Michigan gone crazy. DNR conducting armed raids against farmers.

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Ok. This is implementing absolutely over the top draconian measures against the small farmer.

If anyone is from Michigan and can fill me in on how the DNR arrived at their definition of Invasive Species, I'd love to find out more about this. Especially if Monsanto had a hand in this legislation.

Here's part of the story I've picked up.

" (NaturalNews) NaturalNews can now confirm that the Michigan Department of Natural Resources has, in total violation of the Fourth Amendment, conducted two armed raids on pig farmers in that state, one in Kalkaska County at Fife Lake and another in Cheboygan County. Staging raids involving six vehicles and ten armed men, DNA conducted unconstitutional, illegal and arguably criminal armed raids on these two farms with the intent of shooting all the farmers' pigs under a bizarre new "Invasive Species Order" (ISO) that has suddenly declared traditional livestock to be an invasive species.

Learn more: NaturalNews exclusive: Michigan government unleashes armed raids on small pig farmers, forces farmer to shoot all his own pigs

And from a second article, and this is heartbreaking.

" In anticipation of the DNR arriving on the scene, one farmer engaged in what can only be described as a heart-wrenching task of shooting his own pigs, one by one, including baby piglets before the DNR arrived. This was to avoid being arrested as a felon. His livelihood is now completely destroyed, as the state of Michigan has put him out of business

Learn more: NaturalNews exclusive: Michigan government unleashes armed raids on small pig farmers, forces farmer to shoot all his own pigs

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Wow. Pig profiling. It would be humorous if it didn't represent the loss of personal property rights in this country.

Wow. Pig profiling. It would be humorous if it didn't represent the loss of personal property rights in this country.
Hey Vel. Your flags are wrongside up.

Attachments

• $updown.jpg
    $updown.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 117
Yes it is horrible, in FL they can come on your property and cut down your orange tree if it has canker. No warrant or anything.
And they sprayed much of the state from the air with Malithion over the medfly. Damn liberal Orange growers!
They sprayed my subdivision from the air, no respect for private property at all.

Yes it is horrible, in FL they can come on your property and cut down your orange tree if it has canker. No warrant or anything.
And they sprayed much of the state from the air with Malithion over the medfly. Damn liberal Orange growers!
They sprayed my subdivision from the air, no respect for private property at all.
Yeah but they were too fucking stupid to know whether the trees really had it or not. I ran the fuckers off with a .45 so they called in the Nazi's. I told those steroid addicted faggots to get the fuck off my farm unless they had something from a judge. They said they'd be back. I told them "go for it" and that I'll have an agronomist, a lawyer ad a TV crew there to greet them upon arrival.
The trees are still there. My murkin coward neighbors lost all of theirs.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
DNR - DNRE Director Signs Order to Make Feral Swine Invasive Species

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]DNRE Director Signs Order to Make Feral Swine Invasive Species[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Dec. 10, 2010

Department of Natural Resources and Environment Director Rebecca Humphries has signed an order to make feral swine and wild boar an invasive species in Michigan. Humphries gave the order an effective date of July 8, 2011, giving the state Legislature time to enact laws to provide regulations for facilities that currently provide wild boar breeding and hunting. If legislation is not passed to regulate the facilities, the invasive species order will go in to effect, making it illegal to possess wild boar in Michigan.

"Feral swine pose a significant risk to Michigan's wildlife, ecosystems and agricultural resources, and they are a serious disease threat to humans, wildlife and domesticated pigs," Humphries said. "I urge the Legislature to address this issue in 2011. Michigan is in a unique position to address this threat to our natural and agricultural resources by having our legal options aligned, but regulation is greatly needed for us to be effective."

Wild boar breeding and hunting in shooting facilities is unregulated in Michigan, and boars are not listed as a game species in the state. Wild boar are not native to the state of Michigan.

The order lists wild or feral boar/swine/hog, Old World swine, razorback, Eurasian wild boar and Russian wild boar as invasive species. The DNRE estimates that there are at least 65 swine hunting or breeding facilities in the state, and that a vast majority of the feral swine running at large in Michigan are animals that have escaped from hunting or breeding facilities.

A feral swine work group comprised of stakeholders including pork producers and wildlife and conservation organizations, and hunting and breeding facility representatives met over the last few months to make recommendations for regulations for wild boar breeding and shooting facilities, including fencing standards, biosecurity measures, methods of inventory, liability for escaped animals, indemnity, fees to support regulation and penalties for violation. Humphries has urged incoming legislative leaders to take up the recommendations in the form of legislation to regulate wild swine breeding and shooting facilities, and to place a moratorium on the establishment of any new swine breeding or shooting facilities.

Damage caused by invasive swine to important species and ecosystems has been documented in virtually every segment of their range in the United States. Feral swine are particularly disruptive of native wildlife, including many desirable game species in Michigan, such as white-tailed deer, pheasant, wild turkey and ruffed grouse. Feral swine compete with native wildlife for food, including hard and soft mast (acorns and berries), which are often vital for some wildlife species in the winter months.

The disease threat posed by invasive swine to human and animal health through the transmission of disease is significant, Humphries said. A few invasive swine borne diseases to which humans are susceptible include brucellosis, leptospirosis, salmonellosis, toxoplasmosis, sarcoptic mange, E. coli and trichinosis. Feral swine also carry several diseases that threaten livestock, including pseudorabies, swine brucellosis, tuberculosis, vesicular stomatis and classic swine fever.

Feral swine's rooting behavior degrades water quality by contributing to significant soil erosion, and through the introduction of bacteria, including coliform bacteria, into rivers and streams. Rooting behavior also destroys native plant communities.

