Michelle Obama violates election law by campaigning inside polling place

Revere

Rookie
Jan 23, 2010
Watching you in my profile page
"Keep her husband's agenda going."

Sounds like "keep the revolution" going.

Chavez.

DRUDGE: MICHELLE CAMPAIGNED INSIDE POLLING PLACE?

MICHELLE CAMPAIGNED INSIDE POLLING PLACE?
Thu Oct 14 2010 16:19:25 ET

First lady Michelle Obama may have violated Illinois law today -- when she engaged in political discussion while casting an early ballot in Chicago!

Obama stopped off at the Martin Luther King Center on the South Side to vote and, afterward, to chat with fellow voters.

"She was telling me how important it was to vote to keep her husband's agenda going," said Dennis Campbell, 56.

Illinois state law -- Sec. 17-29 (a) -- says "No judge of election, pollwatcher, or other person shall, at any primary or election, do any electioneering or soliciting of votes or engage in any political discussion within any polling place, within 100 feet of any polling place."

MORE

Laws, regulations, and rules are for the Little People.

Chavez.

First lady Michelle Obama may have violated Illinois law today -- when she engaged in political discussion while casting an early ballot in Chicago!

Obama stopped off at the Martin Luther King Center on the South Side to vote and, afterward, to chat with fellow voters.

"She was telling me how important it was to vote to keep her husband's agenda going," said Dennis Campbell, 56.

Illinois state law -- Sec. 17-29 (a) -- says "No judge of election, pollwatcher, or other person shall, at any primary or election, do any electioneering or soliciting of votes or engage in any political discussion within any polling place, within 100 feet of any polling place."

MORE
LMAO!!!.......Just shows how dumb she is and she's suppose to be a lawyer. This is breaking on Drudge and all over. Put her in Jail now.

It will be excused......and anyone who questions her will be painted as an irrational, hate filled, tea-bagging, RACIST!!!!
OBAMA LOVERS said:
"She was just making conversation."
"He was an over eager supporter. She didn't want to be rude."
"What is, is? "
:clap2::clap2:

Last edited:

Chavez.

MORE

Thank you for letting me know this.

Now...what am I supposed to do with it?

I think it was just a DUMB but HONEST mistake.

Perhaps, and I don't see it as a huge issue. However, ignorance in the eyes of the law is no excuse. I do think trying to make it into a big deal will just serve to distract from more important things to bitch about.

Perhaps, and I don't see it as a huge issue. However, ignorance in the eyes of the law is no excuse. I do think trying to make it into a big deal will just serve to distract from more important things to bitch about.

I totally agree. Its not as if she was in there for no good reason to begin with. I can see how people would be excited to in there with her and she just started talking.

Honest mistake but not something worth nailing her to the mast over.

I totally agree. Its not as if she was in there for no good reason to begin with. I can see how people would be excited to in there with her and she just started talking.

Honest mistake but not something worth nailing her to the mast over.

It's up to the election judge in that polling place. Some are total Nazis when it comes to the no electioneering rules, some don't really enforce them for voters so long as it's not a poll worker or other person there to campaign without casting a ballot.

Not you guys obviously, but anyone who has a real problem with it should go talk to the election judge and tell him or her to toss the First lady from their polling place next time. And good luck. /shrug

Christ you guys are desperate.

No i dont think its desperate. Its politics. If laura bush had done it, it would have had the same effect.

I can gu-ran-tee, If Laura Bush had spoken to someone in a polling place about GW. Bush, I wouldn't have my panties in a wad. Such a non-issue. With all the problems facing America, are we really giving a shit about what Michelle Obama said to someone in a polling place? :eusa_eh:

Christ you guys are desperate.

No i dont think its desperate. Its politics. If laura bush had done it, it would have had the same effect.

I can gu-ran-tee, If Laura Bush had spoken to someone in a polling place about GW. Bush, I wouldn't have my panties in a wad. Such a non-issue. With all the problems facing America, are we really giving a shit about what Michelle Obama said to someone in a polling place? :eusa_eh:

You may not have had your panties in a bunch...but i bet good money someone would would have had them twisted up their ass. Take truthmatters for an example :lol:

Actually, it is a big deal. No one should be influencing the process of voting. :)

You may not have had your panties in a bunch...but i bet good money someone would would have had them twisted up their ass. Take truthmatters for an example :lol:

Actually, it is a big deal. No one should be influencing the process of voting. :)

I agree with you actually. I make the little old ladies take off their campaign buttons and everything in my polling place. But again, the election judge is the one who has to take that in hand - do you really think they're going to tell the First Lady, any First Lady, to shut up?

Forum List

Back