Michelle Obama's story was compelling

In between your vulgarism and lack of spell check, I think you were attempting to say Kirk was on track with his argument. Wow, doesn't take much to impress you. He pulls out a couple of articles that swings to the left of McCain and your praising his good deeds?

Any high school drop out could do an internet search and pull out some articles to favor your argument. It's really not that impressive.

Attackng the poster and ignoring the issues.

It's easier than researching, eh?

i had plans of writing in susan b. anthony for president...we will see if the obama's can win me over by november...

what i think is that if I had a different color of skin than white, i think that I probably would be going thru a tougher life, than the life i have now....i began thinking this way, when i befriended a Black coworker, who I also admired....she lived in texas, was a Rep for the company and i worked at the headquarters in massachusetts...but before this job, we worked together at Dillard's, i was a buyer in the florida division and she was a buyer in the san antonio division of Dillard's....and worked together frequently on major, storewide, company buys and went to Market together also, in new york and las vegas and in Dallas....

And over the years of befriending her, i witnessed things that i had not ever seen before the friendship... that made me realize that the road, the proverbial road, was harder for her, than for me....and not necessarily all in the workplace....just little things, that do eventually add up....

massachusetts has some racists no doubt....i can give examples of things if you woukld like, but just keeping this in mind when i tell you, that one of the times she came up to our headquarters, my husband and I offered to meet her for drinks in the hotel the company put her up in and then out to dinner, (my husband adored her because she was a Basketball and Football fanatic and he could hold a good sports conversation with her) we asked her to meet us in the bar....and she was AFRAID to go in to this all white bar alone and wait for us to get there....yes, she was afraid of the whites in this bar....she had an incident in this bar the night before when she was there with coworkers....which i did not hear about, until she told me that night....

anyway, it really made me think.....

and be able to empathize and look deeper.....

so yes, i could forgive michelle and obama for any of THAT....this still does not mean i am a shoe in to vote for him....

care

I find your story interesting. I have been friends with folks of similar association (African American and Christian) and I witnessed the conundrum of standing by your morals but also wanting to stand by those like yourself. I was always trying to convince them that their Christianity should come first but that was easy for me to say since I am not African American. I still come to same conclusion that your religious stance should come before your race or cultural association.

Any sort of racism or acts of racism is despicable but I also realize its not uncommon. Prejudice in today's world exist in all walks of life. I have experienced it in a variety of ways myself. I've learned to accept it exists even if I don't like it. I can tell you that if I had conservative counterparts making prejudice or racist comments to me, I would stop them in their tracks (as I have done in my own past). That should be the case, regardless of whether your liberal or conservative.

My point here is I empathize with your story.

Attackng the poster and ignoring the issues.

It's easier than researching, eh?

I'm not ignoring the issues genius. :cuckoo:

That is what I was accusing you of, you hand pick your issues to push your argument.

And so you know, since you think you know me so well, I tend to take an independent stance on issues and find the faults on both sides. But since you push your agenda and pro-Obama mantra so much, I find myself spending so much time trying to debunk your arguments.

I could come up with many faults that George Bush has shown us but you push such a pretty hate machine on a 24 hour basis, me describing those faults wouldn't hold much water.

I'm not ignoring the issues genius. :cuckoo:

That is what I was accusing you of, you hand pick your issues to push your argument.

And so you know, since you think you know me so well, I tend to take an independent stance on issues and find the faults on both sides. But since you push your agenda and pro-Obama mantra so much, I find myself spending so much time trying to debunk your arguments.

I could come up with many faults that George Bush has shown us but you push such a pretty hate machine on a 24 hour basis, me describing those faults wouldn't hold much water.

I pick issues?

Yes, universal healthcare, handgun control, getting out of Iraq, and American energy independence are important to me because they are important to America.

I pick issues?

Yes, universal healthcare, handgun control, getting out of Iraq, and American energy independence are important to me because they are important to America.

Those sort of issues was not what I was talking about, but that's okay. Your doing what you typically do and that is ignore the argument I was making. Which is you selectively go after stories simply to make a case against the people you don't like. But you won't bring up the same sort of stories when they go against those you do like such as Barack and Michelle Obama. You ignore issues that most everyone is aware of and cast them away as lies. Like I said earlier, you turn a blind eye to them or just think they are perfect.

On the items you brought up, yes they are important to America, but roughly half of the country doesn't agree with your viewpoint on those issues. So compromises have to be made so that we can function together. You can't have everything your way.

I pick issues?

