Michelle Obama Continues to Increase the Government’s Role in Parenting

I thought the goal of the US education system was to educate kids, not to feed them. Silly me.

Even the so-called "need based" free and reduced priced school lunches is kind of ridiculous since anybody that qualifies for those programs already qualifies for EBT and thus, is already getting government assistance to feed their children.
Can you say "double dipping"?

our scholl district is providing free dental care in some cases

I guess they want to make sure the poor kids have enough teeth to chew the free meals they are getting.

All I can say is unbelievable.

links in article at site

SNIP:

Sasha and Malia apparently aren’t enough for Michelle Obama. She wants to mother our children, too. That’s the only conclusion that can be reached when observing the First Lady’s campaign to decrease parents’ role in raising their children.

Obama’s latest method of gaining more control is through school food nutrition standards. Noting that home-packed lunches aren’t up to the First Lady’s standards, the government is making school meals free for all, regardless of income, as part of a four-state pilot program that begins this fall.

Given our penchant for free stuff, parents will be walking right into the trap. But never fear, the media cheers. The Muskegon (Mich.) Chronicle reports:

“Muskegon parents can put the peanut butter back on the shelf and the bologna sandwiches back in the refrigerator, because this year breakfast and lunch will be served free to all student.’

More disturbing than the cost of this unnecessary program is the way Obama is further cutting parents out of the picture and hijacking their critical role. We constantly hear from bureaucrats and government school apologists who say parents aren’t involved enough. Their solution? Decrease parental responsibility even more. By encouraging free government lunches for all students, Michelle Obama is creating a situation that will increase government interference in family life and take a major responsibility away from parents.

But, hey, why worry about Johnny’s lunch when Uncle Sam is taking care of it?

all of it here
Michelle Obama Continues to Increase the Government

I take it you're in favor of obese children getting type 2 diabetes. Show your patriotism and have another Chick-Fil-A and dangle that flab under your arms. To you, that would be the American thing to do.

weak argument Dick....what the kid stuffs his face with at home is where the real damage is done.....you know like that bowl of Sugar in the morning......sitting in front of the TV with chips and a can of sugar....maybe 2......and whatever high fat stuff is served at Dinnertime.....and does the kid eat seconds?.....

Im really sure the parents care that the school is providing a free lunch...its a pilot program, not a national mandate....yawn...

Forum List

Back