Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
Last edited:
Watch out for update KB2976978...
eek.gif

Microsoft Explains How Windows 7 and 8.1 Will Get Cumulative Updates
Oct 10, 2016 - Servicing changes taking place on this month’s Patch Tuesday
Microsoft will make substantial changes to the way it delivers updates to Windows 7 and 8.1 computers tomorrow when it starts the rollout of this month’s Patch Tuesday, switching to a new servicing model that’s inspired by Windows 10. Specifically, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 will start getting rollup updates every month, which are supposed to make it easier for users and IT admins to install them on Patch Tuesdays.

Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 computers will get a security-only quality update every month, and this will be published as “Security Update” with a unique KB number. Additionally, there’ll be a security monthly quality rollup which is more of a monthly rollup containing all security fixes needed to bring a computer fully up to date. “This will be published to Windows Update (where all consumer PCs will install it), WSUS, and the Windows Update Catalog. The initial monthly rollup released in October will only have new security updates from October, as well as the non-security updates from September,” Microsoft says.

"Non-security fixes"

And last but not least, there’ll be a third update that will include non-security fixes and which will be rolled on the third Tuesday of the month - this means that you’ll get it a week after Patch Tuesday. “An additional monthly rollup containing a preview of new non-security fixes that will be included in the next monthly rollup, as well as fixes from all previous monthly rollup. This can also be called the ‘preview rollup,’” Microsoft explained.

This third update will transition to a cumulative update with every new month, as older fixes will be added to the archive when newer ones become available. This means that installing the latest version always brings your computer fully up-to-date. All these changes take place this month, and IT admins are strongly recommended to read all the changes happening to Windows 7 and 8.1 PCs, especially if they have systems running these OS versions in their networks. All changes are included in the box after the jump.

Microsoft Explains How Windows 7 and 8.1 Will Get Cumulative Updates

Why don't they just update XP every three years and put a date on it.

XP 2017
XP 2020

That is the best version of Windows by far, update it to work with all modern devices and stop putting out all this other crap.

Good News:
Microsoft has published an update pack for Windows 7 that includes all updates since 2011. Other systems are supposed to get this "convenience rollup update" later.

Microsoft issues cumulative roll-up pack for Windows 7

Note: The article´s author seems to be a militant anti Microsoft activist. This is why half the of article consists of whining and moaning.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3125574
Interesting, saw no whining or moaning....... Guess any negative (perceived or otherwise) is a whine and moan to a Microsoft bot. :dunno:

Good News:
Microsoft has published an update pack for Windows 7 that includes all updates since 2011. Other systems are supposed to get this "convenience rollup update" later.

Microsoft issues cumulative roll-up pack for Windows 7

Note: The article´s author seems to be a militant anti Microsoft activist. This is why half the of article consists of whining and moaning.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3125574

I don't see any whining and moaning???
Basically pointing out that M$ rather than going the usual, and easier, update method - they are requiring users to use up-to-date IE, and not allowing other popular browsers. Also listing options that are available in most updates are not available in this one.
If you call that whining....well...

It is. You are going to download this update once, no matter where and how often you want to apply it. And when you go for the normal update method you don´t need this update!

It is. You are going to download this update once, no matter where and how often you want to apply it. And when you go for the normal update method you don´t need this update!

And does that make the guy a militant anti-Microsoft activist? .. :lmao:
Apparently. People who would not surrender before his whine would read then:

""Mercer said that Microsoft would rework the Update Catalog so that customers could use browsers other than IE to access the roll-ups and other fixes. "Later this summer, we will be updating the site to eliminate the ActiveX control in order to support other browsers," he said.

""Mercer said that Microsoft would rework the Update Catalog so that customers could use browsers other than IE to access the roll-ups and other fixes. "Later this summer, we will be updating the site to eliminate the ActiveX control in order to support other browsers," he said.
Did you make that up as I didn't see that in the article or did you assume everyone would just take your word for it? :dunno:

Did you make that up as I didn't see that in the article or did you assume everyone would just take your word for it? :dunno:
Yeah, I made this up...

s5pcv2fu.jpg

Yeah, I made this up...

s5pcv2fu.jpg
Okay I missed it. Still doesn't back up your claim that the guy is an anti-Microsoft activist in fact by putting that in it refutes your claim. Was it because the author wasn't laid out prostrate worshiping Microsoft and singing nothing but praises and adulation? :dunno:

Yeah, I made this up...

s5pcv2fu.jpg
Okay I missed it. Still doesn't back up your claim that the guy is an anti-Microsoft activist in fact by putting that in it refutes your claim. Was it because the author wasn't laid out prostrate worshiping Microsoft and singing nothing but praises and adulation? :dunno:
A normal author would say: Oh, cool a cumulative update and not start with whining about the way it is distributed.

Yeah, I made this up...

s5pcv2fu.jpg
A normal author would say: Oh, cool a cumulative update and not start with whining about the way it is distributed.
Sooooo, by normal you actually mean someone who thinks like you and glorifies M$...... Got it. :thup:

Yeah, I made this up...

s5pcv2fu.jpg
Sooooo, by normal you actually mean someone who thinks like you and glorifies M$...... Got it. :thup:
What I mean is that the personal opinion of the author is over present in the article.

Yeah, I made this up...

s5pcv2fu.jpg
What I mean is that the personal opinion of the author is over present in the article.
Of course your personal opinion is completely objective........ :rolleyes:

Yeah, I made this up...

s5pcv2fu.jpg
Didn´t claim that and also don´t write articles for established magazines.

Missed the point...... :eusa_whistle:

What point??

What point??
Can't or won't see it? Either is appropriately human....... :eusa_whistle:

What point??
Can't or won't see it? Either is appropriately human....... :eusa_whistle:
If you refuse to specify your point one might have the idea it doesn´t exist :popcorn:

Forum List

Back