Microsoft® Windows® users are being advised to uninstall Apple® QuickTime as soon as possible

When Apple products break and you have to have "Genius" fix it. You need an appointment to do so. And their product life is only a couple of years, as opposed to MS XP which I loved and would still use if it had been killed off.
Macs and PC use the same hardware, which is why you can make a "Hackentosh" by installing the Mac OS on a PC with the right hardware. I'm using an HP Elitebook with the Mac OS right now, and my desktop Mac at home is a 2008 Mac Pro with 8 cores that still runs the current Mac OS as well as any MS or Linux distro. So the Mac's product life is just as long, if not longer, and is as easy to fix as any PC.
Why use a hackintosh? The prime draw to apple products is that they are reliable and that is based almost entirely on the fact that they do not have to deal with the same breadth of hardware and software that windows does. That is why apple controls the hardware that goes into their machines - it allows them to ensure grater stability and fewer problems.
That control went away maybe a decade ago and it's not that Apple machines were technically better than PCs if one looks at the percentages and not just the numbers. Today even some Mac addicts are complaining about Apple's more recent OS releases.
When I was using Linux with the Gnome 2 I never had problems, ever, when Linux moved to Gnome 3 I started seeing minor driver issues, with the latest LTS releases I started to experience freeze ups and other more irritating problems.
My point is not to dis or promote one over the other but to show that all systems can and do experience problems.

When Apple products break and you have to have "Genius" fix it. You need an appointment to do so. And their product life is only a couple of years, as opposed to MS XP which I loved and would still use if it had been killed off.
Macs and PC use the same hardware, which is why you can make a "Hackentosh" by installing the Mac OS on a PC with the right hardware. I'm using an HP Elitebook with the Mac OS right now, and my desktop Mac at home is a 2008 Mac Pro with 8 cores that still runs the current Mac OS as well as any MS or Linux distro. So the Mac's product life is just as long, if not longer, and is as easy to fix as any PC.
Why use a hackintosh? The prime draw to apple products is that they are reliable and that is based almost entirely on the fact that they do not have to deal with the same breadth of hardware and software that windows does. That is why apple controls the hardware that goes into their machines - it allows them to ensure grater stability and fewer problems.
The main reason is to save money.
But it is still the same PC hardware. Of course, you must use the Apple approved PC hardware that Apple uses to build their Macs, but there are sites that list the motherboards, processors, graphics cards, wifi/bluetooth cards, etc., that will work.
Where it gets tricky is with laptops, you don't get to build them from scratch like a desktop. Usually only the business grade laptops will work, like the HP ProBook and EliteBook lines. My EliteBook Hackintosh is stable with no problems and I've been using it for over 2 years so far. I bought it used for under $100, it has a quad core i5 2.59 ghz processor. You can't get a used MacBook Pro with the same processor for anything even close to that price.

Last edited:
Of course Quicktime died but I guess you haven't noticed that Microshit has updates WEEKLY due to SECURITY Issues.
Maybe if they paid their Indian more than $1.00/day they wouldn't insert so much code that allows information to be stolen.
Of course you could be asked to prove your India claim.

Easy...watch any Microsoft Keynote speech anywhere on the Internet.
If they were competent, they'd create a stable OS and other software products.
MS has become a joke.

Heck, even Indian business people admit their fellow country developers suck...
By Me Yesterday: ‘Flush Indian Startups Face Shortage of Skilled Workers’
MS a Joke?

Operating system market share

If you call almost 90% market share on desktop machines a joke...

MS is far from a joke - they are still, by a massive margin, the most used interface out there. The only place they really have screwed up is on the mobile market where they are struggling with just under 5%

Operating system market share

Tell me, what shows were dominating the Top 10 in the 70s and 80s and then tell me that "Majority" usage reflects quality.
'Quality' is a subjective term. Just because you don't like those shows does not mean they were not good shows - the majority of people obviously thought they were. Further, quality is not to goal there - viewership is - and that is what those top 10 would have been good at.

Lastly, my post that you responded to did not mention quality, does not comment on quality and had nothing to do with quality at all. Not only was that a straw man but rather poor one at that.
MS has not evolved beyond meeting Stock Holder quarterly expectations.

But it is still the same PC hardware. Of course, you must use the Apple approved PC hardware that Apple uses to build their Macs, but there are sites that list the motherboards, processors, graphics cards, wifi/bluetooth cards, etc., that will work.
Where it gets tricky is with laptops, you don't get to build them from scratch like a desktop. Usually only the business grade laptops will work, like the HP ProBook and EliteBook lines. My EliteBook Hackintosh is stable with no problems and I've been using it for over 2 years so far. I bought it used for under $100, it has a quad core i5 2.59 ghz processor. You can't get a used MacBook Pro with the same processor for anything even close to that price.
So you are essentially using a hackintosh that has the same hardware that apple has approved. Interesting.

I do not like the OS to begin with so I have never really been that interested in making it work on a cheaper build but that seems like a reasonable way to get around the higher prices that Apple tends to command.

That control went away maybe a decade ago and it's not that Apple machines were technically better than PCs if one looks at the percentages and not just the numbers. Today even some Mac addicts are complaining about Apple's more recent OS releases.
When I was using Linux with the Gnome 2 I never had problems, ever, when Linux moved to Gnome 3 I started seeing minor driver issues, with the latest LTS releases I started to experience freeze ups and other more irritating problems.
My point is not to dis or promote one over the other but to show that all systems can and do experience problems.
All systems have problems - that is a fact but Apple still controls what is officially allowed into their machines. That has never changed. What changed was the fact that apple used to have proprietary hardware under the hood. They just could not keep up with chip design and software design at the same time.

So you are essentially using a hackintosh that has the same hardware that apple has approved. Interesting.

I do not like the OS to begin with so I have never really been that interested in making it work on a cheaper build but that seems like a reasonable way to get around the higher prices that Apple tends to command.
That's right, Apple has white listed certain PC hardware components to work with OS X.

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide May 2016 | tonymacx86.com

All systems have problems - that is a fact but Apple still controls what is officially allowed into their machines. That has never changed. What changed was the fact that apple used to have proprietary hardware under the hood. They just could not keep up with chip design and software design at the same time.
Actually it was Motorola who could not keep up with Apple's demand for their PPC chip and Intel said they could. The PPC chip was superior to Intel's chip and the last PPC Macs were faster than the new Intel Macs for a couple of years.

Forum List

Back