Michigan, the Final Straw...

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
I woke up this morning, feeling even worse about what is going on in my country regarding the votes of the people, than I did after the Bush v. Gore fiasco was over....though Bush v. Gore is close. I feel this way because it was MY PARTY that was causing the Fiasco and CHANGING THE RULES MIDSTREAM THEMSELVES.

I am not sure if you guys are aware that the uncommitted vote, in the Michigan Primary was governed by certain Michigan Primary Rules, put in place before their primary began.

Each Candidate, was aware of those rules and sent a copy of those rules when they were made.

Here is the Cover letter and News release that the Democratic party sent out to their members:

News from
THE MICHIGAN DEMOCRATIC PARTY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
517-371-5410
December 10, 2007

MDP Releases Voter Guide To Help Voters Understand Presidential Primary

LANSING – Today the Michigan Democratic Party released a voter guide to help voters understand the January 15, 2008 Democratic Presidential Primary.

“We want every eligible Democratic voter in Michigan to vote in the January 15, 2008 Democratic Presidential Primary,” said MDP Chair Mark Brewer. “This guide gives voters the details of the Primary and all of their voting rights so that every Michigan Democrat can participate in helping choose the 2008 Democratic presidential candidate. The guide is available on our website and we encourage voters to circulate it.”

Read the guide on the Internet here>
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________
Voter Guide On The January 15, 2008
Michigan Democratic Presidential Primary

1. Voters will vote at their regular polling places between 7 A.M. and 8 P.M.

2. Voters can vote by absentee ballot if they meet one of the requirements – out of town, age 60 or older, disability, etc.

3. The deadline to register to vote is 30 days before January 15, 2008 or December 17, 2007.

4. In order to vote at a polling place, a voter must show a photo ID or sign a statement that they do not have a photo ID with them. Absentee voters do not have to produce a photo ID.

5. Voters will be asked whether they want a Democratic or Republican ballot, and a record will be made of which ballot they take.

6. The voter’s choice of candidate will be secret as in all public elections.

7. The Democratic ballot will have 6 choices:
Hillary Clinton
Christopher Dodd
Mike Gravel
Dennis Kucinich
Uncommitted
Write-in

8. A vote for “uncommitted” is a vote to send delegates to the Democratic National Convention who are not committed or pledged to any candidate. Those delegates can vote for any candidate they choose at the Convention.

9. Supporters of Joe Biden, John Edwards, Barack Obama and Bill Richardson are urged to vote “uncommitted” instead of writing in their candidates’ names because write-in votes for those candidates will not be counted.

###
Paid for by the Michigan Democratic State Central Committee, 606 Townsend St., Lansing, MI 48933. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.

So then i read that not Only did Obama CHOOSE to take his name off the ballot volluntarily but he didn't even fill out the application for him to be eligible for COMMITTED delegates to himself, via a write in vote. (This WAS ALL a CALCULATED POLITICAL DECISION on the Obama camp's part)

WOODTV.com & WOOD TV8: Grand Rapids news, weather, sports and video | No Democratic candidates file paperwork to accept write-in votes

And then I read that Obama is in one of the Early states that he made a pledge to, Iowa, out there campaigning that he was 'On their side, with banning Michigan, he even withdrew his name for them, because they are the citizens that deserve the elitist right to choose our president' paraphrased.

Then I read article after article and blog after blog on bashing Hillary for NOT removing her name.. Obamaites sent in to Petition and Contest the results of the fricking primary that Obama chose to pull his name off of in April, that Hillary violated rules for having campaign fund raisers and for not pulling her name off the ballot...yes a Legal meneuver alla Bush....

9. Petitioners assert that the Reg. 3.4.C time for filing does not begin running until
the list of selected delegates is published. In any case, the petition will be filed
prior to the final action of the Michigan Democratic Party on May 17, 2008.
10. Petitioners allege the pledged delegates and alternates do not fairly reflect the
expressed presidential preferences of convention participants on April 19, 2008.
11. Petitioners allege the unpledged and pledged party leaders and elected official
(PLEO) delegates did not abide by approved DNC Rules, resulting in the
unsanctioned presidential primary. Their actions have injured petitioners.
12. Petitioners allege the PLEO delegates are not selected by approved DNC Rules,
specifically Rules 9.C and 9.D. This action will injure petitioners.
13. Petitioners allege the Clinton campaign failed to abide by approved DNC Rules,
specifically Rule 20.C(1)(b). Their actions have injured petitioners.
--------------------------------------

But the votes went to certification by their Secretary of state and went on to the DNC by the May 17th RULE cut off date...

