of the defined and limited one hitherto understood to belong to them."

...which he concluded meant the federal government had no authority to fund the building of roads. Madison is thus the reductio ad absurdum of that limited viewpoint.

Eisenhower probably had him rolling over in his grave.

Well someone has to keep the rich wealthy correct? Heck I'm gonna send my check right to wall street. Hopefully they give it right to the top 1 percent. This is purely a plutocracy. Purely. Prove it otherwise.

It's not exactly hard to figure out. You seem to be a person of very little quality and do not want to discuss politics or exchange ideas. You want to be a bully and name call and showoff that you know all of the bad words. You're really just a punk.

funny how people bitch about others calling names, and in the same sentence call people names.

dumb ass.

You know nothing about it. When I came on here I was polite to everybody. It was the right wing nuts that called me names and cussed at me. Because I'm a liberal. So you reep what you sew, buddy. Now I treat everybody accordingly. Jerk.

I know enough to know that bitching about people who call names, in the same sentence YOU call someone names, is being hypocritical, dumb ass.

Yeah, the GOP cares about the middle class. Another case of them sucker punching their supporters.

The tax reform plan that House Republicans have advanced would sharply cut taxes for the wealthiest Americans and could leave middle-class households facing much larger tax bills, according to a new analysis set to be released Wednesday.

The report, prepared by Senate Democrats and reviewed by nonpartisan tax experts, marks the first attempt to quantify the trade-offs inherent in the GOP tax package, which would replace the current tax structure with two brackets — 25 percent and 10 percent — and cut the top rate from 35 percent.

Those changes would benefit virtually every taxpayer, but they also would reduce federal tax collections by about $4.5 trillion over the next decade, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center. To avoid increasing the national debt by that amount, GOP leaders such as House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (Wis.) have pledged to get rid of all the special-interest loopholes and tax shelters that litter the code.

Republicans have declined to identify their targets. However, some of the biggest “loopholes” on the books are popular tax breaks for employer-provided health insurance, mortgage interest, state and local taxes, and retirement savings, which disproportionately benefit the upper middle class.

A red flag must go up when a story starts with "The report, prepared by Senate Democrats and reviewed by nonpartisan tax experts".

Non-partisan?

Ever hear of Jamie Gorelick?

You know, that lady that put up the wall between the CIA and the FBI making it harder to pass intel between agencies leading up to 9/11? Jamie Gorelick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She's on the board of trustees of the Urban Institute. The tax experts Democrats are claiming said the GOP plan was going to screw the Middle Class. Also Judy Woodruff sits on that board....a journalist at CNN an now PBS. Her monthly podcasts are featured on Bloomberg.com. Judy Woodruff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its largest contributors include the Ford Foundation, the Gates Foundation, Sen. Dianne Feinstein and her husband Richard C. Blum, Bank of America, ExxonMobil, Pew Charitable Trusts, the MacArthur Foundation, and the Carnegie Corporation.

Dianne Feinstein
Richard C. Blum, Feinstein's husband
Bill Gates
Jamie Gorelick
Judy Woodruff
The Ford Foundation

If these folks are non-partisan I'm Ike Turner.

In fairness, it's probably much more likely that they really are just going to push a tax plan that raises the debt by $4.5 trillion.

As opposed to a budget that raises the debt by $20 trillion over the next several years.

You are assuming that the change in tax rates won't increase revenues through job creation.

Excuse me.....but this report is jumping on a plan that isn't even finished yet and it also tries to tell everyone the same shit that Obama has been saying, that the only way to reduce the debt is by soaking the rich. We all know that is a fallacy.

funny how people bitch about others calling names, and in the same sentence call people names.

dumb ass.

You know nothing about it. When I came on here I was polite to everybody. It was the right wing nuts that called me names and cussed at me. Because I'm a liberal. So you reep what you sew, buddy. Now I treat everybody accordingly. Jerk.

I know enough to know that bitching about people who call names, in the same sentence YOU call someone names, is being hypocritical, dumb ass.

I don't care what you think, junior!!! Got it???

Yeah, the GOP cares about the middle class. Another case of them sucker punching their supporters.

The tax reform plan that House Republicans have advanced would sharply cut taxes for the wealthiest Americans and could leave middle-class households facing much larger tax bills, according to a new analysis set to be released Wednesday.

The report, prepared by Senate Democrats and reviewed by nonpartisan tax experts, marks the first attempt to quantify the trade-offs inherent in the GOP tax package, which would replace the current tax structure with two brackets — 25 percent and 10 percent — and cut the top rate from 35 percent.

Those changes would benefit virtually every taxpayer, but they also would reduce federal tax collections by about $4.5 trillion over the next decade, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center. To avoid increasing the national debt by that amount, GOP leaders such as House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (Wis.) have pledged to get rid of all the special-interest loopholes and tax shelters that litter the code.

Republicans have declined to identify their targets. However, some of the biggest “loopholes” on the books are popular tax breaks for employer-provided health insurance, mortgage interest, state and local taxes, and retirement savings, which disproportionately benefit the upper middle class.

A red flag must go up when a story starts with "The report, prepared by Senate Democrats and reviewed by nonpartisan tax experts".

Non-partisan?

Ever hear of Jamie Gorelick?

You know, that lady that put up the wall between the CIA and the FBI making it harder to pass intel between agencies leading up to 9/11? Jamie Gorelick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She's on the board of trustees of the Urban Institute. The tax experts Democrats are claiming said the GOP plan was going to screw the Middle Class. Also Judy Woodruff sits on that board....a journalist at CNN an now PBS. Her monthly podcasts are featured on Bloomberg.com. Judy Woodruff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its largest contributors include the Ford Foundation, the Gates Foundation, Sen. Dianne Feinstein and her husband Richard C. Blum, Bank of America, ExxonMobil, Pew Charitable Trusts, the MacArthur Foundation, and the Carnegie Corporation.

Dianne Feinstein
Richard C. Blum, Feinstein's husband
Bill Gates
Jamie Gorelick
Judy Woodruff
The Ford Foundation

If these folks are non-partisan I'm Ike Turner.

Gorlick made 26 million from Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac.

Does it bother anyone that the government makes people rich ?

I don't care what you think, junior!!! Got it???

You also don't seem to care that you only post personal responses and have yet to address a thread topic from what I can see.

The most regressive and repressive tax in this country is a tax on FOOD, because it is disproportionately taxing the poor.

And yes, quite a few states do exactly that - all the ones I know of are in the South.

I used to live 'on the Niagra Frontier', in very western NY state. Everyone would carpool down to PA in late summer to outfit their kids for school - because PA didn't charge sales tax on clothes like NY does. OK, so gas was proportionately cheaper then, but they're still doing it because it's still cost-effective.

I've been pointed this out for a long time. Every popular tax plan with the tea party shitheads ("flat", "fair", "999") would raise middle-class taxes. A lot.

The middle-class already pays a higher tax rate than the rich, another fact those tea party shitheads can't understand.

Forum List

Back