Michelle Rhee DC school chancellor resigns- Why?

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
I just watched Michelle Rhee in an interview on the Journal report a few minutes ago.

I was curious as to why exactly, she resigned...her answer is ( transcribed by me);

"the mayor and I decided that the best thing to do for the city would be for me to step aside, because we really want to make sure that the entire city can now embrace the reform efforts and for some members of the community to have me continue to be associated with the reforms would not allow them to do that..."

Cassandra, thrown to the wolves. In short, they ( the unions and others she had to go round or go over) wanted her head and they go it.

Typical, I hope the dem party and the parents of the "Sidwells Friends school" students are proud of themselves.

new mayor that did not hire her in the first place and she made plenty of enemies with her sweeping reforms that went waaaaay overboard without any visible positive results.

Christie is trying to woo her to NJ.

Indeed he is, but she insists she wants to go to CA, where her fiance lives. DC reform is likely dead.

BTW, as I'm sure you know, she said that if the mayor wasn't reelected, she'd resign and she did. She wasn't pushed out.

Forum List

Back