Michelle Obama: “Eat Less and Send Me the Money”

JoeB. "logic" here - the company that gave him maximum raises for 6 years not only owes him a job for life, but when times are tough, they should keep him on so the entire company goes under and everybody loses their job.

By the way, it's always easy to be the head coach while sitting in the cheap seats. If running is a business is so fucking easy, why don't you do it and stop bitching about being unemployed?!?!

Actually, I've been employed somewhere else for the last four years. Picked up a new job two weeks after losing that one. As opposed to my brown-nosing rival. When she got canned after the ass she was kissing left, she was out of work for two years. I eventually helped her get a job through my contacts in my resume side business. See, I'm like that. I had no reason to help this woman and a lot of reasons to not like her. But every once in a while, I have to remember I'm better than my enemies.

We knew we had a problem from day one in teh cheap seats. We knew that at the volume they were buying, they could buy direct from manufacturer and not screw with our 30% markup that management insisted on keeping despite sales begging them to lower it.

But they didn't listen to the buyers. They didn't listen to the sales people. They didn't listen to the Customer service folks, all of whom were screaming the customer needed more attention.

Nope, they knew everything. They said, "Don't worry that the 3 year contract has expired, and they aren't even talking to us about a new one."

Case in point, the customer in question merged with a rival company, and beause the rival company had to keep all their people, they got put in a lot of positions of importance. Their first goal was to get rid of us. Where they sent out e-mails deriding us as a "broker" instead of an inventory management company. And nope, nope, said Management... they can't live without us...

Now, if we had this level of ineptitude when I was in the military, someone would have gotten demoted or fragged. It's when I snicker whenever I hear the brownnosers talk about how much smarter management is.

First of all, nobody OWES you shit. Second, you were probaby a BAD WORKER (apparent with your entitlement attitude)....

Yes, only the bosses are "entitled", and if you brownnose all day, some day they may let you have scraps from their table, little doggie...

Maybe you should change your name to Poodle.

Found just the picture for you, too.

weird-poodle-haircuts08.jpg

What are you, 9 years old? Lame begging jokes and a picture of a dog? Seriously - that is the best you have? You have all the wit of Terry Schiavo at the end of her life.... :lol:

JoeB. "logic" here - the company that gave him maximum raises for 6 years not only owes him a job for life, but when times are tough, they should keep him on so the entire company goes under and everybody loses their job.

By the way, it's always easy to be the head coach while sitting in the cheap seats. If running is a business is so fucking easy, why don't you do it and stop bitching about being unemployed?!?!

Actually, I've been employed somewhere else for the last four years. Picked up a new job two weeks after losing that one. As opposed to my brown-nosing rival. When she got canned after the ass she was kissing left, she was out of work for two years. I eventually helped her get a job through my contacts in my resume side business. See, I'm like that. I had no reason to help this woman and a lot of reasons to not like her. But every once in a while, I have to remember I'm better than my enemies.

We knew we had a problem from day one in teh cheap seats. We knew that at the volume they were buying, they could buy direct from manufacturer and not screw with our 30% markup that management insisted on keeping despite sales begging them to lower it.

But they didn't listen to the buyers. They didn't listen to the sales people. They didn't listen to the Customer service folks, all of whom were screaming the customer needed more attention.

Nope, they knew everything. They said, "Don't worry that the 3 year contract has expired, and they aren't even talking to us about a new one."

Case in point, the customer in question merged with a rival company, and beause the rival company had to keep all their people, they got put in a lot of positions of importance. Their first goal was to get rid of us. Where they sent out e-mails deriding us as a "broker" instead of an inventory management company. And nope, nope, said Management... they can't live without us...

Now, if we had this level of ineptitude when I was in the military, someone would have gotten demoted or fragged. It's when I snicker whenever I hear the brownnosers talk about how much smarter management is.

JoeB. definition of "brown noser": (verb) Someone who shows up everyday and does their job to the best of their ability

Funny thing Joe - for all of your insight, why didn't you quit, start your own job, and put your former company out of business? You know, since you know it all.

my god are you ever pretentious

JoeB. definition of "brown noser": (verb) Someone who shows up everyday and does their job to the best of their ability

Funny thing Joe - for all of your insight, why didn't you quit, start your own job, and put your former company out of business? You know, since you know it all.

Well, the lack of millions of dollars in capital would be one reason.

Of course, the guys who actually did that with this company retired a long time ago. What we had were the Oedipal Wrecks, the idiot sons who take over the company and had no idea what they were doing.

Incidently, what I define as a brown-noser is the one telling an insecure boss how great he is all day. The people who show up and work hard aren't the ones who get noticed, they are the ones who move on to other, better paying jobs due to neglect. (Something I have done more than once BTW... and they never saw it coming.)

This one annoys me because I invested more time (It was a pretty good gig) and because, oh, yeah, they broke the law in firing me. And if I were a real prick, I could have easily sued them. Just show my medical bills and my 6 awesome reviews.....

Again, I'm not changing sides because of the last war, I'm doing it for the next war. Because I realize, yeah, I'm 50, and older workers have a harder time than younger workers.

BUt I am glad I'm living rent free in your head... you and Dave...

Naw, I just think it's hilarous you are following me around after I told you not to PM me...

It's almost like you don't have any friends...

Oh wait. It is like you don't have any friends.
Still making spurious charges you can't back up, I see.

What a whiny little bitch you are. :lmao:

Just an FYI Daveman - JoeB. hates facts. I mean, he really, truly, hates facts with a deep seething hatred. He's all about Nazi propaganda, and when you destroy him with facts, he gets really pissy. Facts make it harder to implement his communist ideology.
Oh, no, Joe likes facts -- but only the ones he makes up.