Official count:

2008 Official Michigan Presidential Primary Election Results - President of the United States 4 Year Term (1) Position

NOW, going back to what Michigan Democratic Party has in their rules and the DNC ALSO has in their rules on Uncommitted Votes:

8. A vote for “uncommitted” is a vote to send delegates to the Democratic National Convention who are not committed or pledged to any candidate. Those delegates can vote for any candidate they choose at the Convention.

The Rules and Bylaws committee yesterday, made a decision to take the Michigan State, legally Certified votes, and CHANGED THIS RULE on Uncommitted Delegates that Hillary was counting on to capture more uncommitted delegates of Biden's and Edward's and others that dropped out or were left in the LEGAL COLUMN OF UNCOMMITTED VOTES, absolutely in the 11th HOUR , yesterday, which is what the Obama legal team was SHOOTING for....the disenfranchisement of legal votes and the reallocation of legal votes CASTED in the Hillary column, AND they THREW OUT the Michigan Legal Rule Governing Uncommitted votes and gave ALL OF THOSE SUPPOSEDLY UNCOMMITTED VOTES that were up for grabs legally BY THE RULES OF THEIR PRIMARY ELECTION, to COMMITTED VOTES ALL IN OBAMA'S DELEGATE COLUMN yesterday.

Then on TOP of this egrecious act and violation of their own party rules for Uncommitted votes, they took the actual votes casted in this Primary and reallocated the ACTUAL Citizen's vote based on a exit poll from oblivion which resulted in TAKING AWAY 4 actual pledged delegates that the Citizens gave to Hillary and that was certified already as Hillary's.

NOW, this was the OBAMA TEAM STABBING HILLARY IN THE BACK AND TWISTING THE KNIFE AS SAYING IT WAS A FAIR DECISION.

He could have taken the high ground and been diplomatic and given Hillary the votes that she DESERVED AND GOT THRU THE ACTUAL VOTES CASTED by individual citizens,

since he already used the male dominated DNC machine and Lawyers to finagle them in to giving HIM all of the uncommitted votes and transfering them ALL in to COMMITTED PLEDGED DELEGATES IN HIS COLUMN, after the legal certification of otherwise.... which gave him 45 pledged delegates officially added to his column OVERNIGHT, and thru BREAKING THE ACTUAL RULES OF THE DNC FOR UNCOMMITTED DELEGATES,

Taking away, the opportunity for Hillary to capture those uncommitted votes in to her column...which may NOT have been likely, HOWEVER he slapped her and her constituants in the face and thru the old boys club and his lawyers, he managed to CHANGE THE RULES and to play the System so to eliminate his Opponent thru Technicalities and thru disenfranchisement of the actual voters.

I don't KNOW WHERE the Michigan Democrats got the polls they used to actually TAKE THE VOTE OF THE CITIZEN AWAY FROM THEM and recalculate what they THINK THEY MEANT other than their vote that they casted, and then take VOTES THAT HILLARY ACTUALLY GOT and give THEM TO OBAMA.....

Breaking the fundamental Rule of the Democratic Party and Democracy in general, one man, one vote casted and that the Privacy of our vote is SACRED and ours alone to make....

Obama was polling around 22% prior to the election and Hillary 58%, Biden and Edwards were in there somewhere too.

Hillary got about 58% in the Actual Vote of the Citizen...and looking at the demographics of white verses black verses female verses male was the actual trend at the time....

REMEMBER, this was early on and a January 15th Primaryin Michigan.... before obama started the trend of winning on super tuesday, and this is when they legally had their primary...

TO COME IN NOW, and try to make it like Obama would have gotten more votes if his name was on the ballot, THAT HE CHOSE FOR POLITICAL POSTURING, taking his name off the ballot and not applying for a write in position via their laws, is changing the actual vote that the citizen's casted, on that date.

THIS IS WHAT THE OBAMA TEAM FOUGHT FOR and was holding out for...his first choice was that Michigan would not count at all...this wiping out delegates that he KNEW would go to Hillary at that time because she was polling way ahead...(the trend of his knocking out opponents thru legalities and disenfranchisement of the citizen vote)

THEN. his team wanted all of the uncommitted votes by rules and certified by law to be changed in to Pledged delegates for him...then he wanted all of the votes that were actual cast, and CHANGE THEM to favor his column again.

