Michelle Claims Fat Kids Are A National Security Threat

101213_michelle_obama_letsmove_ap_605.jpg

Michelle is losing her mind.

Now she's saying that because only 1 in 4 kids in the US can qualify for the military this has become a threat to National Security.

“Military leaders … tell us that when more than one in four young people are unqualified for military service because of their weight,” the first lady says in the prepared remarks, “childhood obesity isn’t just a public health threat, it’s not just an economic threat, it’s a national security threat as well."

Now I've heard everything.

Call it one of those unintended consequences of the Nanny State.

Kids aren't allowed to run around and play like they did when I was growing up so now we've got kids that are getting by on Monster drinks just to keep from being bored to death.

After sitting around the house for hours on end in the summer kids get fat. Many parents won't allow them out on their own. School buses have to drop kids off mere feet from their doorstep. It's all just a side-effect of the Nanny State this country has immersed itself in.

I've felt for quite some time that all of this coddling that goes on is only going to make kids unable to cope with life but military life is out of the question folks. Our pampered kids won't be able to handle the culture-shock they will experience. It doesn't matter if they're out of shape or not.

LINK

This is a power and control grab. She knows nothing can be done by the government that will make kids lose weight. Just another way to spend a few billion dollars....:cuckoo:

You mean like Nancy Reagan's "Just say no" campaign?

Demonizing fat kids aint the way to get them healthy. Ever see how they are treated in pee wee games? Do people make fun of fat ladies at the gym? Who would want to go out and play when no one likes them? Yes we've got a problem. But calling chubbies a national security risk doesn't seem to be such a "compassionate" tactic. I've said this many times on this board. No one gets bullied more than overweight kids. So how about adding more fuel to the fire, eh? Errrr!

Worked in my day.

Now she's saying that because only 1 in 4 kids in the US can qualify for the military this has become a threat to National Security.

Kids aren't allowed to run around and play like they did when I was growing up so now we've got kids that are getting by on Monster drinks just to keep from being bored to death.

After sitting around the house for hours on end in the summer kids get fat. Many parents won't allow them out on their own. School buses have to drop kids off mere feet from their doorstep. It's all just a side-effect of the Nanny State this country has immersed itself in.

I've felt for quite some time that all of this coddling that goes on is only going to make kids unable to cope with life but military life is out of the question folks. Our pampered kids won't be able to handle the culture-shock they will experience. It doesn't matter if they're out of shape or not.

LINK

This is a power and control grab. She knows nothing can be done by the government that will make kids lose weight. Just another way to spend a few billion dollars....:cuckoo:

Beat me to it.

LINK

I knew that was lame, too. :lol:

Typical Obamas=classless

It's none of the Obama's or the government's fucking business how parents raise their children.

Schools in NJ are waiving the Phys Ed requirement for certain groups of kids. Too many not graduating because they are too lazy to put on a pair of sneakers. Sad but true. Graduation rates are the end all.

Whatever happened to the 'President's Council On Physical Fitness' we had when I was in school and you strived to be recognized through that competition? When I was in 6th grade? The last week of school for us was surrounded by these competitions.

I won a few myself. Does it even exist any longer?:eusa_think:

Yes it does, we still do it at our school.

But that's run by the government, isn't it?

President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition

And you know? That's fine...And it encourages competition...physical fitness. And actually? There's nothing wrong with that. Sound Mind and body do wonders...

But what Ms. Obama is doing I think is going the opposite direction...and making victims outta these kids...

Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010.

What she decries and the name of the ACT are a contradiction...If kids are so fat as she says? HOW on Earth can they be hungry?

From her remarks:

"“From educators working to provide healthier school meals, because they know the connection between proper nutrition and academic performance..."

Notice there is nothing about getting off their asses and exercising?

There is a difference between encouraging exercising, and being critical of how parents raise their children.

“Military leaders … tell us that when more than one in four young people are unqualified for military service because of their weight,” the first lady says in the prepared remarks, “childhood obesity isn’t just a public health threat, it’s not just an economic threat, it’s a national security threat as well."

LINK
look at all the overweight Moms in the Picture......what does that say?....

What??

I've met Jack Lalane..and he was one of the first people advocating against red meat. He's always been very much into nutrition. I watched his show from time to time. He was also a pioneer in fitness in general.

just because you dont eat red meat does not mean you wont get fat Sallow....Richard Simmons once said.....Eat to live....dont live to eat.....

It's not the governments job to teach kids or parents anything.
a lot of blame should go to the food industry.....look at the foods they promote for little kids.....Sugar up the ying yang....loaded with fat.....obesity and diabetes are up dramatically....which in turn brings on other health problems.....especially when older.....little kids like sweet things.....if Mom and Dad wont regulate their kids,who dont know better....who should?....there is nothing wrong with the Govt promoting good health to its citizens with public service messages......they did it with drugs and Forrest fires.....no one was bitching then....if the first lady wants to get out there and promote good health....good for her......Bush's wife did it with illiteracy....Nancy Reagan said just say no.....they all seemed to have their little projects.....im for ANYTHING that in the long run is good for this Nation....people staying healthy,Diabetes being beat back......good for everyone=good for the Country....

The problem is primarily conservative fat asses who think they have no responsiblity to their country at all. They can get as fat and sloppy as they want..and if the ticker goes..welp..that's when the government comes in and picks up the check.

Obesity is a very real and acute problem in this country. I look at our nations kids and wonder what the fuck anyone is thinking feeding them high fat and high sugar crapola while getting them excused from Gym. In my day..you were required to pass a gym physical. That should be brought back.

there are plenty of liberal fat asses out there too Sallow......with fat little kids.....

Forum List

Back