Some estimates suggest that invasive swine damage to agricultural crops and the environment conservatively total $1.5 billion in the United States. As opportunistic feeders, feral swine consume a wide variety of crops, including corn, hay, small grains, vegetables, soybeans, tree fruits and berries. In some states, studies have shown that feral swine's rooting and wallowing behavior in agricultural fields can create holes that damage farming equipment and endanger operators.

Wildlife experts from Texas - considered the state with the largest feral swine population in the United States - presented information last year to the Michigan Natural Resources Commission about management problems with feral swine. Experts told the NRC that there are no practical or economical management techniques that can adequately control the spread and negative impact of feral swine. Through aggressive breeding and high adaptability, feral swine are quickly able to establish populations in a variety of climates and ecosystems, they said.

"The state lacks the financial and human resources needed to control this species," Humphries said. "Other states have spent millions of dollars on trapping, shooting and other measures to control feral swine, and have admitted it is a losing battle."

Feral swine have been sighted in nearly every county in Michigan. For information about the feral swine issue, please go to www.michigan.gov/feralswine.

The Department of Natural Resources and Environment is committed to the conservation, protection, management, and accessible use and enjoyment of the state's environment, natural resources, and related economic interests for current and future generations. Learn more at www.michigan.gov/dnre.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Invasive Species Order

By authority conferred on the Department of Natural Resources by section 41302 of the Natural Resources Environmental Protection Act, 1994 PA 451, as amended, MCL 324.41302, and Executive Orders 2009-45, 2009-54, 2011-1, and 2011-2, and in consultation with the Department of Agriculture, the Invasive Species Order shall read as follows :

40.1 Short title.
Sec. 40.1 (1) This order shall be known and may be cited as "the invasive species order."
History: Iss. Dec. 3, 2009.

40.2 Meanings of words and phrases.
Sec. 40.2 (1) For the purposes of this order, words and phrases defined in part 413, transgenic and nonnative organisms, of the natural resources and environmental protection act, 1994 PA 451, as amended, MCL 324.41301 to 324.41323, shall have the meanings ascribed to them in those sections.

40.3 Prohibited species list.
Sec. 40.3 (1) Prohibited species are listed in part 413, transgenic and nonnative organisms, of the natural resources and environmental protection act, 1994 PA 451, as amended, MCL 324.41301 to 324.41323.

40.4 Additional prohibited species.
Sec. 40.4 (1) Possession of the following live species, including a hybrid or genetic variant of the species, an egg oroffspring of the species or of a hybrid or genetically engineered variant, is prohibited:

(a) New Zealand mud snail (potamopyrgus antipodarum).

(b) Wild boar, wild hog, wild swine, feral pig, feral hog, feral swine, Old world swine, razorback, eurasian wild boar, Russian wild boar (Sus scrofa Linnaeus). This subsection does not and is not intended to affect sus domestica involved indomestic hog production.

(c) The department shall consult with staff from the Michigan department of agriculture on the development of a phased compliance protocol for the implementation of this section.
History: Iss. Dec 3, 2009; Am. 1, 2010, Eff. Jul 8, 2011; Am. 1, 2011, Eff. Oct 8, 2011.

Orange trees are an invasive non native species too.
They have invaded mush of south central florida and pretty much even taken over the govt.

They're targeting those who are raising/breeding feral swine (or hybrids of feral swine).

Nice hysterical OP, though.

Hey Emma nice to see you.

Not a hysterical OP whatsoever. Armed DNR officers raiding farms disturbs me. Oh and I know all about wild hogs.

I bred Louisiana Catahoulas. Getting my photobucket albums in order to get up all the pictures of my dogs and my pups.

But here's my Sandman's American Bad Ass as a baby.

AmBA.jpg
[/IMG]

Now to the ISO ruling. I have no problem with any state government attempting to protect the environment from feral hogs.

The link I had did not mention the European stock of wild boar.

That's why I asked for more information. It does bother me greatly that armed raids are being conducted on family farms.

Oh and for those that might not know the breed Louisiana Catahoula, they are a most amazing breed who hunt and herd. They epitomize "no fear".

Here's just a quickie pic of what hog dogs do. Just a great shot of a working catahoula (not mine).

I was Sandman Catahoulas. My sire and main man Jim Dandy was out of Camp a While (hog dog) and my foundation bitch that I just lost at 12 years Ruby Starr was out of Southern Lights (treeing and hog).

In the next few days I'll upload my best pics of my babies.

url

I loved every minute of being part of the pack.

They're targeting those who are raising/breeding feral swine (or hybrids of feral swine).

Not a hysterical OP whatsoever. Armed DNR officers raiding farms disturbs me. Oh and I know all about wild hogs.

I bred Louisiana Catahoulas. Getting my photobucket albums in order to get up all the pictures of my dogs and my pups.

AmBA.jpg
[/IMG]

He (she?) is absolutely gorgeous!

Now to the ISO ruling. I have no problem with any state government attempting to protect the environment from feral hogs.

The link I had did not mention the European stock of wild boar.

That's why I asked for more information. It does bother me greatly that armed raids are being conducted on family farms.
I'd be surprised if the agents weren't armed, considering what they're going after.

That video I linked shows how out of control these pigs have become down south; I had no idea they reproduced at such a rate. I really can't blame the state for wanting to get a handle on this problem.

AmBA.jpg
[/IMG]

He (she?) is absolutely gorgeous!

Oh they're like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get in a litter except their beauty is remarkable. But it's their herding and hunting skills that make the breed.

I will get more pics up over the next couple of days.

And btw, great to see you. Meant it.

Forum List

Back