1) You can have any healthcare you want when you pay the money for it yourself... and if you can't afford it now, get a better job, a second job, etc... if it is that important to you, I am sure you will find the motivation to do whatever it takes.... but no, you rather want the handout at someone else's expense
Affordable health insurance for the individual, the family and the self-employed
Health Insurance, Medical Insurance, Individual Health Insurance Quotes
Health Insurance Quote - Medical Insurance Quotes for Affordable Health Plans
2) Eliminating handguns from the law abiding only increases the power of the criminals
3) We will never fully be out of Iraq. See Germany, Japan, etc... when Iraq continues to better run itself, our presence will decrease... but leaving to early only destabilizes the area even more
4) You don't get energy independent when ignoring the short term need/issue to concentrate on the dreams on the long term... you make strides towards both parts of the issue... unlike what the enviro-nazis want with a stance against anything to do with drilling, nuke plants, etc

1) You can have any healthcare you want when you pay the money for it yourself... and if you can't afford it now, get a better job, a second job, etc... if it is that important to you, I am sure you will find the motivation to do whatever it takes.... but no, you rather want the handout at someone else's expense
Affordable health insurance for the individual, the family and the self-employed
2) Eliminating handguns from the law abiding only increases the power of the criminals
3) We will never fully be out of Iraq. See Germany, Japan, etc... when Iraq continues to better run itself, our presence will decrease... but leaving to early only destabilizes the area even more
4) You don't get energy independent when ignoring the short term need/issue to concentrate on the dreams on the long term... you make strides towards both parts of the issue... unlike what the enviro-nazis want with a stance against anything to do with drilling, nuke plants, etc
a point by point spot on analysis

No, the contrast is remarkable.

Michelle Obama's father worked an honest job at the water plant for 30 years.

Cindy McCain's father went to federal prison and partnered up with a mobster when he got out. Then in 1976 the mobster had a reporter blown up after he started asking too many questions. This is where Cindy got her money, and this is where McCain got the money to finance his campaigns. Now Cindy won't reveal her tax records from those days. What is she hiding?

Well i am glad I live in a country where what our fathers did means that is how we should be judged! So according to your understanding Michelle Obama's father worked an honest job so she must be great! What does that say about Mr Obama and from what his father was? Way to think that through!

Or go to a charity hospital. We have many, and they are very accomodating.

And because I was harassed in an all 'black' bar when I was younger... that gives me an excuse to be racist? Gives me an excuse to say I have it rougher?

Exactly, I grew up in an area that is 70% black. I was the minority there.

Michelle and Barack's speeches are beautiful. Just beautiful. Too bad there's no substance behind any of them. Behind their speeches are a history full of racism. It's disgusting.

"We were raised that our word was our bond."

That just floored me. I'm still cracking up intermittently throughout the day over it.

And I know I've heard Hillary say the EXACT SAME THING...which also cracked me up.

you obviously DID NOT look in to the SO CALLED affordable insurance plans you put up there for us....just the first link would cost a couple OVER $10K A YEAR AND THE COVERAGE, even with buying in to the BEST PLAN they offer, covers such a MINISCULE AMOUNT, like you only get ONE diagnostic test a year paid for out of a list of about 10, so i would have to choose between a pap smear or a mamogram or a colonoscopy etc because they will only pay for one....

then you have to buy additional RX coverage which then makes you pay 52% of the cost of the drugs....and offers you 25k in a year, critical care....which critical care is about 25k in just one day....

A JOKE, an absolute joke, even paying the 10k a year......

you are just being an absolute moron....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Every other Western democracy has a single payer system and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because a single payer system has inherent cost savings. Do a little reading on the subject.

2. Sensible handgun control will make the country safer. Most gun deaths are acts of passion with people killing themselves or a family member.

3. We will never leave Iraq? Are we still in Vietnam?

4. Energy conservation has already lowered the price of gas, and there is so much more that can be done. We waste a lot of energy. Alternative energy is already here, we just need to use it. It is being held up by the oil companies and people who vote Republican.

Why would I need a handout? I made $20,000 last month, and the only government check I have ever received was that tax rebate this summer.

How much is your monthly government check by the way?

