Michelle Obama has worked....for 300K !

As the chronology of the posts shows, the OP misleadingly asserted that the First Lady was getting all types of sweetheart and near no-show jobs based on nepotism and patronage. When I produced information proving that wasn't the case, you then kept reiterating that she was being paid outrageous salaries for short periods of work. But since I produced information proving that wasn't not the case, you now change your tune again and bitch that YOU just don't like the fact that she got paid $100k for being an executive director at a hospital!

So when all is said and done, YOU and your moronic minions just don't like the FACT that the First Lady had the brains to be an executive and receive executive salaries that WHEN EXAMINED WERE NOT OUTRAGEOUSLY EXCESSIVE.

Bottom line: Michelle has worked for a salary and was part of the process to determine the salaries of other employees. Mrs. Romney has NEVER worked for a salary since getting married....so for Mitt to use her as a ruler for the working American woman is a joke.

Deal with it, chump.

Well, no.

You will be the one dealing with it (along with all your liberal friends).

That you actually try to spin this as not being a sweet-heart deal is incredible.

But America seems to buy this kind of crap all the time. Look at all the tax dodgers he puts on his staff....and keeps.

Not to mention Van Jones.

316K...all that matters.

All that matters is FactCheck.org PROVED the contentions of the OP to be MISLEADING AT BEST, DEAD WRONG AT WORST.

Learn to READ, genius....the $317k was CUMULATIVE, NOT LUMP-SUM.

But neocon/teabagger parrots can't handle details....they just take a big number or headline, kiss Rove's/Limbaughs/Murdoch's/Moon's/Armey's ass, and run with it.

Run, my non-LISTENING little parrot, RUN! :badgrin:

Buh-bye!

It may have been cumulative, but what does that have to do with this?

She went from earning $121,910 in 2004 as an executive director at the hospital to making $316,962 in 2005 as a vice president, according to tax returns filed by the Obamas for those years.

She got paid $316,962 in one year according to the IRS. Perhaps it was cumulative in January, June and July, but the facts are what they are.

After Barack Obama became an Illinois state legislator, his wife moved up as well, scoring a job as 'vice president of community relations' at the University Of Chicago Hospital for a very generous salary of $121,910. When Obama became a senator in 2005, her 'salary' leapfrogged to $$316,962 for the same job...and one of Senator Obama's first acts in office was to see to it that the hospital received over a million dollars of your tax dollars as an earmark.

Well, Michelle has moved on,and guess what...that vital job of hers,worth a salary of over $300 K has been quietly eliminated.

It's the Chicago Way, cushy no-show jobs in exchange for political patronage...fist bump.

Of course, she had to work twice as hard to get half as far. She said so, so it must be true.

Michelle Obama's $300K "Job" at Hospital Eliminated (Obama earmark kickback)

At first I thought this just happened.

But a little looking seemed to show this happened right after she left.

Speaking of "left"....is there any reason they don't see this as suspicious ?

I'm betting no.

I wonder when Mitt brings this one up....cause if he does not....someone will.

No wonder Obama want's spoused off-limits. His is going to be a real liability.

Next, we'll check on Valerie Jarrett's slum projects.

So, you're evidence is a link to another message board, a post by an anonymous person. Gee, I'm convinced.

BTW, I know a guy whose ex-wife told him her little brother had dinner with a gal he met in a bar. And she told the little brother that her stepsister had a one night stand with a taxi driver who heard from one of his fares that Mitt Romney has five other wives and 26 children.

After Barack Obama became an Illinois state legislator, his wife moved up as well, scoring a job as 'vice president of community relations' at the University Of Chicago Hospital for a very generous salary of $121,910. When Obama became a senator in 2005, her 'salary' leapfrogged to $$316,962 for the same job...and one of Senator Obama's first acts in office was to see to it that the hospital received over a million dollars of your tax dollars as an earmark.

Well, Michelle has moved on,and guess what...that vital job of hers,worth a salary of over $300 K has been quietly eliminated.

It's the Chicago Way, cushy no-show jobs in exchange for political patronage...fist bump.

Of course, she had to work twice as hard to get half as far. She said so, so it must be true.

I'm betting no.

So, you're evidence is a link to another message board, a post by an anonymous person. Gee, I'm convinced.

