Mid-way point for the Republican Controlled House Report Card

The House has sent several jobs bills to the Senate. Harry Reid is sitting on them. No voting allowed.

Citations, please.

For starters, the 2012 Budget. True, Reid hasn't brought a budget up for a vote in 3 years, but that's just the Democrat Party way.

There's also these job building issues awaiting a vote from Harry Reid's senate:

Natural Resources Chairman Doc Hastings (R-WA): “House Republicans have introduced and passed bill after bill that would add jobs to our economy, yet President Obama and the Democrat controlled Senate refuse to act. Three offshore energy bills that I introduced and passed in the House with bipartisan support would create 1.2 million jobs and add $840 million to the treasury to help pay down our staggering national debt.”

Ways & Means Chairman Dave Camp (R-MI): “In order to get Americans back to work producing the economic growth this country needs, we need to let the private sector do what it does best, invest and create jobs. … By leveling the playing field for American farmers, manufacturers and service industry, the three long-pending trade agreements will increase American exports and lead to the creation of 250,000 more jobs. The President should immediately submit these agreements to Congress, where they enjoy broad bipartisan support.”

Financial Services Chairman Spencer Bachus (R-AL): “Small businesses, which create most of the jobs in America, are having difficulty getting loans because regional and small banks are being smothered by the 400 new Federal regulations mandated by the Dodd-Frank Act. These additional burdens being placed on financial institutions make it very difficult for them to extend the credit essential to create jobs and jumpstart our economy. Fewer loans to small businesses mean fewer jobs.

Oversight & Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA): “President Obama and the Democratic-led Senate should take action on House Republican's job creation agenda. Pursuing more job killing regulations like the energy production permitoriums in the Gulf of Mexico and Appalachia or the action against Boeing's new workers in South Carolina is a recipe for more stagnation.”

House Committee Chairs Push GOP Jobs Bills Awaiting Senate Action | Speaker of the House John Boehner | speaker.gov

Republicans care more about supporting the wealthy than creating jobs. If only they could see that the two are not mutually exclusive????????

Republicans pass bill titled "Mom and Apple Pie". It reduces corporate taxes by 50% and puts a moratorium on all government regulations.

In support of this legislation Mitch McConnell suggests that moms are slackers and need to get out of the kitchen and get a job!

I'm not going to judge them until they have the white house to help them along with passing some bills to alleviate regulation that are keeping jobs from being created. Right now they have a Marxist in the white house and a bunch of communists in the senate, there is no way for them to do anything to help the economy along so it would not be fair to grade them yet.

I'm not going to judge them until they have the white house to help them along with passing some bills to alleviate regulation that are keeping jobs from being created. Right now they have a Marxist in the white house and a bunch of communists in the senate, there is no way for them to do anything to help the economy along so it would not be fair to grade them yet.

The GOP hasn't done squat in the Congress except pass social engineering bills which have NOTHING to do with jobs.

Wanna try that again?

Your right. All the lefties on this board seem to forget that The GOP only controls the House. Anything sent from the house to the Senate has to be debated and voted on. Kinda hard to do that when Reid just tables em and declares anythng the House sends over as DOA.

Republicans pass bill titled "Mom and Apple Pie". It reduces corporate taxes by 50% and puts a moratorium on all government regulations.

In support of this legislation Mitch McConnell suggests that moms are slackers and need to get out of the kitchen and get a job!

Can you contribute a link the discloses the full discussion surrounding the Mitch McConnell comment?

The GOP hasn't done squat in the Congress except pass social engineering bills which have NOTHING to do with jobs.

Wanna try that again?

The nation has to face facts, the Democrats are simply out of ideas. As part of Obama's "Green Jobs inititive", Democrats are now recycling the same old failed stimulus bill and calling it the American Jobs Act.

Not until we have someone in the White House who has a "clue" how he / she may turn this country around, do we have a chance at seeing this unemployment rate drop.

Last edited:

Can you contribute a link the discloses the full discussion surrounding the Mitch McConnell comment?

Ya...sure...I'll get right on that. :eusa_whistle:

Okay. I thought you were joking, he thought you were serious. Which of us is correct, sir.

Okay. I thought you were joking, he thought you were serious. Which of us is correct, sir.

A gold star for you Miss Boop! There is no such legislation as "Mom and Apple Pie". But..if there was it would be an effort of the GOP house leadership to further reduce corporate taxes and abolish all regulation.

Wanna try that again?

The nation has to face facts, the Democrats are simply out of ideas. As part of Obama's "Green Jobs inititive", Democrats are now recycling the same old failed stimulus bill and calling it the American Jobs Act.

Not until we have someone in the White House who has a "clue" how he / she may turn this country around, do we have a chance at seeing this unemployment rate drop.

Actually, the problem is that the GOP is so rabidly anti-Obama (and have been since day 1), they will ALWAYS go for the opposite view, even if it is one they staunchly supported just 6 months prior.

Forum List

Back