Michigan became the 34th state to demand a “Constitutional Convention

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
They are lining up folks. And what do you think the reason is? Is it because everything is so groovy in mainstream America? IDK.. :badgrin:

-Geaux

Martin Armstrong Warns Of 2016 Constitutional Convention | Zero Hedge

A very interesting political development has taken place, but you can bet the Democrats will fight tooth-and-nail to prevent it. This week the state legislature of Michigan became the 34th state to demand a “Constitutional Convention” in the United States.

Copyright violation removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I AM SICK OF CUTTING AND SLASHING SCIENCE and infrastructure here in America.

Then lets cut elsewhere to pay for it and I'm down.

You see, 'I'm sick of spending'

-Geaux

Did Michigan Just Trigger A Constitutional Convention?

I’m not sure if a “Constitutional Convention” is a good idea. What if it’s hijacked by the left? After all most Republicans are wimps who melt under media pressure…

Via Fox News:

Momentum is building behind what would be an unprecedented effort to amend the U.S. Constitution, through a little-known provision that gives states rather than Congress the power to initiate changes.

At issue is what’s known as a “constitutional convention,” a scenario tucked into Article V of the U.S. Constitution. At its core, Article V provides two ways for amendments to be proposed.

The first – which has been used for all 27 amendment to date – requires two-thirds of both the House and Senate to approve a resolution, before sending it to the states for ratification.

The Founding Fathers, though, devised an alternative way which says if two-thirds of state legislatures demand a meeting, Congress “shall call a convention for proposing amendments.”

The idea has gained popularity among constitutional scholars in recent years — but got a big boost last week when Michigan lawmakers endorsed it.

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, not all the states listed are calling for convention on the same merits, some are proposing adding one certain amendment and others are proposing adding a different one. The Indiana call is for a balanced budget amendment, the Maryland one (from what I can tell...?) is calling for limits on campaign donations.

If a convention is called upon, it's unlikely to result in all three fourths of the states agreeing on whatever proposals are out there.

I think most of this is just for political show, and not actually trying to amend the constitution. From what I can tell, the Constitution has never had an amendment added via three fourths of the state legislatures voting on it.

Last edited:
I think I remember the 21st (repeal) was the "state" way but I am too lazy to look it up.

I’m not sure if a “Constitutional Convention” is a good idea. What if it’s hijacked by the left?
Then everything it passes, will be thrown in the trash can when it comes time for states to ratify it.

Had you forgotten that a Constitutional Convention (ConCon) cannot change the Constitution?

All it can do, is offer proposals. No different from Congress when it passes amendments with the required 2/3 vote of heach house.

Once it passes something, it must be ratified by 3/4 of the states... or it goes in the trash can.

So don't get paranoid over a ConCon being "hijacked by the left". A ConCon is just one small piece of the puzzle.

The Framers made sure that the final decision on whether to modify the Constitution or not, rests with the people FURTHEST REMOVED from the central government in WashDC as possible. There was a reason for that.

In fact, the American people don't want the extreme-left agenda that current Democrat leaders are pushing. And the states will refuse to ratify anything produced by a "hijacked" ConCon.

The bad news is, while 34 states can force Congress to call a ConCon, it's Congress who actually calls it... and decides who is in it.

We need to nws, noaa, nasa, fda, cdc, fbi, cia, ssi, etc...Or we're a very hollow nation.

I will fight against this.

It's to balance our budget for fuck sakes. Your concerns are just stupid. NASA is already nothing more than a Muslim outreach program to tell them bullshit about how fucking scientific they are while we send or Astronauts up in Russian rockets because we don't have any. Maybe if we balanced our budget we could have a few dollars to have a real space program...that actually goes into space.

If you want all this shit you listed you better fucking fight for a balanced budget or it all collapses. How fucking stupid do you have to be to think all of this can keep going with a trillion in debt adding up year after year?

None of your dream list can survive without a balanced budget. None of your fucking science, R&D and investment bullshit you post twenty times a fucking day can keep going without a real budget we can pay for. I would suggest you get your head out of your ass and support a balanced budget amendment in order to keep your favorite programs going.

If you don't then you lose all of the programs you want.

Needs shaped so we can have without a question a nasa, nws, cdc, fbi, etc.

You small government pre-constitution assholes can kiss my fucking ass!

You know, you'd think if you loved science so much, you'd use your own money to fund it.

I AM SICK OF CUTTING AND SLASHING SCIENCE and infrastructure here in America.

Because that's happened when, exactly? I mean yeah Obama turned NASA from space exploration to Muslim outreach, but they still get the same funding.

Forum List

Back