Microsoft & Security Advisories

Gatekeeper

Nov 11, 2009
New Jersey
Here's a suggestion for Microsoft, why not have a scrolling message every time you open up Internet Explorer, and for that matter, for any Microsoft OS. Seems they, to the best of my knowledge,I don't think they have produced anything without problems, then in some cases, along with these advisories, charge the consumer for technical assistance!
Scrolling Message
"Caution use of these programs can be hazardous to your computers health"

Microsoft Issues Security Advisory on IE Vulnerability - PC World

I am thinking if the security of the United States is depending on Microsoft products.........:eek:

GR8 video and so true. When it comes to sales of products or merchandise, tell'em anything, just get'em to BUY. :lol:

Its a damn shame MS has such a hold on the computer world, they suck to deal with.

They don't even have 24 hour support help, and you get routed to indian to people who have no idea what you are saying let alone helping you fix what is wrong.

Meh ... anyone willing to use an OS which there is no real community other than fanbois and doesn't offer great CS deserves what they get. ;)

Go Linux or Apple, you get a coder community with Linux and excellent CS with Apple.

You DO realize that Apple and Linux both have just as many fanboys and fangirls as Microsoft, right? And in my experience, they are more of the "foaming at the mouth" type than Microsoft users. Microsoft users typically consists of average people who don't know or care about computers, they just use them when they have to. The nerd rage comes from the other side of the aisle, from people such as yourself.

You DO realize that Apple and Linux both have just as many fanboys and fangirls as Microsoft, right? And in my experience, they are more of the "foaming at the mouth" type than Microsoft users. Microsoft users typically consists of average people who don't know or care about computers, they just use them when they have to. The nerd rage comes from the other side of the aisle, from people such as yourself.

Truth.

People use Microsoft because it's easy to learn. A lot of people don't have time to learn Apple or Linux. And some people just prefer a simple thing like MS.

I've been using MS products for seven years now, and I have never had a problem with their products. Sure, MS word could use some improvement (least the new version) but it's not horrible by any means.

You should see the nerd range INSIDE the various Linux communities. I get really annoyed when a Debian promoter wants to piss over Ubuntu because it's easier to use than Debian (oh the horror!). And don't get me started on those Gentoo freaks. I reckon they're robots masquerading as humans.

Last edited:
I've been using MS products for seven years now, and I have never had a problem with their products.

In my experience, computer problems are almost always user error. The same users would have the same problems with other OS's, especially Linux, which is not designed for your average user.

You should see the nerd range INSIDE the various Linux communities. I get really annoyed when a Debian promoter wants to piss over Ubuntu because it's easier to use than Debian (oh the horror!). And don't get me started on those Gentoo freaks. I reckon they're robots masquerading as humans.

Don't even have to go that far, you can see it here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/compu...-live-accounts-death-threats-in-reaction.html

:eusa_whistle:

Rage against the MS.

In my experience, computer problems are almost always user error. The same users would have the same problems with other OS's, especially Linux, which is not designed for your average user.

Exactly. (The following doesn't apply to you Jon.) Say what you want about Microsoft, they have a product out there that millions of people have been able to use where otherwise they would have trouble or be unable to.

I'd still be using it if I hadn't fallen foul of their activation scheme. I bought my software shrink wrapped from a store, I don't need anyone giving me the third degree because I had to reinstall the os several times. Pique is a powerful motivator.

yea right. People are loving Win 7. Hell, I installed mine and it's been nothing but butter.

Windows Media Center is the goods. ubuntu zombies gnash their teeth at another year of failure.

yea right. People are loving Win 7. Hell, I installed mine and it's been nothing but butter.

Windows Media Center is the goods. ubuntu zombies gnash their teeth at another year of failure.

Sure ... you just ignore the reports and begging for help with it so you can remain in your dreamland. :cuckoo:

Hey, I haven't had ONE problem thus far. And, to be honest, we both know how public reaction to win7 is going to keep your kind underground and hiding in your dark basements for another business year. We'll get service packs.... while you diddle with the next laughable distro du jour.

Hey, I haven't had ONE problem thus far. And, to be honest, we both know how public reaction to win7 is going to keep your kind underground and hiding in your dark basements for another business year. We'll get service packs.... while you diddle with the next laughable distro du jour.

Meh ... you are neither a programmer or engineer ... your word on computers means zilch.

Not really eltist.

It's a bit like driving a car. You can report on the experience without having to know how it all works under the bonnet/hood/engine compartment access flap.

I use Linux, I can report on the experience, I do not have one clue about how it works. Someone with a deeper understanding of the mechanism is obviously more knowledgeable than me. That's not elitist.

Forum List

Back