Michelle Bachmann now Swiss Citizen

Representative Michele Bachmann (R-MN), announced yesterday that is now officially a Swiss citizen (as of March 19th), which gives her dual citizenship – US and Switzerland. She is a citizen because her husband is eligible to be a Swiss citizen because his parents' nationality

Lighthouse Journal: In the News: Rep. Michelle Bachman Dual Citizen and - Taxation Discussion

This brings up a very interesting point. My father, a long time ago, was denied employment by the CIA and FBI, because my mother, his wife, is a Swiss citizen. Because Switzerland is a neutral country, it is not considered to be an ally of the US. So does Michelle Bachmann lose any security clearances she may have had due to her new citizenship? Yes, she still is a US citizen, but she is also a citizen of a country that is not even our ally.

Should any of her security clearances be revoked? Remember, she is also on the intelligence committee.
She did it for the Swiss' universal health care. They actually get something for their tax dollars.
No bombs, no ally. Gawd Blast murka!

Representative Michele Bachmann (R-MN), announced yesterday that is now officially a Swiss citizen (as of March 19th), which gives her dual citizenship – US and Switzerland. She is a citizen because her husband is eligible to be a Swiss citizen because his parents' nationality

Lighthouse Journal: In the News: Rep. Michelle Bachman Dual Citizen and - Taxation Discussion

This brings up a very interesting point. My father, a long time ago, was denied employment by the CIA and FBI, because my mother, his wife, is a Swiss citizen. Because Switzerland is a neutral country, it is not considered to be an ally of the US. So does Michelle Bachmann lose any security clearances she may have had due to her new citizenship? Yes, she still is a US citizen, but she is also a citizen of a country that is not even our ally.

Should any of her security clearances be revoked? Remember, she is also on the intelligence committee.
She did it for the Swiss' universal health care. They actually get something for their tax dollars.

Switzerland's system is actually mostly private, but there is a mandate for everyone to purchase insurance. The government does subsidize the cost for those with lower incomes. It actually is very similar to our new healthcare legislation. The only difference is that insurance companies cannot make a profit on basic medical care. I'm not really certain how that works, but their are limits on what they can charge for basic care; I'm just not sure what that includes. In the end, Switzerland spends a much smaller percentage in public funding of the system, and the overall cost as a percentage of GDP is substantially lower than ours, but it is higher than most other countries with government run programs. Last of all, they have a 97% participation rate, so only 3% are uninsured at any given time. Best of all, the vast majority of people living in Switzerland love their healthcare system.

What the heck was she thinking? Why would you want to bring that up during an election season? Is American not good enough for her now?

Anything to distract from Obama's failed economic policies......

Thank you Zander for the obligitory nonsense "Obamas Failed Policies" post that must run in EVERY single thread on this forum. :cuckoo:

Call up your handlers and ask for your check now.

he is nothing else if not predictable in his craven partisanship :yawn:
and yet you never say stuff like that to Dean or Dudly or TM....who show incredible craven partisanship......

we got something better than health care......your fat hairy fucking ass left the Country.....America gains....Costa Rica.....another whiny cowardly piece of shit wants in....

Switzerland's system is actually mostly private, but there is a mandate for everyone to purchase insurance. The government does subsidize the cost for those with lower incomes. It actually is very similar to our new healthcare legislation. The only difference is that insurance companies cannot make a profit on basic medical care. I'm not really certain how that works, but their are limits on what they can charge for basic care; I'm just not sure what that includes. In the end, Switzerland spends a much smaller percentage in public funding of the system, and the overall cost as a percentage of GDP is substantially lower than ours, but it is higher than most other countries with government run programs. Last of all, they have a 97% participation rate, so only 3% are uninsured at any given time. Best of all, the vast majority of people living in Switzerland love their healthcare system.

they also only have 7-8 million people to take care of....not 300 million....

Forum List

Back