WELL , my dear friends, that to me is one of the MOST unethical things that a group of politicians could do, ACTUAL CHANGE THE CITIZEN'S PRIVATE VOTE, and add them to another person.

Here is polls right prior and after their primary election:

Michigan Democratic Presidential Preference

Michigan - Democrats - Exit Polls - MSNBC.com

bottom line, what happened yesterday at the DNC rules and bylaws committee was one of the SCUMMIEST, ELITIST,UNETHICAL THINGS THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN A POLITICAL PARTY OR CANDIDATE DO....

AND it undermines the fundamental basis of Democracy.

ANOTHER SOURCE: Michigan Democratic primary, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
You are pathetic.

You want to bitch about changing the rules? How about the rule that FL and MI would get NO VOTES AT THE CONVENTION? Your ok with changing that rule, but now you want to bitch, whine, and moan about how they changed the rules in Michigan?

You are pathetic.

You want to bitch about changing the rules? How about the rule that FL and MI would get NO VOTES AT THE CONVENTION? Your ok with changing that rule, but now you want to bitch, whine, and moan about how they changed the rules in Michigan?
Ding Ding Ding.... be happy that any delegates were sat. The motion that was approved was submitted by the Michigan dem party.. who would know better about how to handle this situation than the very people involved... Obama was more than generous with the resolution on both states...

Now I see a headline on cnn.com... "Angry Clinton supporters tell party leaders: 'Let's go McCain!'"

WTF.. . I only thought idiots were republican and voted for bush... silly me... I guess both parties have em...

Oh.. if your thinkin bout voting for Mac.. just remember that two more supreme court nominees takes us back to the days when coat hangers were in fashion...

"He could have taken the high ground and been diplomatic and given Hillary the votes that she DESERVED AND GOT THRU THE ACTUAL VOTES CASTED by individual citizens..."

Christ care... she is lucky to have gotten any votes out of Mich...

"...since he already used the male dominated DNC machine and Lawyers to finagle them in to giving HIM all of the uncommitted votes and transfering them ALL in to COMMITTED PLEDGED DELEGATES IN HIS COLUMN, after the legal certification of otherwise.... which gave him 45 pledged delegates officially added to his column OVERNIGHT, and thru BREAKING THE ACTUAL RULES OF THE DNC FOR UNCOMMITTED DELEGATES"

Way over that line care...

You are pathetic.

The point is, Uncommitted was a CLEAR choice for people. Many voted uncommitted for what it stood for, they don't vote Uncommitted to mean Obama.

I'd rather the votes not count at all, rather than the votes be counted differently than they were cast.

Clinton will appeal, and she should.

clinton won't appeal shit. she's been given a stage left to take and she's go lick her wounded paws until 12...

that is, unless the dem party had to bargain for her a VP spot and she makes good on that JFK reference.

I woke up this morning, feeling even worse about what is going on in my country regarding the votes of the people, than I did after the Bush v. Gore fiasco was over....though Bush v. Gore is close. I feel this way because it was MY PARTY that was causing the Fiasco and CHANGING THE RULES MIDSTREAM THEMSELVES.

Changing the rules, like counting FL and MI after they said they wouldn't? I agree. So lets not count them.

By the way. If Michigan had followed the trend of similar states something like 2 million Democrats would have voted in the primary. Instead only around 700,000 did. How do you feel about those 1.3 million who never voted because they thought their vote wouldn't count?

Or was that all "political calculations" as well?

So then i read that not Only did Obama CHOOSE to take his name off the ballot volluntarily but he didn't even fill out the application for him to be eligible for COMMITTED delegates to himself, via a write in vote. (This WAS ALL a CALCULATED POLITICAL DECISION on the Obama camp's part)

Evidence that it was a "calculated political decision".

And then I read that Obama is in one of the Early states that he made a pledge to, Iowa, out there campaigning that he was 'On their side, with banning Michigan, he even withdrew his name for them, because they are the citizens that deserve the elitist right to choose our president' paraphrased.

Well congrats on completely fucking the primary system, Care. Kudos to you and the rest of the people who got the RBC to change its mind.

