Michelle's mom opposed marriage to biracial man

I can believe this. all in the Obama family are racist to the core of their souls

Look how he used his white Grandparents in his books. Spit all over them making them out to be the racist

they all make me cringe

See what I mean, Mud? Perfect example of what I was talking about -- posted while I was writing about it. Three lines, leaning on the old "dat's wacist" crutch, because it's easier than actual thought. The Lazy-Boy of rhetorical sloth.

So here we go....

Hey Steph ---
Quotes?
Links?
Anything of substance at all?

Hey Steph, here's a fun game:
Define "Racism".
Aaaand GO.

Maybe you need to get off of your fat ass and do some research on Obama and his wife. Start by reading his books. Then Google Michelle's thesis. If you're a lawyer, you should know how to look this stuff up with a few key words and phrases. Then it's up to you if you decide to believe it, or just continue down this path of denial.

I don't need to do anything remotely resembling any such thing dood. See, I'm not going out of my way to look for/invent/fabricate and then justify something that ain't there in the first place. That's the whole freaking POINT. Sorry, I do not and will not live in this sad little black/white world where every time a mosquito sneezes I can translate it into some kind of political field goal to put points up on some imaginary scoreboard. I take what I'm given, at face value. Period, end of story, waiter, check please.

Apart from that, I'm imparting insiders knowledge on black society and you refuse to heed it. What more can I do. I suppose you could ask them if you dare. Ask them if they think a mother who has misgivings about a half black son-in-law or worse completely black son-in-law, is she racist?? I'm sure 99% of them will say "Hell yes she's racist!!" Then tell them it's Michelle's mother.... and watch them change their answer....lol.

ooooOOooh, "insider's knowledge", isn't that patronizing condescending special. Golly jeepers I've sure never seen a black person before, I would have no idea without your benevolent tell-all revelations. Say, doncha think we should do this in a parking garage using secret codes?

Appeal to Authority, Argumentum ad Populum, Speculation Fallacy. And in your speculation the proper answer would be "I don't have enough to go on to make that judgment". Same as yours should have been.

Anything else?

Ever find anything expressing a racial value judgment on the part of Marian Robinson -- you know, what racism must have to exist?

Nothing?

Yeah, neither did I. How 'bout that.

Last edited:
I can believe this. all in the Obama family are racist to the core of their souls

Look how he used his white Grandparents in his books. Spit all over them making them out to be the racist

they all make me cringe

See what I mean, Mud? Perfect example of what I was talking about -- posted while I was writing about it. Three lines, leaning on the old "dat's wacist" crutch, because it's easier than actual thought. The Lazy-Boy of rhetorical sloth.

So here we go....

Hey Steph ---
Quotes?
Links?

Define "Racism".
Aaaand GO.

Crickets. Guess we'll see this chick ^^ LATER.

See what I mean, Mud? I spell it out, they just keep demonstrating it.

Where's yous makin Hussein takin' usn dis week???... Hawaii, I like Hawaii!!!

121102marian_robinson_obama_reuters_6051.jpg

So here we go....

Hey Steph ---
Quotes?
Links?

Define "Racism".
Aaaand GO.

I don't need to do anything remotely resembling any such thing dood. See, I'm not going out of my way to look for/invent/fabricate and then justify something that ain't there in the first place. That's the whole freaking POINT.

Actually the point is you're trying to act like this is a court of law, not the real world. In court a prosecutor can only present evidence from collected evidence. He cannot make rational value judgements without reasonable proof. Unfortunately for you and your ignorant defense of Michelle's mother, you assume only a literal translation applies to her statements, and even that is questionable. Looking at the preponderance of evidence one cannot assume that Marion Robinson has only one thought in mind when she said she doesn't like her baby girl marrying someone of mixed decent. That her only concern is their welfare, not her own feelings of bigotry. Looking at her conduct in the past it is clear that humility and kindness aren't strong character traits here. Actually Michelle's mother has shown to be a very abusive person to the staff since moving into the WhiteHouse and nearly caused an international incident by acting extremely rude to the help while traveling with Michelle in China. So this is not a humble woman. People who treat the help like trash tend to think they are better than everyone else. So one can assume that her misgivings for the lack of purity of Barack Obama were a feeling of embarrassment, not concern as you claim.

Thems the facts bud.

ooooOOooh, "insider's knowledge", isn't that patronizing condescending special. Golly jeepers I've sure never seen a black person before, I would have no idea without your benevolent tell-all revelations. Say, doncha think we should do this in a parking garage using secret codes?

Appeal to Authority, Argumentum ad Populum, Speculation Fallacy. And in your speculation the proper answer would be "I don't have enough to go on to make that judgment". Same as yours should have been.

Anything else?

Ever find anything expressing a racial value judgment on the part of Marian Robinson -- you know, what racism must have to exist?

