Mickelson At The L.A. Open

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
Well, Mickelson slops his way into the final round of the L.A. Open at seven under on the basis of sheer luck. THREE TIMES he drove deep in the trees, and ALL THREE TIMES, his ball wound up either on the fairway (ricochet bounce) or in the light cut of rough. In all three cases, he had a clear shot to the green. He didn't bogey any of these three holes. He SHOULD have bogied ALL of them.

I'm not buying Mickelson yet. I know he won at Pebble last week and I know he's winning at the L.A. Open this weekend - but outside of that, he has been doing nothing but stinking up the place for the better part of last year and the start of the 2012 season. Phil-The-Thrill not only sprays his drives all over the course, more importantly, he CAN'T PUTT ANY MORE.

I hope he doesn't win. He doesn't deserve to.

Well, Mickelson slops his way into the final round of the L.A. Open at seven under on the basis of sheer luck. THREE TIMES he drove deep in the trees, and ALL THREE TIMES, his ball wound up either on the fairway (ricochet bounce) or in the light cut of rough. In all three cases, he had a clear shot to the green. He didn't bogey any of these three holes. He SHOULD have bogied ALL of them.

I'm not buying Mickelson yet. I know he won at Pebble last week and I know he's winning at the L.A. Open this weekend - but outside of that, he has been doing nothing but stinking up the place for the better part of last year and the start of the 2012 season. Phil-The-Thrill not only sprays his drives all over the course, more importantly, he CAN'T PUTT ANY MORE.

I hope he doesn't win. He doesn't deserve to.

While I agree with you, Mickelson's strongest part of his game has always been his approach. Nobody can chip to the green like him. His driving has always been that inaccurate, and yet he's still arguably the most dominate golfer of the past tens years not named Woods.

The guy has 4 majors, and had a rocky season last year. (he did have a few good showings)...not sure if that's enough to count the guy out just yet though.

Forum List

Back