BTW, I know a guy whose ex-wife told him her little brother had dinner with a gal he met in a bar. And she told the little brother that her stepsister had a one night stand with a taxi driver who heard from one of his fares that Mitt Romney has five other wives and 26 children.

Sorry.....I guess you missed the posts and links that followed. BTW: did you read TCLiberals weak attempt at useing FACTCHECK......

It shows her salary to be just what we said......

I know nothing about the claim she made this working part time. This states she made it working full time, but that she made it and and she made 280 K the next year.

Michelle Obama had been promoted in 2005 to vice president for community and external affairs after three years as the executive director for community affairs. It’s true, as the e-mail (and National Review column) says, that she received a sizable pay raise that year. She went from earning $121,910 in 2004 as an executive director at the hospital to making $316,962 in 2005 as a vice president, according to tax returns filed by the Obamas for those years. But the suggestion made by the email’s author – and not made by the National Review – that she was being paid more than $300,000 for a "20 hour a week job" is not true.

University of Chicago Medical Center spokesman John Easton said Mrs. Obama didn’t reduce her work schedule from full time to part time until 2007 when it became clear that her husband would run for president. "As she reduced her hours, beginning early in 2007, her salary decreased proportionately," Easton told us in an e-mail. "She switched to half time shortly before her husband formally announced his campaign, then to 20% later that year and to 0% in 2008."

In fact, Mrs. Obama’s income in 2006, a year after her promotion, had decreased to $273,618. And for 2007 (the year she actually started working part-time), her income was $103,633, according to the couple’s tax return for that year. She took an "unpaid leave of absence to work on her husband’s presidential campaign" in 2008, but still received $62,709 from the hospital. However, Easton noted that her final reported salary "consists of accumulated but unused vacation time plus the final payout from a supplemental executive retirement plan."

FactCheck.org : Michelle Obama’s Salary

The only thing misleading in the FACTCHECK article is that idiot from the hospital itself. Somehow his word on other matters is explantion enough. I'll let people be the judge of that .

She did make 300 K in 2005 and made 275 K in 2006. She made 100 K working part time in 2007.

She really knows working people's pain.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm betting no.

Of course it was a payoff. Most of the wives of politicians in this state - both parties- get cushy private sector jobs.

Although I'd have to ask the question if the "leapfrogging" you are talking about was just how much the job pay increased between 1997 and 2004. I know my salary increased quite a bit between 1997 and 2004.

Of course, nobody really attacked "Stepford Ann", but you guys can all pretend you are defending her honor.

Liberals whine about Romney making millions investing in companies and helping them grow, but they ignore a lib politician's wife making $300K being a glorified consultant.

Of course, she wasn't paid that much for access to her husband's votes.....

What sensible people (not just liberals) complain about is that Romney made millions looting companies and sticking the rest of us with the bag.

For instance, in AmPad, he laid of thousands, saddled the company with 400 million in debt that someone had to eat, and it wasn't Bain Capital.

With GS Steel, he took millions in profits, laid hundreds off, and stuck the Federal Pension Fund with a 44 million dollar bill.

We can also talk about how he got the FDIC to forigive millions in bad debt for banks Bain took over.

And if you look at the job description it was pretty much nonsense and she only worked 20 hours a week. And after she left, the hospital said they would not fill the position.

i think the fauxrage on this thread is hysterical.

ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

And if you look at the job description it was pretty much nonsense and she only worked 20 hours a week. And after she left, the hospital said they would not fill the position.

She was hired so that her husband would get the hospital a million dollars in government money. She did the job she was hired to do.

SO?

Sounds like a bit of "wealth envy" to me, man.

Incidently, I think the cozy relationships between business and politics in this state are wrong, and the simple thing would be to have full disclosure and require politicians to recuse themselves from any actions their relatives might benefit from.

She was hired so that her husband would get the hospital a million dollars in government money. She did the job she was hired to do.

I would have to question the legality of that. It certainly isn't ethical.

I would have to question the legality of that. It certainly isn't ethical.

It is the equivalent of a kickback, which is not legal.

I'm betting no.

I thought she had a job as an extra on the set of star wars.
images

Michelle Obama has worked....for 300K !

And, Ann Romney stayed home for a hell of a lot more.

Good for the First Lady for coming from very humble beginning (raised in a one bedroom apartment by working parents), good for her for earning her education and good for her for using her talents to help kids, vets, vets families.

And, yes, of course I understand that rw's hate her for that. Tough shit.

Forum List

Back