Nothing?

It's easy to garner a racial value judgment from her words because of the very obvious negativity she showed toward mixed marriages.

Last edited:

So here we go....

Hey Steph ---
Quotes?
Links?

Define "Racism".
Aaaand GO.

I don't need to do anything remotely resembling any such thing dood. See, I'm not going out of my way to look for/invent/fabricate and then justify something that ain't there in the first place. That's the whole freaking POINT.

Actually the point is you're trying to act like this is a court of law, not the real world. In court a prosecutor can only present evidence from collected evidence. He cannot make rational value judgements without reasonable proof. Unfortunately for you and your ignorant defense of Michelle's mother, you assume only a literal translation applies to her statements, and even that is questionable. Looking at the preponderance of evidence one cannot assume that Marion Robinson has only one thought in mind when she said she doesn't like her baby girl marrying someone of mixed decent. That her only concern is their welfare, not her own feelings of bigotry. Looking at her conduct in the past it is clear that humility and kindness aren't strong character traits here. Actually Michelle's mother has shown to be a very abusive person to the staff since moving into the WhiteHouse and nearly caused an international incident by acting extremely rude to the help while traveling with Michelle in China. So this is not a humble woman. People who treat the help like trash tend to think they are better than everyone else. So one can assume that her misgivings for the lack of purity of Barack Obama were a feeling of embarrassment, not concern as you claim.

Thems the facts bud.

Anything else?

Nothing?

It's easy to garner a racial value judgment from her words because of the very obvious negativity she showed toward mixed marriages.

:lmao: at MW admitting that he cannot produce a single shred of evidence to support his feckless claims while he proceeds to pretend that what he is posting are "facts" at the same time.

That takes a very special kind of mental dissonance.

:cuckoo:

So here we go....

Hey Steph ---
Quotes?
Links?

Define "Racism".
Aaaand GO.

Thems the facts bud.

Well no -- them's the assumptions.

Here's where you got it wrong: I don't use a "literal translation" to interpret Marian Robinson; I use a literal translation to apply to everything. Which means regardless what the issue might be, I have no right to inject extra content that isn't there just because what IS there isn't leading to where I would prefer it to go. And you don't either. Matter of fact here's a complete list of people who have the right to do so:

(end of list)​

--- which I've already noted about twelve thousand times here.

Why don't I do that? Because number one it's wrong, and number two it would make me look as ridiculous as you just did there, trying to dredge up irrelevant nonsense like "boo hoo, somebody said she was mean to the staff" -- it doesn't make your point. On the contrary it exposes what you're trying to do. Which I could see from the beginning.

Anything else?

Nothing?

Or expressed as a single word: "No".

Once again we go right back to where we started: you quote her preference, we can all see that - what you can't quote is her basis leading to that preference. At least not one that makes the point you wish was there. That's why you don't have a case. She didn't give you one.

Boo hoo. :crybaby:

So here we go....

Hey Steph ---
Quotes?
Links?

Define "Racism".
Aaaand GO.

Thems the facts bud.

Anything else?

Nothing?

:lmao: at MW admitting that he cannot produce a single shred of evidence to support his feckless claims while he proceeds to pretend that what he is posting are "facts" at the same time.

That takes a very special kind of mental dissonance.

:cuckoo:

B-but but...she snapped at a cook in China! Dat's wacist! :rofl:

So here we go....

Hey Steph ---
Quotes?
Links?

Define "Racism".
Aaaand GO.

Thems the facts bud.

Here's where you got it wrong: I don't use a "literal translation" to interpret Marian Robinson; I use a literal translation to apply to everything. Which means regardless what the issue might be, I have no right to inject extra content that isn't there just because what IS there isn't leading to where I would prefer it to go. And you don't either. Matter of fact here's a complete list of people who have the right to do so:

(end of list)​

Why don't I do that? Because number one it's wrong, and number two it would make me look as ridiculous as you just did there, trying to dredge up irrelevant nonsense like "boo hoo, somebody said she was mean to the staff" -- it doesn't make your point. On the contrary it exposes what you're trying to do. Which I could see from the beginning.

Anything else?

Nothing?

Once again we go right back to where we started: you quote her preference, we can all see that - what you can't quote is her basis leading to that preference. At least not one that makes the point you wish was there. That's why you don't have a case. She didn't give you one.

You're beginning to bore me.

So here we go....

Hey Steph ---
Quotes?
Links?

Define "Racism".
Aaaand GO.

Thems the facts bud.

(end of list)​

Anything else?

Nothing?

You're beginning to bore me.

If I'm out of fresh material (and I am) it's because you haven't come up with anything new since the first post I refuted.
After that it's been the same non-presence of any basis. A nonentity that just sits there staring inconveniently..

I guess the contents of the article are a fixed entity then.
Who knew.

Forum List

Back