Michigan Congressman says WikiLeaks whistleblower should be executed

I just can't for the life of me think why US right-wing loons are the laughing stock of the world....really, I can't.....
funny... the only ones I hear laughing are the america haters in the government propagandist arm of the media. And nowadays they're laughing to cover up their fear of what's to come.

...and the progressofascist moonbats that populate this board

Why is it we know exactly what to do with Americans in the legal system and the proper punishment, but no idea with terrorists? When you execute the last terrorist in Gitmo, we can talk about this American soldier.

It is not a matter of the existance of a video and the contents of that video, if Pvt. Manning wanted to be a activist then perhaps the US Military was not the best place for that. The other issue here is when he did so, he accepted the terms and conditions of that and all the laws that apply to it, including handling of "classified" materials like the video. Those videos are encrypted and it's alleged that Pvt. manning downloaded them onto CD's from a DOD intranet along with thousands of "classified" documents. First the video itself would have to have been de-encrypeted (i.e. hacked) in order for it to be viewed , and by the very act of transmitting that video and those "classified materials regardless of the content the Pvt. was commiting an act of Espionage and is subject to all the punishments associated with it. Now in order for an act of treason to hold any merit, the items that were transmitted to Wikileaks would have result in harm to US interests, harm or deaths of US Military personnel or its allies, or its overall goals. While some are anti-war and thats perfectly fine , this is not a matter of being anti-war, and if the Pvt. were the same his entry into the US Military negated that as he is now subject to the UCMJ and will be tried under it. As for Assange , while his organization has every right to exclaim their views on the war they do not have the right to obtain "classified" materials by unlawful means such as " hacking, or espionage" in order to express those views.

I had a little thread on this topic earlier, altough not about the MI. congressman, Manning himself however should be prosecuted under the 1917 Espionage Act and Treason, however so far he is being charged with releasing classified information. Wikileaks founder Assange should at the very least be charged also for espionage due to the fact that many of the items his group received were still encrypted and Wikileaks had to code break video and text in order to post it. That itself is a violation of US Law. Even if Assange is not a US citizen, the DOd heJ can issue a warrant for his arrest , but I would not look for that anytime soon.

Why should he be charged under a civilian law? The UCMJ covers what he did, and he is a member of the military.

yawn, this whole business is a Mossad disinformation operation to provide a rational for war with Pakistan

Hi Mini:

FOXNews.com - Congressman Calls for Execution of Wikileaks Whistleblower

Pure, unadulterated treason.

I agree.

Execute the traitor.

No sir. You are completely ignorant to the facts 'and' 100 percent DEAD WRONG.

1. Julian Assange was reportedly born in 1971 in the city of Townsville, northeastern Australia (Time.com). For Mini to execute anyone for treason against the USA, that person must be AN AMERICAN!!!

2. Julian Assange is responsible for leaking NOTHING from the Pentagon and/or other U.S. Military Installations. This guy does NOT work inside any Department of Defense Facility with access to 'Top Secret' Documentation.

3. Julian Assange receives all of his documentation from third-party sources that 'do' have access to the documents.

4. The people responsible for leaking US Govt Documentation work for the Department of Defense, or they have access to these documents that were obviously NOT protected very well by the DoD.

Julian Assange believes that transparency is for the good of all people. The US Military was part of the 9/11 Inside Job (What Really Happened) and the 2.3 TRILLION dollars lost at the Pentagon is still NOT FOUND, because the bookkeepers, accountants and budget analysts tracking down the missing money were ALL EXECUTED.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kpWqdPMjmo]2.3 TRILLION Dollars Missing From Pentagon[/ame]

The Govt Documentation Proves 9/11 Was An Inside Job (my Topic) and everyone in the US Military continues to look the other way.

The US Military is corrupt as both Houses of Congress and the out-of-control Bush and Obama Administrations, but you :)cuckoo:) want to execute the whistle blowers ...

GL,

Terral

You mean our very own Senator representing New York, Al Franken? or Jesse Ventura? or Norm Coleman? or Paul Wellstone? or Keith Ellison? or Jim Oberstar?

I used to go through Uptown a lot. Yeah, lots of mental rejects there pretending to be humans that voted for these wastes of space. Also, home of most of the criminal voter fraud.

