Michelle says Obama like Jesus...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Now Michelle joins the Editor of NewsWeek claiming
Michelle Obama made a remarkable claim when talking up her husband, President Barack Obama, at a campaign event earlier today in Nashville, Tennessee.

"I am so in," Michelle Obama said toward the end of her remarks. "I am going to be working so hard. We have an amazing story to tell.
This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."

The crowd of nearly 450 folks applauded as the first lady likened her husband to a Jesus-like figure.

In the book of Matthew, we read, "the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up." (Matthew 4:16) The phrase is used to describe the words Jesus preached.

In Micah, light, however, is a reference to God's words. "Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me," it says in Micah 7:8.
Either way, in religious terms, light is used to denote the true path, presented either by God or a savior. Or by Barack Obama.
Michelle Obama: 'This President Has Brought Us Out of the Dark and Into the Light' | The Weekly Standard

Obama's STASH!!!

Fast forward two-and-a-half years. This time, people in NYC are lining up because they heard that people were getting a debit card loaded with as much as $1,000 of stimulus money. However, based on the latest information, there is no money to be given away. And yet people continue to line up and turn over their sensitive, personal information.

E & M Multi-Services is a tax preparation service that operates out of the back of a “dollar store” in the Fordham section of the Bronx. The company is reportedly collecting copies of Social Security cards, state ID cards and in exchange people are given a debit card from First California Bank. One small problem with this program — the cards are not loaded with $1,000 — not from Obama or anyone. Although, at least one person on the scene believed that the card would contain funds from President Obama:

“They said it was money from Obama.”

you have GOT to be shitting me. saying she compared Obama to Jesus with her remarks is possibly the most asinine thing I have ever seen on this board.

NEG.

You know there have been some intelligent people that voted for Obama primarily because he was black as they really didn't know that much about him.

But today.. after 3 years and countless examples like his wife alluding to his "lightness" or Evan Thomas editor of NewsWeek stating Obama is like a God..
we have those people that really believe Obama has a stash of money!

So to you few intelligent people that voted for Obama.. AREN'T you just a little embarrassed?
Aren't you a little insulted to know that people like these ALSO voted for Obama like you did?

ROGULSKI: Why are you here?
WOMAN #1: To get some money.
ROGULSKI: What kind of money?
WOMAN #1: Obama money.
ROGULSKI: Where's it coming from?
WOMAN #1: Obama.
ROGULSKI: And where did Obama get it?
WOMAN #1: I don't know, his stash. I don't know. (laughter) I don't know where he got it from,
but he givin' it to us, to help us.
WOMAN #2: And we love him.
WOMAN #1: We love him. That's why we voted for him!
WOMEN: (chanting) Obama! Obama! Obama! (laughing)
"I wont have to worry about putting gas in my car, I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage..
You know, If I help him, he's gonna help me." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slUBWQ1AUEg"

Aren't you few intelligent people that voted for Obama just a little ashamed to be associated with such naive, ignorance?

you have GOT to be shitting me. saying she compared Obama to Jesus with her remarks is possibly the most asinine thing I have ever seen on this board.

NEG.

Did you READ the entire article?

Did you read her REFERENCING OBAMA AS THE LIGHT??

Obama believes he is the Messiah!!!

"a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany ...
and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama" -
Barack Obama Lebanon, New Hampshire. January 7, 2008.

Why do you think photos like these are all over the white house???
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• $images1.jpg
    $images1.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 128
  • $images2.jpg
    $images2.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 163
  • $obamaglow-550x366.jpg
    $obamaglow-550x366.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 40
Michelle Obama made a remarkable claim when talking up her husband, President Barack Obama, at a campaign event earlier today in Nashville, Tennessee.

"I am so in," Michelle Obama said toward the end of her remarks. "I am going to be working so hard. We have an amazing story to tell.

The crowd of nearly 450 folks applauded as the first lady likened her husband to a Jesus-like figure.

In the book of Matthew, we read, "the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up." (Matthew 4:16) The phrase is used to describe the words Jesus preached.

In Micah, light, however, is a reference to God's words. "Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me," it says in Micah 7:8.
Either way, in religious terms, light is used to denote the true path, presented either by God or a savior. Or by Barack Obama.
Michelle Obama: 'This President Has Brought Us Out of the Dark and Into the Light' | The Weekly Standard

I was disapointed when I read this, when I saw the title, I thought Michele had actually compared Obama to Jesus. :D But well anyway it was a very stupid remark indeed.

NEG.

Did you READ the entire article?

Did you read her REFERENCING OBAMA AS THE LIGHT??

Obama believes he is the Messiah!!!

"a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany ...
and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama" -
Barack Obama Lebanon, New Hampshire. January 7, 2008.

Why do you think photos like these are all over the white house???
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

From the OP...
Either way, in religious terms, light is used to denote the true path, presented either by God or a savior.
It is painfully obvious to everyone who is not a blind partisan hack (on either side), that she was not speaking in religious terns. Therefore, no comparison to God exists, except in the minds of those who wish it to be there for their own reasons.

