Mickey Mouse registered to vote in Florida

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Why Mickey Mouse's vote for the Democrats could rebound on Obama's chances of becoming U.S. president | Mail Online

Barack Obama is facing demands for an investigation into alleged links to a Left-wing group accused of creating bogus voters to boost his chances of becoming U.S. president.

The scandal involving tens of thousands of fake registrations across the U.S. has led to eight states launching criminal probes into the Association of Community Organisations for Reform Now (Acorn).

It claims to have signed up 1.3million poor and working-class voters in a mass registration in 18 states this year.

But it has been accused of trying to register a voter named Mickey Mouse in Orlando, Florida, and enrolling a 19-year-old to vote 73 times in Ohio.

Why Mickey Mouse's vote for the Democrats could rebound on Obama's chances of becoming U.S. president | Mail Online

Barack Obama is facing demands for an investigation into alleged links to a Left-wing group accused of creating bogus voters to boost his chances of becoming U.S. president.

The scandal involving tens of thousands of fake registrations across the U.S. has led to eight states launching criminal probes into the Association of Community Organisations for Reform Now (Acorn).

It claims to have signed up 1.3million poor and working-class voters in a mass registration in 18 states this year.

But it has been accused of trying to register a voter named Mickey Mouse in Orlando, Florida, and enrolling a 19-year-old to vote 73 times in Ohio.

Already been posted and discussed mr, "ill pray for you." And by the way, don't pray for me cause any God that listens to you I want no part of

Well this will surely throw the election. I mean when Mickey Mouse shows up to the polls to vote, now they might let him. :eusa_hand:

Sad isn't it... With liberals it's all about gaining power... Very sad...

Do you really think the people who used fake names are going to vote? D'uh...

Pure deflection from real issues like taking legitimate voters off of the voter lists.

Ya, that is logic for ya. They registered thousands of people that either are dead, never existed or are multiple registrations JUST so they could say we registered more people. No intent ever to actually USE those new registrations to cast votes.

Yes... I do think there are plenty of people with enough of a political agenda to use false names in order to vote more than once.... do you think that if they are going to vote more than once, they are going to use their same real name over and over? :rolleyes:

It is not pure deflection because voter registration fraud is a pretty big thing...

And taking 'legit' voters off the lists?? PUH-LEASE... more like ensuring that ones on the list are INDEED legit voters

hey now...people have changed their names to stranger things... Mickey Mouse COULD be someone's name :lol:

just kidding of course

jillian is right...this is just pure deflection on the part of the cons who want to use this as an excuse to remove legit voters from the rolls.

If Mickey showed up to vote then that would be a problem.

hey now...people have changed their names to stranger things... Mickey Mouse COULD be someone's name :lol:

just kidding of course

jillian is right...this is just pure deflection on the part of the cons who want to use this as an excuse to remove legit voters from the rolls.

The deflection is you all claiming there is no attempt to register THOUSANDS of fake people just to register them and never would anyone use those registrations to vote.

This miniscule amount of a bad forms will in no way denigrate the overwhelming amount of new voters... I fully expect a landslide here... well not here, as in here.. cause SC is the political armpit of the free world..

The deflection is you all claiming there is no attempt to register THOUSANDS of fake people just to register them and never would anyone use those registrations to vote.

no, I agree there have been thousands of fake registrations filed. I think those who did this should be prosecuted criminally. But ask yourself this, who exactly is supposed to show up if these forms were filled out by the same people? if one person filled out hundreds of forms, signed them, came up with the information, etc. WHO is supposed to show up to vote? Would that person spend the entire election day traveling the state voting in separate polling places endlessly? really? c'mon use some common sense.

How many fake people vote? there must be data compiled to tell us would you think? I mean if the problem is that widespread.

Voter fraud is Voter fraud if it is done in the process of filling out improper applications or if it is in the process of supressing legitimate voters. Both of these are frauds. to simply dismiss one as being less than the other does not make it any less a crime. It hurts ever American when a person or group sets out to steal someones vote, be it in the application process or in the voting process itself, all of us are hurt by these criminal acts.

Occam's razor
a principle named after William of Occam, a 14th century philosopher. The generalization states that, if there are a number of explanations for observed phenomena, the simplest explanation is preferred. Called also scientific parsimony.

So let's take the reason why someone would fill out thousands and thousands of improper voter registration applications. 1. If a small percentage leak through the system and are able to vote then the person(s) that have done this have influenced the election 2. The person(s) that are hired to fill out the applications are doing so just to get paid, i.e whatever that may be. 3. A combination of 1 and 2.

IMO, It seems to be a combination of the two, you may have people that have an agenda in all this and it is a matter of taking responsibility. It is actually quite simple to me in the ACORN situation, if a companies employee's cause harm then what responsibility does the company have in their actions while they are performing the duties the company has given them? Take for example an airline pilot who has a little too much to drink and prior to takeoff is found to be drunk, then I am sure from a a legal standpoint the airline in question is going to find themselves in a courtroom at one time or the other because of the actions of their employee.

Now as for the a person who is poor or homeless, IMO, it is a matter of them being taken advantage of by some rather laze employee's. When a person comes along offering them all kinds of incentives to fill out these applications then of course they are going to do it to realize these incentives.

When a group targets a group based on race, or living conditions, etc. and makes it harder for them to access and exercise their right to vote then they ar eno different than the people that are offering bribes to the poor to influence the vote. In the end both these groups are in some small way trying to influence the vote and the people stuck in the middle are Americans and when they cannot vote we all lose.

just kidding of course

I think it's both: a deflection by the cons and a legitimate problem.

From all reports, ACORN cooperates with the investigations and in fact turns in employees it catches falsifying registrations.

From what I understand, ACORN is required by law to turn in every registration they receive.

From what I understand, the counties are responsible for verifying the registrations and for the most part they do this successfully.

So the question becomes, do we disenfranchise legitimate voters because there may be a handful of illegitimate voters? In other words, punish the innocent to protect us from the guilty?

I vote no.

Yes... I do think there are plenty of people with enough of a political agenda to use false names in order to vote more than once.... do you think that if they are going to vote more than once, they are going to use their same real name over and over? :rolleyes:

It is not pure deflection because voter registration fraud is a pretty big thing...

And taking 'legit' voters off the lists?? PUH-LEASE... more like ensuring that ones on the list are INDEED legit voters

If they are going to use a fake name, it probably will be something just a wee bit less conspicuous than "mickey mouse".

If they are going to use a fake name, it probably will be something just a wee bit less conspicuous than "mickey mouse".

When you have overwhelmed election officials who cannot over see it all.. they will use the brute force attack theme... even if some stupid names like Mickey Mouse or Iron Man are used... some will indeed slip thru the cracks

That may be so, but we know Mickey won't be allowed to vote in Florida because he's too black.

When you have overwhelmed election officials who cannot over see it all.. they will use the brute force attack theme... even if some stupid names like Mickey Mouse or Iron Man are used... some will indeed slip thru the cracks
So you think all those old timers that work at the polls are idiots do you?

Forum List

Back