Michigan gone crazy. DNR conducting armed raids against farmers.

Now to the ISO ruling. I have no problem with any state government attempting to protect the environment from feral hogs.

The link I had did not mention the European stock of wild boar.

That's why I asked for more information. It does bother me greatly that armed raids are being conducted on family farms.
I'd be surprised if the agents weren't armed, considering what they're going after.

That video I linked shows how out of control these pigs have become down south; I had no idea they reproduced at such a rate. I really can't blame the state for wanting to get a handle on this problem.

Razorbacks are a nightmare.

The damage they can do in a short period of time is unreal. I can't see the video (really old flintstone like computer on dial up) but I know in Texas they've even allowed aerial hog hunting to attempt to control them. I read that they've actually invaded the suburbs. YIKES.

My catahoulas were out of Pontchatoula (picked my apples from the tree :eusa_angel:) but there are awesome breeders out of Texas with the ACA.

I appreciate you putting up the actual legislation. I'm going to make a point of emailing the gentleman in the original link to find out more.

Wait till you see the rest of my babies. I'm trying to get a whole batch of seedlings started right now, but I'm working on my photobucket so I can share.

But here's Chyna from my first litter as well. Complete doll. I got bragging rights on pretty catahoulas:D

Chyna1a.jpg

Hey Emma nice to see you.

Not a hysterical OP whatsoever. Armed DNR officers raiding farms disturbs me. Oh and I know all about wild hogs.

I bred Louisiana Catahoulas. Getting my photobucket albums in order to get up all the pictures of my dogs and my pups.

But here's my Sandman's American Bad Ass as a baby.

AmBA.jpg
[/IMG]

He (she?) is absolutely gorgeous!

Oh they're like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get in a litter except their beauty is remarkable. But it's their herding and hunting skills that make the breed.

I will get more pics up over the next couple of days.

And btw, great to see you. Meant it.

You too :)

I wish I could have a dog, but it wouldn't be fair considering my schedule.

Now to the ISO ruling. I have no problem with any state government attempting to protect the environment from feral hogs.

The link I had did not mention the European stock of wild boar.

That's why I asked for more information. It does bother me greatly that armed raids are being conducted on family farms.
I'd be surprised if the agents weren't armed, considering what they're going after.

That video I linked shows how out of control these pigs have become down south; I had no idea they reproduced at such a rate. I really can't blame the state for wanting to get a handle on this problem.

The damage they can do in a short period of time is unreal. I can't see the video (really old flintstone like computer on dial up) but I know in Texas they've even allowed aerial hog hunting to attempt to control them. I read that they've actually invaded the suburbs. YIKES.

My catahoulas were out of Pontchatoula (picked my apples from the tree :eusa_angel:) but there are awesome breeders out of Texas with the ACA.

I appreciate you putting up the actual legislation. I'm going to make a point of emailing the gentleman in the original link to find out more.

Wait till you see the rest of my babies. I'm trying to get a whole batch of seedlings started right now, but I'm working on my photobucket so I can share.

But here's Chyna from my first litter as well. Complete doll. I got bragging rights on pretty catahoulas:D

Chyna1a.jpg

All I can tell you is that here in SC we shoot every wild hog we see. A lot of them have bred back to pure Russian boars that were (unwisely) stocked here years ago. The larger ones are damned dangerous, especially in the swamps and thick cover they usually stay in. What you often get is a quick close range shot at a charging hog, and it better be well placed...either that, or you'd better have a handy tree to climb. Let's just say hunting them on foot without dogs, is not for the faint of heart, or a mediocre shot....

Chyna1a.jpg

All I can tell you is that here in SC we shoot every wild hog we see. A lot of them have bred back to pure Russian boars that were (unwisely) stocked here years ago. The larger ones are damned dangerous, especially in the swamps and thick cover they usually stay in. What you often get is a quick close range shot at a charging hog, and it better be well placed...either that, or you'd better have a handy tree to climb. Let's just say hunting them on foot without dogs, is not for the faint of heart, or a mediocre shot....

It's crazy how fast they breed. If they are messing with cross breeding in Michigan I understand thoroughly why the state is taking this action. I will find out more about these specific cases and post.

I've been into hog dogs since the 90's. Love them to death. I had catahoulas ( just lost my last girl) but I've met some amazing catch Am Bulls in my time. Bottom line is any hog dog is a good dog.:D

These are sport farms for hunting and they have poor controls over the feral pig population. I have not heard of anyone other than the farms themselves who feel the DNR is acting unreasonably. Public safety is at risk from a nonnative species.

Yes it is horrible, in FL they can come on your property and cut down your orange tree if it has canker. No warrant or anything.
And they sprayed much of the state from the air with Malithion over the medfly. Damn liberal Orange growers!
They sprayed my subdivision from the air, no respect for private property at all.
Yeah but they were too fucking stupid to know whether the trees really had it or not. I ran the fuckers off with a .45 so they called in the Nazi's. I told those steroid addicted faggots to get the fuck off my farm unless they had something from a judge. They said they'd be back. I told them "go for it" and that I'll have an agronomist, a lawyer ad a TV crew there to greet them upon arrival.
The trees are still there. My murkin coward neighbors lost all of theirs.

sure you did Gordo....

It's crazy how fast they breed. If they are messing with cross breeding in Michigan I understand thoroughly why the state is taking this action. I will find out more about these specific cases and post.

What made me suspicious was the hysterical article, it was just kinda weird. Whenever I see something that seems so over the top, usually (but not always) it's an exaggeration of what's really going on. I don't know how big of a problem it is around here, but it's pretty obvious from what I've read that it's a big issue in some areas of the country, and imo Michigan is wise to try to get a handle on it before it gets out of hand.

btw ... wonder what they're doing about that snail LOL

What made me suspicious was the hysterical article, it was just kinda weird. Whenever I see something that seems so over the top, usually (but not always) it's an exaggeration of what's really going on. I don't know how big of a problem it is around here, but it's pretty obvious from what I've read that it's a big issue in some areas of the country, and imo Michigan is wise to try to get a handle on it before it gets out of hand.

btw ... wonder what they're doing about that snail LOL

Anybody around feral pigs without a firearm is crazy. As far as the snails...

Is a slow pace, but some of the characters involved are sort of slimey.

Forum List

Back