Michelle Obama-"all this just for a flag"

From article:

"
The internet was buzzing this week with [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcehz0nd1kE&"]video[/ame] of First Lady Michelle Obama apparently showing extreme disrespect to the American flag at a ceremony in honor of the victims of the September 11, 2001 terror attacks. As police and firefighters fold the flag to the sound of marching bagpipers, a skeptical looking Mrs. Obama leans to her husband and appears to say, “all this just for a flag.” She then purses her lips and shakes her head slightly as Mr. Obama nods."

"Just for a flag? If that is what she said it is regrettable. Even with all her years being around those who hold high public office Mrs. Obama does not seem to understand the purpose and importance of ceremonies. They reaffirm the bonds of loyalty and fellowship that cement our national unity. Yes, at one level a flag is just a colorful piece of cloth. But it symbolizes much more."

Read more: TRR: Michelle Obama: “All This Just For a Flag” - Washington Times TRR: Michelle Obama:
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

What she really said was "Mitt Romney is such a fag"

As did I, go ahead and fuck the flag.. By all means set it on fire and call me a baby killer. Predictions have found that a grenade will fit perfectly up that ass, and blow your bullshit clear out the top of your head.

REAL soldiers are fighting for our right to burn a flag if we choose to. REAL soldiers are fighting for our free speech. You threatening what they have died for with a grenade up the ass makes you a psychopath and undeserving of the respect I give REAL soldiers.

North Korea is that way. ------->

His post is precisely why I don't just call anyone who serves in the armed forces a "Hero." Clearly he doesn't get it; thinks he's in some elevated stature that allows him to berate the very people he was supposedly willing to die for.

I have family that fought in every American war from the Civil War through Vietnam, and none of them acted like this prick did.

Here's a clue for you Sgt. Shitbrick, my tax dollars paid for your service too. I am thankful that we have people willing to defend us, but you don't get to circumvent anyone's first amendment rights for it.

Way to not get it at all, Dummy.

Dismissed.

YOU get this straight; my oath was to the constitution,not you, your party, or the American people. That constitution does give you the right to burn the flag, disrepect the flag, or desecrate the flag, without the government arresting you and hauling you off to the gulag. However, that same constitution gives any other American, (combat vets included), the right to criticize, censure and rebuke you for such and act, and to tell you and everyone else how we feel about you doing it. In plain English, you cannot use your "first amendment rights" as an excuse to deny others the right to condemn your actions, and point out how disgusting and disrespectful those acts are, and to say that we find those who commit those acts to be a poor excuse for an American. Likewise, when a president or his wife disrespect the flag, we have the right to question their patriotism, and to suggest that it might be a good idea to vote such people OUT of the White House (which after all, belongs to us, too.

You Leftist democrats seem to think you have some sort of monopoly on constitutional rights; YOU can exercise yours, while denying them to others. THAT most definitely is NOT what I fought for. Incidentally, I note that while I was fighting in the jungles of Vietnam, your hippie progenitors were waving the flag of the enemy in America's streets. Why don't you take a guess what most of us who were there thought of that, along with the draft-card burning cowards, and the craven traitors who ran off to Canada. Yes, they have a right to have done that, and I and other vets have the right to go to our graves hating the cowardly scumbags, along with their biological, philosophical and intellectual progeny, and their poisonous agenda.

Forum List

Back