Then I read article after article and blog after blog on bashing Hillary for NOT removing her name.. Obamaites sent in o Petition and Contest the results of the fricking primary that Obama chose to pull his name off of in April, that Hillary violated rules for having campaign fund ratisers and for not pulling her name off the ballot...yes a Legal meneuver alla Bush....

Legal manuevers like Hillary did in Nevada? Or was it ok for her to try and disenfranchise people?

The Rules and Bylaws committee yesterday, made a decision to take the Michigan State, legally Certified votes, and CHANGED THIS RULE on Uncommitted Delegates that Hillary was counting on to capture more uncommitted delegates of Biden's and Edward's and others that dropped out or were left in the LEGAL COLUMN OF UNCOMMITTED VOTES, absolutely in the 11th HOUR , yesterday, which is what the Obama legal team was SHOOTING for....the disenfranchisement of legal votes and the reallocation of legal votes CASTED in the Hillary column, AND they THREW OUT the Michigan Legal Rule Governing Uncommitted votes and gave ALL OF THOSE SUPPOSEDLY UNCOMMITTED VOTES that were up for grabs legally BY THE RULES OF THEIR PRIMARY ELECTION, to COMMITTED VOTES ALL IN OBAMA'S DELEGATE COLUMN yesterday.

No, actually they were shooting for the position that Obama wanted all along, and Hillary changed her mind about, that FL and MI wouldn't count. But because of idiots like you he compromised on his position.

Then on TOP of this egrecious act and violation of their own party rules for Uncommitted votes, they took the actual votes casted in this Primary and reallocated the ACTUAL Citizen's vote based on a exit poll from oblivion which resulted in TAKING AWAY 4 actual pledged delegates that the Citizens gave to Hillary and that was certified already as Hillary's.

You don't seem to understand how the RBC works. They can change the rules, so its not in violation of the rules. Kapish?

NOW, this was the OBAMA TEAM STABBING HILLARY IN THE BACK AND TWISTING THE KNIFE AS SAYING IT WAS A FAIR DECISION.

Right. :wtf:

He could have taken the high ground and been diplomatic and given Hillary the votes that she DESERVED AND GOT THRU THE ACTUAL VOTES CASTED by individual citizens,

She didn't deserve those votes, even though you in your paranoid ravings think she does. So much for not wanting to change the rules midstream.

As for taking the high ground...

Obama had the votes for 50-50 MI split - First Read - msnbc.com

Per multiple sources inside the closed Rules and Bylaws Committee lunch, Obama actually had the votes to get a 50-50 delegate split out of Michigan -- but by just a vote or two.

However, it was decided to go with the 69-59 split to win a larger majority. That measure passed 19-8.

since he already used the male dominated DNC machine and Lawyers to finagle them in to giving HIM all of the uncommitted votes and transfering them ALL in to COMMITTED PLEDGED DELEGATES IN HIS COLUMN, after the legal certification of otherwise.... which gave him 45 pledged delegates officially added to his column OVERNIGHT, and thru BREAKING THE ACTUAL RULES OF THE DNC FOR UNCOMMITTED DELEGATES,

No, changing the rules. Which you are fine with since you are more than happy to change the rules to allow FL and MI to be seated.

Taking away, the opportunity for Hillary to capture those uncommitted votes in to her column...which may NOT have been likely, HOWEVER he slapped her and her constituants in the face and thru the old boys club and his lawyers, he managed to CHANGE THE RULES and to play the System so to eliminate his Opponent thru Technicalities and thru disenfranchisement of the actual voters.

Old boys club? Your screeching cries of sexism get more and more desperate every day.

I don't KNOW WHERE the Michigan Democrats got the polls they used to actually TAKE THE VOTE OF THE CITIZEN AWAY FROM THEM and recalculate what they THINK THEY MEANT other than their vote that they casted, and then take VOTES THAT HILLARY ACTUALLY GOT and give THEM TO OBAMA.....

Funny, I've never heard you complaina bout the votes of the massive number of people who didn't vote because they thought it wouldn't count. What about them, Care? Or are you perfectly happy to disenfranchise them?

The point is, Uncommitted was a CLEAR choice for people. Many voted uncommitted for what it stood for, they don't vote Uncommitted to mean Obama.

I'd rather the votes not count at all, rather than the votes be counted differently than they were cast.

Clinton will appeal, and she should.