Or go to a charity hospital. We have many, and they are very accomodating.

we do not have Charity hospitals in my region of maine, and less than a handful, if that, in all of maine, however, our regular hospitals gives free charity healthcare to a single person if they make less than 11k gross a year and to a couple if they make less than 14k a year and to a family of 3 if they make less than 17k a year.....someone making 19k is shit out of luck though...and 19k is what the median income is in maine for men and 17k is the median income for women, so no help for the most and they CERTAINLY do not make enough to pay for a 10k a year, crappy healthcare policy....

something is wrong with our health care system, to deny such is being blind imho....it needs FIXING, so that people can afford to pay for it themselves....i don't think that is something unreasonable to expect....i am not a universal health care, gung ho type person, but i do recognize, that it needs fixing, state by state has their own issues.....

care

you obviously DID NOT look in to the SO CALLED affordable insurance plans you put up there for us....just the first link would cost a couple OVER $10K A YEAR AND THE COVERAGE, even with buying in to the BEST PLAN they offer, covers such a MINISCULE AMOUNT, like you only get ONE diagnostic test a year paid for out of a list of about 10, so i would have to choose between a pap smear or a mamogram or a colonoscopy etc because they will only pay for one....

then you have to buy additional RX coverage which then makes you pay 52% of the cost of the drugs....and offers you 25k in a year, critical care....which critical care is about 25k in just one day....

A JOKE, an absolute joke, even paying the 10k a year......

you are just being an absolute moron....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you want cheap that pays for everything no matter what? Funny... it does not work that way... things COST MONEY.... and any company is NOT going to want to take in less than what it pays out....

As an employee, just for myself (my kids are on my ex's plan), I pay over $200 a month.... and that is with employed contribution etc as a BENEFIT for me actually WORKING for what I receive

And you think socialized or 'universal' healthcare will cost LESS per person in the US? Maybe if you do like England and have wait lists of 3 years for hip replacement.. or like in Canada where they have a LOW doctor per capita number and have doctors flocking to the US... or try and tell doctors that they can only make so much per year, driving them actually AWAY from the profession.... not to mention the overhead and red tape of a government bureaucracy

You want something and you think it is valuable and important? It is going to cost you and you DAMN WELL will find a way to pay for it....

you think you or anyone else is OWED something for nothing? you think horse collaring the medical professions and business will result in having good care remaining for all? You are the moron...

So you want cheap that pays for everything no matter what? Funny... it does not work that way... things COST MONEY.... and any company is NOT going to want to take in less than what it pays out....

As an employee, just for myself (my kids are on my ex's plan), I pay over $200 a month.... and that is with employed contribution etc as a BENEFIT for me actually WORKING for what I receive

And you think socialized or 'universal' healthcare will cost LESS per person in the US? Maybe if you do like England and have wait lists of 3 years for hip replacement.. or like in Canada where they have a LOW doctor per capita number and have doctors flocking to the US... or try and tell doctors that they can only make so much per year, driving them actually AWAY from the profession.... not to mention the overhead and red tape of a government bureaucracy

You want something and you think it is valuable and important? It is going to cost you and you DAMN WELL will find a way to pay for it....

you think you or anyone else is OWED something for nothing? you think horse collaring the medical professions and business will result in having good care remaining for all? You are the moron...

More lies....

Mythbusting Canadian Health Care -- Part I | OurFuture.org

1. Every other Western democracy has a single payer system and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because a single payer system has inherent cost savings. Do a little reading on the subject.

2. Sensible handgun control will make the country safer. Most gun deaths are acts of passion with people killing themselves or a family member.

3. We will never leave Iraq? Are we still in Vietnam?

4. Energy conservation has already lowered the price of gas, and there is so much more that can be done. We waste a lot of energy. Alternative energy is already here, we just need to use it. It is being held up by the oil companies and people who vote Republican.

Why would I need a handout? I made $20,000 last month, and the only government check I have ever received was that tax rebate this summer.

How much is your monthly government check by the way?

You are the biggest moron, swallowing the liberal propaganda hook, line, and sinker

1) See wait lists in England and the doctors per capita in Canada, you putz... and do you think capping what a doctor or a drug inventor can make will keep advances going and the best quality people in the field? You are SOOOOOO wrong... shit is cheaper than steak, it is not like I want to pay less to eat it. And your socialized healthcare systems are complete SHIT.
2)Background checks for people are great. We don't want criminals or the mentally ill going up and buying a gun from WalMart... but taking the guns out of the hands of the law abiding with empower nobody but the criminals, making none of us safer...
3) Did we have victory in Vietnam , or like now did we have the hippy left pressuring for exit? Every successful and victorious overseas war, we have a presence left in that country (No, I really don't count Grenada)
4) Energy conservation has not caused the recent price drop.. .AT ALL... maybe you should actually do some research instead of assuming your dream is reality

I get no monthly check from any government agency.... and I received no 'stimulus' check either.... I work and earn my living, as I always have

Forum List

Back