Makes me happy I'm a Wisconsinite just in exile for a while. But even then we have Fascist Feingold and the Dairy Queen for senators. BARF!
Hey, now, Jesse V's a pretty decent man.

Hi Mini:

FOXNews.com - Congressman Calls for Execution of Wikileaks Whistleblower

Pure, unadulterated treason.

I agree.

Execute the traitor.

No sir. You are completely ignorant to the facts 'and' 100 percent DEAD WRONG.

1. Julian Assange was reportedly born in 1971 in the city of Townsville, northeastern Australia (Time.com). For Mini to execute anyone for treason against the USA, that person must be AN AMERICAN!!!

2. Julian Assange is responsible for leaking NOTHING from the Pentagon and/or other U.S. Military Installations. This guy does NOT work inside any Department of Defense Facility with access to 'Top Secret' Documentation.

3. Julian Assange receives all of his documentation from third-party sources that 'do' have access to the documents.

4. The people responsible for leaking US Govt Documentation work for the Department of Defense, or they have access to these documents that were obviously NOT protected very well by the DoD.

Julian Assange believes that transparency is for the good of all people. The US Military was part of the 9/11 Inside Job (What Really Happened) and the 2.3 TRILLION dollars lost at the Pentagon is still NOT FOUND, because the bookkeepers, accountants and budget analysts tracking down the missing money were ALL EXECUTED.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kpWqdPMjmo]2.3 TRILLION Dollars Missing From Pentagon[/ame]

The Govt Documentation Proves 9/11 Was An Inside Job (my Topic) and everyone in the US Military continues to look the other way.

The US Military is corrupt as both Houses of Congress and the out-of-control Bush and Obama Administrations, but you :)cuckoo:) want to execute the whistle blowers ...

GL,

Terral

Who said anything about Assange?

Execute the treasonous American soldier.

You troofers have a real struggle with staying on topic, don't you?

It is not a matter of the existance of a video and the contents of that video, if Pvt. Manning wanted to be a activist then perhaps the US Military was not the best place for that. The other issue here is when he did so, he accepted the terms and conditions of that and all the laws that apply to it, including handling of "classified" materials like the video. Those videos are encrypted and it's alleged that Pvt. manning downloaded them onto CD's from a DOD intranet along with thousands of "classified" documents. First the video itself would have to have been de-encrypeted (i.e. hacked) in order for it to be viewed , and by the very act of transmitting that video and those "classified materials regardless of the content the Pvt. was commiting an act of Espionage and is subject to all the punishments associated with it. Now in order for an act of treason to hold any merit, the items that were transmitted to Wikileaks would have result in harm to US interests, harm or deaths of US Military personnel or its allies, or its overall goals. While some are anti-war and thats perfectly fine , this is not a matter of being anti-war, and if the Pvt. were the same his entry into the US Military negated that as he is now subject to the UCMJ and will be tried under it. As for Assange , while his organization has every right to exclaim their views on the war they do not have the right to obtain "classified" materials by unlawful means such as " hacking, or espionage" in order to express those views.

I agree, but there are a few more I'd like prosecuted.

Whoever sold computer security to the Army, claiming it was adequate to the needs of the US regarding classified materials.

The private's supervisor, who did not detect and prevent this crime.

The American soldiers who shot unarmed noncombatants in the Middle East.

Anyone in the US military responsible for covering up their crimes.

The American soldiers who shot unarmed noncombatants in the Middle East.

Even those who died because they were being used as shields by the terrorists?

War is a horrible thing. One of the worst things imaginable. Innocents die and there is very little we can guarantee that innocents will not be harmed. It is already illegal to target or deliberately kill civilians. That is still murder and punishable as such.

But those killed as collateral damage, you cannot charge against the soldiers in time of war. For that is part of the horror of war. Be glad we have come away from philosophies of the past like Sherman's Total War or the "City-busting" of WW2 or the ethnic cleansing we engaged in against Native American tribes.

We need to remember the context of what war is before we assume this is nothing more than a police arrest. It is to KILL our enemies and enforce our national will by every means necessary because all other peaceful methods of doing what we need are gone.

Forum List

Back