Obama would rather them not count at all as well. But to make it fair for him if the rules ARE to be changed and FL and MI ARE counted, then they need to give him some of those votes.

Care, you didn't tell us you were there...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KACQuZVAE3s]YouTube - Clinton Supporter Thrown Out of Rules Committee Meeting[/ame]

Changing the rules, like counting FL and MI after they said they wouldn't? I agree. So lets not count them.

the RULES were for Florida and Michigan to get their delegates cut in half. It is AGAINST THE RULES to sanction them of their entire seating of Delegates ACCORDING TO THE DNC CHARTER, their Constitution, all 50 states MUST BE SEATED with delegations for the presidential convention to be legitimate.

By the way. If Michigan had followed the trend of similar states something like 2 million Democrats would have voted in the primary. Instead only around 700,000 did. How do you feel about those 1.3 million who never voted because they thought their vote wouldn't count?

I believe you are way overstating the number of people that it would have increased since they already had a substancial, record breaking, turn out.

And people for various reasons alwsys end up not voting, even when they are registered to vote...on average HALF OF AMERICA, does not excercise their option to vote on election day for every election we have had...

and NEVER, EVER in our history, have we taken away the value of the vote that was cast and accomodate some invisible voter that CHOSE NOT to show up on election day when all the media and the state parties notified them of how important this election is for them and getting the number of delegates for the convention.

JUST AS MANY HILLARY VOTERS DID NOT SHOW UP TO VOTE as AObama supporters or Biden supporters, or richardson supporters or edwards supporters etc....

So what is your point?

Or was that all "political calculations" as well?

Evidence that it was a "calculated political decision".

Read my initial post.

Well congrats on completely fucking the primary system, Care. Kudos to you and the rest of the people who got the RBC to change its mind.

listen you lying Obama twit ;), hillary had 12 people on that committee SUPPOSEDLY, obama 8 and undecided's 9, she did not have the majority to do any thing.

Regardless, she is not the committee, the committee is the committee...put blame where it belongs....on ALL of the committee....and enough of your nonsense and partisan rhetoric.

Legal manuevers like Hillary did in Nevada? Or was it ok for her to try and disenfranchise people?

I have no idea what you are talking about?

No, actually they were shooting for the position that Obama wanted all along, and Hillary changed her mind about, that FL and MI wouldn't count. But because of idiots like you he compromised on his position.

bullshit trying to fall on deaf ears I am afraid!

You don't seem to understand how the RBC works. They can change the rules, so its not in violation of the rules. Kapish?

It was in violation of their Charter and the Charter SUPERCEDES any committee's changes, if they do not meet the Charter.

They Broke their own rules. The Charter states that ALL 50 STATES DELEGATES MUST BE SEATED in order to select a Presidential nominee.

Right. :wtf:

She didn't deserve those votes, even though you in your paranoid ravings think she does. So much for not wanting to change the rules midstream.

Those were votes cast by the citizen of the united states for their presidential nominee, to change vote is simply fundamentally in complete opposite of the Democratic Party's Charter and the fundamental right to our individual vote as a citizen to vote in private, and have it count.

As for taking the high ground...

Obama had the votes for 50-50 MI split - First Read - msnbc.com

No, changing the rules. Which you are fine with since you are more than happy to change the rules to allow FL and MI to be seated.

As I have said to you thick headed skull many times, their votes can not be taken away from them, the delegates of 50 states MUST BE SEATED according to the rules and Charter....and it makes sense too.

Old boys club? Your screeching cries of sexism get more and more desperate every day.

Tell me something big boy, you think a woman lacking in qualifications and experience as Obama would be in his spot...black or white woman? Do you think the DNC would have done what they have done for Obama to HAND HIM THE SEAT for a woman with the same lacking qualifications as him?

I know not.

Funny, I've never heard you complaina bout the votes of the massive number of people who didn't vote because they thought it wouldn't count. What about them, Care? Or are you perfectly happy to disenfranchise them?

again, as i have said, the michigan and florida parties made a concerted effort to tell their voters how important it was to come out and vote, I PRINTED MICHIGAN'S PLEA and ad campaign to reach the voters in my original post, it is extremely disingenuous of you to keep repeating the same flatuance over and over again.

the voters that CHOSE TO NOT COME OUT AND VOTE, could have been hillary or obama voters, or biden or edward's voters and the people that did come out to vote, GOT THEIR VOTES CERTIFIED BY THE STATE, are now getting what they expressed via casting their vote, taken away from them....