Still making spurious charges you can't back up, I see.

What a whiny little bitch you are. :lmao:

Just an FYI Daveman - JoeB. hates facts. I mean, he really, truly, hates facts with a deep seething hatred. He's all about Nazi propaganda, and when you destroy him with facts, he gets really pissy. Facts make it harder to implement his communist ideology.

I think you should go to a dictionary and look up the word "fact", Corky, you seem to be a bit unclear on the concept.

Oh, you mean facts like "Dave is a racist but I refuse to prove it because I can't"?

Those kind of facts?

If you're so smart, why don't you have your own company? Why are you still an employee?

Because I don't believe the bullshit your side says. You really think they're for you? They're concerned about you? They want what's best for you?

Sucker!!

Well, more than the Asshole Boss who let me go from my last job because I ran up too many medical bills on their insurance.

Not saying the Democrats are my friends, necessarily, but the Insurance companies and corporations are definitely my enemy.

And the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
There is simply no way an employing company that provides an insurance plan for an employee suffers any consequences for a beneficiary making too many claims, unless of course there is fraud involved, and the insurance company has some proof that it is chronic within that group, and the entire group is coming under scrutiny for falso applications, etc. which would not be the same as you are suggesting. A chronically ill patient, no matter the cost of treatments, is a stand alone situation.

Maybe your illness was slopping over into your work and attitude with others who worked there. An insurance company would be open to all sorts of class action suits as well as action by the state insurance commissioner if they practiced such as you are suggesting.

Last edited:
If you're so smart, why don't you have your own company? Why are you still an employee?

Isn't that like asking a rape victim why she doesn't go out, buy a big strap on, and go around raping other people herself.. If I think the behavior is unacceptable, it's not because I want to go out and participate in it... I'm sorry this isn't clear to you.

(Incidently, I do own my own company. Just got a W-9 issued.)

Isn't that like asking a rape victim why she doesn't go out, buy a big strap on, and go around raping other people herself..
No, it's not, you idiot.
If I think the behavior is unacceptable, it's not because I want to go out and participate in it... I'm sorry this isn't clear to you.
You do know, right, if you're the boss, you get to make the rules? You don't HAVE to use the rules you were under when you were an employee?

Right?

So your objection is baseless.
Congratulations. How many people are you planning to employ?

Isn't that like asking a rape victim why she doesn't go out, buy a big strap on, and go around raping other people herself..
No, it's not, you idiot.
If I think the behavior is unacceptable, it's not because I want to go out and participate in it... I'm sorry this isn't clear to you.
You do know, right, if you're the boss, you get to make the rules? You don't HAVE to use the rules you were under when you were an employee?

Right?

Just little old me.. I've actually been doing this for three years, I just felt I needed to get a W-9 to keep things straight.

But to the point, uh, no, we as a society tell companies all the time that their behavior is unacceptable.

We have safety laws and environmental laws and EO laws... mostly because a lot of crappy bosses are out there.

And that's kind of the point, really. If bosses were perfect, we wouldn't need an OSHA, we wouldn't need an EEOC, we wouldn't need Unions. We would need the law that tells a boss that he can't fire an employee because he ran up too many medical bills.

Good people wouldn't pull that shit.

This is why I use the "Strap on" comparison. The way to fix things is to let the bad actors know their behavior is unacceptable... not to engage in the bad behavior ourselves and see who comes out on top.

No, it's not, you idiot.

Right?

Just little old me.. I've actually been doing this for three years, I just felt I needed to get a W-9 to keep things straight.

But to the point, uh, no, we as a society tell companies all the time that their behavior is unacceptable.

We have safety laws and environmental laws and EO laws... mostly because a lot of crappy bosses are out there.

And that's kind of the point, really. If bosses were perfect, we wouldn't need an OSHA, we wouldn't need an EEOC, we wouldn't need Unions. We would need the law that tells a boss that he can't fire an employee because he ran up too many medical bills.

Good people wouldn't pull that shit.

This is why I use the "Strap on" comparison. The way to fix things is to let the bad actors know their behavior is unacceptable... not to engage in the bad behavior ourselves and see who comes out on top.
So you still claim you're unable to treat your employees well, because society pressures you to treat them badly.

You're worthless and weak.

[
So you still claim you're unable to treat your employees well, because society pressures you to treat them badly.

Where did I say that?

Oh, never mind... I don't even want to think about where your mind goes...

I do think there are decent companies out there. I've even worked for a few of them.

But I think there are also some really dickheads out there, which is why we need strict government regulation and strong unions.

[

Where did I say that?

Oh, never mind... I don't even want to think about where your mind goes...
You would have to be able to think.
I do think there are decent companies out there. I've even worked for a few of them.

But I think there are also some really dickheads out there, which is why we need strict government regulation and strong unions.
We HAVE strict government regulation. And we don't need unions -- unless you need someone to protect the incompetent and lazy.

As has been pointed out, it really sounds like you believe you're entitled to employment for life.

We HAVE strict government regulation. And we don't need unions -- unless you need someone to protect the incompetent and lazy.

As has been pointed out, it really sounds like you believe you're entitled to employment for life.

As far as I'm concerned, lazy and incompetant employess usually reflect bad management.

All unions do is protect workers from being scapegoats.

As far as I'm concerned, lazy and incompetant employess usually reflect bad management.

All unions do is protect workers from being scapegoats.
Spoken like a true lazy and incompetent worker. :clap2:

Forum List

Back