Michigan Dems charged in fake tea party scandal

Spoonman

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2010
Michigan Dems charged in fake tea party scandal

Two Michigan Democrats were arraigned Wednesday on election corruption charges for allegedly propping up of fake tea party candidates in 2010, the Detroit News reports.

Former Democratic Party Chairman Michael McGuinness (right) and ex-operations director Jason Bauer have been charged with forgery, putting people up for office without their knowledge and other charges. The two party leaders allegedly conspired to field phony tea party candidates in an apparent bid to siphon off GOP votes and boost Democrats in two Michigan County Commission races and a state Senate race last year, according to the newspaper. Several of the charges are felonies, some of which carry penalties of up to 14 years in prison.

Michigan Dems charged in fake tea party scandal - Yahoo! News

Are you sure they aren't tea party plants to make the dems look bad? I'm mean how stupid do you have to be to get caught frauduantly trying to get someone elses name on the ballot?

Anyway if found guilty they deserve whatever punishment the judge hands down.

Are you sure they aren't tea party plants to make the dems look bad? I'm mean how stupid do you have to be to get caught frauduantly trying to get someone elses name on the ballot?

Anyway if found guilty they deserve whatever punishment the judge hands down.

I'm mean how stupid do you have to be to get caught frauduantly trying to get someone elses name on the ballot?

They are democrats, that says it all :lol: They are plenty stupid

Forum List

Back