Last edited:
clinton won't appeal shit. she's been given a stage left to take and she's go lick her wounded paws until 12...

Ickes even said yesterday during the meeting that Clinton said she would appeal the decision.

Do you actually keep up with politics, or do you just spout random bullshit at will?

The Obama Camp could have settled this and given her no options on any kind of appeal with the Credentials committee, but stealing her votes, and changing the rule on the undecided votes and giving them ALL to Obama including those cast for edwards and for Biden as Pledged Delegates, was the Straw that broke the Camel's back...

Obama camp made a huge miscalculation, and his spit in her face that he just spewed at her, will come back and bite the SOB in the butt, mark my words...

Last edited:
the RULES were for Florida and Michigan to get their delegates cut in half. It is AGAINST THE RULES to sanction them of their entire seating of Delegates ACCORDING TO THE DNC CHARTER, their Constitution, all 50 states MUST BE SEATED with delegations for the presidential convention to be legitimate.

Actually in the meeting last year they decided TO SANCTION THEM OF THEIR ENTIRE SEATING OF DELEGATES. Those WERE the rules. Which Hillary was all for, until she stopped being the front runner.

I believe you are way overstating the number of people that it would have increased since they already had a substancial, record breaking, turn out.

No, actually they didn't break any records. George Wallace got 800,000 votes in the Democratic primary in 1972.

Also:

FiveThirtyEight.com: Electoral Projections Done Right

But as I've pointed out before, the turnout situation in Michigan wasn't remotely normal. According to Jay Cost's spreadsheet, turnout in Michigan was equal to 24 percent of John Kerry's vote in 2004. However, the average in other states with open primaries was 79 percent.

And people for various reasons alwsys end up not voting, even when they are registered to vote...on average HALF OF AMERICA, does not excercise their option to vote on election day for every election we have had...

And that just always happened in Michigan instead of other states, right? That bullshit excuse works for people outside Michigan as well as inside. Try coming up with another reason as to why Michigan voters came out in substantially less numbers, percentage wise, than other similar states.

and NEVER, EVER in our history, have we taken away the value of the vote that was cast and accomodate some invisible voter that CHOSE NOT to show up on election day when all the media and the state parties notified them of how important this election is for them and getting the number of delegates for the convention.

The STATE party said it was important. The NATIONAL party and the MEDIA said it would be useless.

JUST AS MANY HILLARY VOTERS DID NOT SHOW UP TO VOTE as AObama supporters or Biden supporters, or richardson supporters or edwards supporters etc....

So what is your point?

You know this how exactly? Ah right, you are just making it up.

Read my initial post.

I did. You provided no evidence.

listen you lying Obama twit , hillary had 12 people on that committee SUPPOSEDLY, obama 8 and undecided's 9, she did not have the majority to do any thing.

Listen, you moronic Hillary fanatic. Obama would have been more than happy to let FL and MI not have their votes counted if Hillary had agreed.

Regardless, she is not the committee, the committee is the committee...put blame where it belongs....on ALL of the committee....and enough of your nonsense and partisan rhetoric.

Who fought tooth and nail to change the rules mid-course Care? It wasn't Obama.

Oh, and as for blaming the Committee and my "partisan rhetoric"...did you or did you not say this Care:

HOWEVER he[Obama] slapped her and her constituants in the face and thru the old boys club and his lawyers, he[Obama] managed to CHANGE THE RULES and to play the System so to eliminate his Opponent thru Technicalities and thru disenfranchisement of the actual voters.

Don't criticize me for something YOU just did.

I have no idea what you are talking about?

Of course you don't. You are an ignorant Hillary hack and will ignore this like all of the other evidence I posted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/13/us/politics/13vegas.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin

The at-large precincts are being established because thousands of hotel workers cannot leave their jobs to participate in the midday caucuses in their home precincts.

Guess what? Clinton fought for this before the union endorsed Obama. Then she fought against it.

It was in violation of their Charter and the Charter SUPERCEDES any committee's changes, if they do not meet the Charter.

No, actually, the committee can change it. I don't know where you are getting this bullshit from, but if they couldn't change it they wouldn't have done so at the beginning.

They Broke their own rules. The Charter states that ALL 50 STATES DELEGATES MUST BE SEATED in order to select a Presidential nominee.

