Michelle Claims Fat Kids Are A National Security Threat

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
101213_michelle_obama_letsmove_ap_605.jpg

Michelle is losing her mind.

Now she's saying that because only 1 in 4 kids in the US can qualify for the military this has become a threat to National Security.

“Military leaders … tell us that when more than one in four young people are unqualified for military service because of their weight,” the first lady says in the prepared remarks, “childhood obesity isn’t just a public health threat, it’s not just an economic threat, it’s a national security threat as well."

Now I've heard everything.

Call it one of those unintended consequences of the Nanny State.

Kids aren't allowed to run around and play like they did when I was growing up so now we've got kids that are getting by on Monster drinks just to keep from being bored to death.

After sitting around the house for hours on end in the summer kids get fat. Many parents won't allow them out on their own. School buses have to drop kids off mere feet from their doorstep. It's all just a side-effect of the Nanny State this country has immersed itself in.

I've felt for quite some time that all of this coddling that goes on is only going to make kids unable to cope with life but military life is out of the question folks. Our pampered kids won't be able to handle the culture-shock they will experience. It doesn't matter if they're out of shape or not.

LINK

She's right.

I was astonished that kids get excused from gym or physical activity now adays.

That's ridiculous. Physical fitness should be as important as mental fitness. A nation of Ompa Lompas bodes terribly for our future.

Wait A Minute!

I thought the problem was that the Poor are Starving.

She's right.

That's ridiculous. Physical fitness should be as important as mental fitness. A nation of Ompa Lompas bodes terribly for our future.

She's focusing on nutrition but Jack La lane said that it doesn't matter what you eat, if you don't exercise you're gonna be out of shape.

It does in fact bother me to say it this way but she should me more focused on her own ass.
As far as the kids are concerned, maybe it is time to take PE more seriously, and also move the kids around during the day more, separate the class rooms and get some exercise. Incorporate more stair usage.

It does in fact bother me to say it this way but she should me more focused on her own ass.
As far as the kids are concerned, maybe it is time to take PE more seriously, and also move the kids around during the day more, separate the class rooms and get some exercise. Incorporate more stair usage.

Michelle should focus on educating parents on decent nutrition and the importance of exercise... but she won't... because the agenda is to attack fast food.

She's right.

She's focusing on nutrition but Jack La lane said that it doesn't matter what you eat, if you don't exercise you're gonna be out of shape.

What??

I've met Jack Lalane..and he was one of the first people advocating against red meat. He's always been very much into nutrition. I watched his show from time to time. He was also a pioneer in fitness in general.

Wait A Minute!

I thought the problem was that the Poor are Starving.

It's like Global Warming. They can take a stance on ether side of the issue.

Kids are too fat.....but then again they're not getting enough nutrition.

They really don't have to be right all of the time, just often enough to show they care.

She's right.

What??

I've met Jack Lalane..and he was one of the first people advocating against red meat. He's always been very much into nutrition. I watched his show from time to time. He was also a pioneer in fitness in general.

The context was that regardless of how well you eat you have to exercise.

Help me out here mud. Your quote said:

“Military leaders … tell us that when more than one in four young people are unqualified for military service because of their weight,” the first lady says in the prepared remarks, “childhood obesity isn’t just a public health threat, it’s not just an economic threat, it’s a national security threat as well."

She is quoting what military leaders said. Now, you're holding Mrs. Obama accountable for making sure every child in America exercises and eats right, and not thier PARENTS, or themselves?

To me she's saying if things don't change, a lot of these unhealthy, overweight children wouldn't qualify for the military when they are old enough to join.

Teaching kids, and their parents, how to make healthy choices in eating and exercise seems like a great idea to me.

What??

The context was that regardless of how well you eat you have to exercise.

And?

Lalane was about doing both. He was and is right.

Michelle Obama is right to..garbage in..garbage out.

She is quoting what military leaders said. Now, you're holding Mrs. Obama accountable for making sure every child in America exercises and eats right, and not thier PARENTS, or themselves?

To me she's saying if things don't change, a lot of these unhealthy, overweight children wouldn't qualify for the military when they are old enough to join.

Teaching kids, and their parents, how to make healthy choices in eating and exercise seems like a great idea to me.

It's not the governments job to teach kids or parents anything.

That's the problem with you liberal idiots, you think the government is responsible for every aspect of your miserable lives.

Last edited:
The problem is primarily conservative fat asses who think they have no responsiblity to their country at all. They can get as fat and sloppy as they want..and if the ticker goes..welp..that's when the government comes in and picks up the check.

Obesity is a very real and acute problem in this country. I look at our nations kids and wonder what the fuck anyone is thinking feeding them high fat and high sugar crapola while getting them excused from Gym. In my day..you were required to pass a gym physical. That should be brought back.

The problem is primarily conservative fat asses who think they have no responsiblity to their country at all. They can get as fat and sloppy as they want..and if the ticker goes..welp..that's when the government comes in and picks up the check.

Obesity is a very real and acute problem in this country. I look at our nations kids and wonder what the fuck anyone is thinking feeding them high fat and high sugar crapola while getting them excused from Gym. In my day..you were required to pass a gym physical. That should be brought back.

I got to hand it to you, when you make shit up, you don't hold nothing back.

After sitting around the house for hours on end in the summer kids get fat. Many parents won't allow them out on their own. School buses have to drop kids off mere feet from their doorstep. It's all just a side-effect of the Nanny State this country has immersed itself in
Thanks for making this point; it is the main reason why half the kids i see are obese. If the government and/or Michelle want to see a change then they should do something more than just changing the lunches in schools.

It's not the governments job to teach kids or parents anything.

That's the problem with you liberal idiots, you think the government is responsible for every aspect of your miserable lives.

I love it when you cons can't argue a point without insults. Can't you address a topic without an insult, or is that too hard for you to do?

Anyway............

So, it's not the government's job to teach parents or kids anything? We better close down all the public schools then too while we're at it, and everyone can homeschool their children!

The best way out of poverty is education, did you know that?

Anyway, do you think if you just ignore the problems with today's youth they will go away?

Forum List

Back