Also, please state which locations in the White House those specific pictures are displayed in. :rolleyes:

So, Michelle saying that Obama "brought us out of the dark and into the light" is the same as her saying “my husband is like Jesus”?

Talk about a stretch.

Total non-story, and I think you’re trying to make something out of nothing here to suit your own agendas and personal bias. This is almost akin to when people hear Obama say something nice about the Muslim culture, or a Muslim nation, and then spin it as “proof” that he’s Muslim. Give me a break.

Focus on things that actually matter, and try to keep the discussion a bit more honest and admirable.

Last edited:
EXCUSE ME!!!
BUT I didn't SAY THAT... the reporter did.. so Don't be calling me names!

So, Michelle saying that Obama "brought us out of the dark and into the light" is the same as her saying “my husband is like Jesus”?

Well, there's not a bit of editorialization going on here at all! The Weekly standard, renown for it's fairness, unbiased reporting and completely indifferent political agenda, has added just enough worcestershire sauce to the raw steak so many conservatives gobble up in lieu of real news.

Eat it up, wingnuts! It cannot be served to anyone with working brain cells and a shred of discernment.

man that is some barf worthy shit..

and the HUGE crowd of 450 PEOPLE all said, AMEN..:lol:

I don't know if she did or didn't.
But I do know that I have never seen a President
seem to have a need for adoration like President Obama.
He has to be on a pace to have appeared in public more then any President before him.
Every night I come home and have a cable channel like MSNBC on and there
is the video of the President speaking before his adoring fans from earlier in the day.
This President seems to love the worship.

Well, there's not a bit of editorialization going on here at all! The Weekly standard, renown for it's fairness, unbiased reporting and completely indifferent political agenda, has added just enough worcestershire sauce to the raw steak so many conservatives gobble up in lieu of real news.

Eat it up, wingnuts! It cannot be served to anyone with working brain cells and a shred of discernment.

Too bad your savior/messiah sat in the pews of an American hater for 20 years!
Too bad his Dad was a mau-mau savage!
Too bad Obama hating the English so much returned Churchill statue!
Too bad Obama the Arrogant is worshiped by people who THINK the money he dispenses is HIS! "He'll pay my mortgage..put gas in my car.." mentality!
Who's stash is it???
Truly people like yourself with a modicum of intelligence must be embarrassed to have idiots who are as Michelle said "for the first time I'm proud of her country"!

Truly sorry that a diminishing number of intelligent people who ONLY voted if they were honest for Obama because of WHITE guilt..(because with less then 2 years in the Senate it sure wasn't experience!!!) voted for Obama!

I mean you supposedly "smart" people are surely being suckered and fortunately even the NYT is now aware of the sham of transparency bullcrap! Even Factcheck.org calling "But Obama and Biden have distorted the facts when explaining the proposal and its impact."

BUT like the blinded blind leading the blind you and your ilk are slowly going to come to know this Obama for WHAT he said he was going to do.. I.e. did you read his book
Dreams of my father" where he told us he was a deceiver, a trickster.. A LIAR!!!
"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and
made no sudden moves.
They were more than satisfied. They were revealed.
Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered
young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

YOU NEVER READ THAT PORTION DID YOU????

Too bad your savior/messiah sat in the pews of an American hater for 20 years!
Too bad his Dad was a mau-mau savage!
Too bad Obama hating the English so much returned Churchill statue!
Too bad Obama the Arrogant is worshiped by people who THINK the money he dispenses is HIS! "He'll pay my mortgage..put gas in my car.." mentality!
Who's stash is it???
Truly people like yourself with a modicum of intelligence must be embarrassed to have idiots who are as Michelle said "for the first time I'm proud of her country"!

Truly sorry that a diminishing number of intelligent people who ONLY voted if they were honest for Obama because of WHITE guilt..(because with less then 2 years in the Senate it sure wasn't experience!!!) voted for Obama!

I mean you supposedly "smart" people are surely being suckered and fortunately even the NYT is now aware of the sham of transparency bullcrap! Even Factcheck.org calling "But Obama and Biden have distorted the facts when explaining the proposal and its impact."

BUT like the blinded blind leading the blind you and your ilk are slowly going to come to know this Obama for WHAT he said he was going to do.. I.e. did you read his book
Dreams of my father" where he told us he was a deceiver, a trickster.. A LIAR!!!
"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and
made no sudden moves.
They were more than satisfied. They were revealed.
Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered
young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

YOU NEVER READ THAT PORTION DID YOU????
I didn't mention the President. I was commenting on the hammerheads who lap up conspiracy, spin and demagoguery as if it came down from Mt. Sinai on Moses' arm. Those who have on bigot colored glasses and are rendered blind to fact and modernity. The story is a sham. It doesn't even need a careful read to see that. It's the same caliber story those who celebrate it happen to be: shallow.

EXCUSE ME!!!
BUT I didn't SAY THAT... the reporter did.. so Don't be calling me names!

No, it isn't, because she was not speaking in the religious terms you are saying she was.

FAIL.

Forum List

Back