You have no idea what you are talking about. As usual.

Those were votes cast by the citizen of the united states for their presidential nominee, to change vote is simply fundamentally in complete opposite of the Democratic Party's Charter and the fundamental right to our individual vote as a citizen to vote in private, and have it count.

Votes which they were told BEFOREHAND, wouldn't count.

As I have said to you thick headed skull many times, their votes can not be taken away from them, the delegates of 50 states MUST BE SEATED according to the rules and Charter....and it makes sense too.

Except they took them away from the last year, dumbass.

Tell me something big boy, you think a woman lacking in qualifications and experience as Obama would be in his spot...black or white woman? Do you think the DNC would have done what they have done for Obama to HAND HIM THE SEAT?

Yes. I think if Obama was a woman, he would be where he is. You have personal biases against him, and because he beat your candidate you cry sexism. He won fair and square despite the bullshit you are spewing here.

again, as i have said, the michigan and florida parties made a concerted effort to tell their voters how important it was to come out and vote, I PRINTED MICHIGAN'S PLEA and ad campaign to reach the voters in my original post, it is extremely disingenuous of you to keep repeating the same flatuance over and over again.

Considering the STATE Democratic party doesn't have the power to decide whether the votes or counted, why should their say so matter at all to the voters?

the voters that CHOSE TO NOT COME OUT AND VOTE, could have been hillary or obama voters, or biden or edward's voters and the people that did come out to vote, GOT THEIR VOTES CERTIFIED BY THE STATE, are now getting what they expressed via casting their vote, taken away from them....

No, they aren't. They expressed something which, at the time, didn't count. How exactly is it fair to have an election which the national party says "this doesn't count", and then go back and say "no...wait, actually it does"?

The Obama Camp could have settled this and given her no options on any kind of appeal with the Credentials committee, but stealing her votes, and changing the rule on the undecided votes and giving them ALL to Obama including those cast for edwards and for Biden as Pledged Delegates, was the Straw that broke the Camel's back...

Obama camp made a huge miscalculation, and his spit in her face that he just spewed at her, will come back and bite the SOB in the butt, mark my words...

Considering Biden and Edwards both endorsed Obama, what the hell are you bitching about? Oh wait, you just want a reason to whine and complain.

Don't play any bullshit about the "straw that broke the camels back". You've hated Obama for a while now for whatever weird personal shit you have going on.

Which Hillary was all for, until she stopped being the front runner.

Prove it. Show me that she was FOR not seating the delegates. Don't show me where she agreed to follow it, show me where she supported it, endorsed it, campaigned for it.

Ding Ding Ding.... be happy that any delegates were sat. The motion that was approved was submitted by the Michigan dem party.. who would know better about how to handle this situation than the very people involved... Obama was more than generous with the resolution on both states...

Now I see a headline on cnn.com... "Angry Clinton supporters tell party leaders: 'Let's go McCain!'"

WTF.. . I only thought idiots were republican and voted for bush... silly me... I guess both parties have em...

Oh.. if your thinkin bout voting for Mac.. just remember that two more supreme court nominees takes us back to the days when coat hangers were in fashion...

Generous? Actually, this was between the states and the DNC. It's got nothing to do with Obama's generosity at all. If he were generous, he'd insist the delegates be seated and counted. I wonder why he didn't if he seriously gives a damn about Floridians and Michiganders.

Prove it. Show me that she was FOR not seating the delegates. Don't show me where she agreed to follow it, show me where she supported it, endorsed it, campaigned for it.

Who said she endorsed ir or campaigned for it? Aren't you the one saying Obama is a racist because he has racist friends? But with Clinton its an entirely different standard, eh?

Generous? Actually, this was between the states and the DNC. It's got nothing to do with Obama's generosity at all.

Actually it does, since Obama has influence with some of the committee members, just as Hillary does.

If he were generous, he'd insist the delegates be seated and counted. I wonder why he didn't if he seriously gives a damn about Floridians and Michiganders.

No, if he were stupid he would insist that. And he didn't, because he also cares about the Floridians and Michiganders who didn't vote because they were told it wouldn't be counted. He didn't because he cares about having a primary system that the DNC has some control over. He didn't because of that little thing called "following the rules".

Oh, and by the way, he WAS generous. He had the votes for a 50-50 split in Michigan, but instead they voted for a 59-69 split.

Forum List

Back