Mickelson out at Masters

He said nothing that wasn't true. But there are literally millions of dollars put forth by a multitude of corporate sponsors for these events. In addition to all the money that goes to charity. So for someone to come along and talk up a competitor golf league is akin to being Judas. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. If you really believe that, shut your mouth and walk away. Vote with your feet. Don't fuck it up for everyone else. I've always liked Mickelson, but there's always something slightly reckless about a go-for-broke gambler. It can come up a win most of the time. But when it goes bad..it goes really bad.

Guys should protest and go on strike.. make the corps eat it

He said nothing that wasn't true. But there are literally millions of dollars put forth by a multitude of corporate sponsors for these events. In addition to all the money that goes to charity. So for someone to come along and talk up a competitor golf league is akin to being Judas. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. If you really believe that, shut your mouth and walk away. Vote with your feet. Don't fuck it up for everyone else. I've always liked Mickelson, but there's always something slightly reckless about a go-for-broke gambler. It can come up a win most of the time. But when it goes bad..it goes really bad.
I also have always liked Phil. This leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. It is akin to ignoring a murdering regime for the sake of the all mighty dollar. I can understand AN being pissed about his words...but it still leaves a bad taste.

I an see MBS smiling now....

I don't get it? What did he say that was not true?

What country you live in? In America we like being lied to; esp. women! This fool has lots $$$$! I don't understand why he wants to sabotage everything he has now late in his career? It makes no sense! :eek: :rolleyes:

What country you live in? In America we like being lied to; esp. women! This fool has lots $$$$! I don't understand why he wants to sabotage everything he has now late in his career? It makes no sense! :eek: :rolleyes:
Mick is an asshole. Always has been. Great golfer though.

Right....he spoke a few words of truth. Now he must be punished!

Right....he spoke a few words of truth. Now he must be punished!
Apparently Mick isn’t well liked on the tour.

That shot he made at the Masters off the pine straw to win his first Master’s, has to be included as one of the greatest of all time. Up there with Bubba’s shot in OT to win.
1648041560655.jpeg

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to be invited to the 2002 Masters, which Tiger ran away with on Sunday. Mick fall apart as he often did, early in his career.

I was first at the rope line at 17 tee, when Tiger teed off. Unbelievably impressive how hard he swung.

As a golfer myself, I have always enjoyed the way Mickelson approached the game. He always goes for the most dramatic, most daring shot, even when missing it can cost him a tournament. The worst thing about golf is when you see someone who has a five stroke lead on Sunday morning just go out and try to shoot a 72 to hold on and win. Phil don't do that.

Personally, he speaks his mind and occasionally says things that are impolitic. He threatened to move out of California to get away from the onerous personal income tax - pretty lame coming from someone making $50 million a year. But so what? That's his opinion and his right.

The Saudi-backed professional league is an idea about which reasonable people can differ. Only in the "woke" media is every prominent person liable for any nefarious deed done by anyone associated with a prospective venture. It's a golf league, not a fundraiser for the Saudi Secret Police, for Christ sake. Why the fuck would Phil give a shit about political matters in the sponsoring country? If they thought they could get away with it, the SJW's would cancel people for standing up for the National Anthem, since the U.S. is such a detestable, racist country.

Fuck 'em.

Phil bowed out because he didn't want the Media circus to detract from the event. Good for him. He did the right thing.

As a golfer myself, I have always enjoyed the way Mickelson approached the game. He always goes for the most dramatic, most daring shot, even when missing it can cost him a tournament. The worst thing about golf is when you see someone who has a five stroke lead on Sunday morning just go out and try to shoot a 72 to hold on and win. Phil don't do that.

Personally, he speaks his mind and occasionally says things that are impolitic. He threatened to move out of California to get away from the onerous personal income tax - pretty lame coming from someone making $50 million a year. But so what? That's his opinion and his right.

The Saudi-backed professional league is an idea about which reasonable people can differ. Only in the "woke" media is every prominent person liable for any nefarious deed done by anyone associated with a prospective venture. It's a golf league, not a fundraiser for the Saudi Secret Police, for Christ sake. Why the fuck would Phil give a shit about political matters in the sponsoring country? If they thought they could get away with it, the SJW's would cancel people for standing up for the National Anthem, since the U.S. is such a detestable, racist country.

Fuck 'em.

Phil bowed out because he didn't want the Media circus to detract from the event. Good for him. He did the right thing.
It doesn’t appear he decided not to attend. He apparently was told not to come. Very unusual for a past Masters champion.
Mickelson 'Either Told Or Strongly Encouraged Not To Come' By Augusta National

This comedy/news show on HBO did a piece on how "exclusive" the Master's is. The Master's is basically for the richest people in the world. Who's a member at that golf course? No one knows. Certainly not Tiger Woods if you know what I mean.

There was this announcer once that said something a little funny about the green and a bikini wax and he never announced the Master's again.

I think only Jack Nickolus and Arnold Palmer are members. So there are a few people we know are members but they will never give their list of who's a member. I'm fascinated by this.

The year after Tiger owned the course, they "Tiger Proofed" it.

They said Phil will never be invited back to the Masters.

The rich elites are part of our cancel culture apparently.

Cancel culture or call-out culture is a contemporary phrase used to refer to a form of ostracism in which someone is thrust out of social or professional circles – whether it be online, on social media, or in person.[1] Those subject to this ostracism are said to have been "cancelled".[2][a][5] The expression "cancel culture" has mostly negative connotations and is used in debates on free speech and censorship.[6][7]

Forum List

Back