Michelle Wie shooting for PGA tour history

Discussion in 'Sports' started by archangel, Jul 8, 2005.

1. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Fifteen year old Michelle Wie may become the first woman in 60 years to make PGA tour cut...

Kudos to her! :clap1:

http//sports.yahoo.com/golf

2. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223

She choked on the back 9 yesterday, making a double bogey on 6 to finish 1 out.

3. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

That was a shame..she did not make the cut...maybe next year...the little girl is hellava good though.... :cry:

4. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    In my estimation she will not be good enough for the mens tour. Notice she plays the shorter courses, Hawaii the John Deere.......there is no way she will be able to compete on say an Augusta which is being lengthened again this year to almost 7400 or like a Torrey Pines which hosts the open in a few years which is almost 7600. Just not humanly possible for a woman. I think her best bet is to stick to the LPGA and then try and qualify for some of the select events like the open.

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    6 foot 2 and drives 300 yards???---I think she's got a more than fair shot at making the cut in some courses on the tour.

6. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

I knew she could drive...did not know she was 6'2"...sure looks shorter on the bube tube....at any rate ya gotta give her A+++ for effort and talent!

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I may have the wrong golfer---just realized it---needed to research this more

8. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    She hits about 1 a round. Hell your average pga player is smoking it 330 now, ON AVERAGE! She averaged 277.1 off the tee in the John Deere, you're talking the difference between a man hitting a wedge and her hitting a 5 iron, the law of averages will catch up sooner or later.

9. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I do think she is 5"11 at least. The fact of the matter is the guys are at times roping it 360+, no matter how good she becomes her physiality(heck is that a word? lol) will limit her. Doesn't look like equipment or the ball will be curtailed anytime soon.

10. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Give the young lass a break...she is a hellava- lot better than me...I'm not great at golf...but it is fun....and she deserves some credit..dont ya think? :coffee3: