Michele Obama - "We are just like you - Blue Collar People"

worked their asses off? That's funny.

Obama has barely ever held a full time job.

Let's see he went to Columbia and did he work and pay his own tuition?
Then he spent one year at a NY nonprofit something or another business.
Then he went to law school and I ask again, did he pay his own way?
After law school hedid some community organizing, then was an associate for a Chicago law firm for three years. After that he was to the State Senate - a part time legislature — and served as a lecturer at the Univ. of Chicago law school — another part-time gig. He was involved in a variety of community organizations during this period.

His Senate seat is the first full-time job he has had since his law firm days — but he’s only been in that job for 4 years.

And that state senate job was full of absences and present votes.

So you see POTUS is really only the second real job he has ever had and after his first term it will tie for the longest he was ever at one job.

I hardly call that working his ass off.

Jesus, I was working 40 hrs a week when I was in high school and 80 hours a week on summer vacations. I had more work experience when I was 18 than Obama has now.
But you weren't elected President. Bit of a difference.

Not the point. the point was being made that they are just the same as a blue collar work a day person.

Yes, that is the point.

Michelle Obama asserted at the Dem convention that she and Barack had blue collar roots, not that they were blue collar now.

This whole thread is a straw man.

Not the point. the point was being made that they are just the same as a blue collar work a day person.

Yes, that is the point.

Michelle Obama asserted at the Dem convention that she and Barack had blue collar roots, not that they were blue collar now.

It is funny seeing all the effort put into blowing spitballs and verbal poop into cyberspace by the RWNs thinking their little games are gonna reduce the Obama's in anyone's eyes.
Can they see the rest of the human race laughing at their kiddy games ?

Yeah. Right.

Michelle Obama is the nation's first first lady to add a full-time makeup artist to her traveling entourage, according to stylists who have worked with presidential wives over the past 16 years.

GLAMOUR 'FIRST' - New York Post

And they send their kids to private schools. Yet they still have Kool-Aid drinking worshipers who try to rationalise this. :cuckoo:

The ONLY ones that have to rationaliZe where Sasha and Malia go to school are their parents who are responsible for their education AND their safety...

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

So Public Schools are not as safe nor as good educationally as Private Schools. Yes, I know that already. So why doesn't Obama let less fortunate people choose where to send their kids? (BTW, I'm glad he doesn't.)

Yes, that is the point.

I would love to hear her say that now.

"My roots are blue-collar, but now I am a rich Washington elitist. My kids go to private school and I can afford my own make-up artist. And if you all work hard like I have, you can be like me!"

"Come on everyone, let's go plant vegetables!"

Moi? Why?

asshole.jpg

Because you called dear old fathead teddy kennedy out on being a drunken, coward who left a girl to drown while he had daddy cover it up.

Were YOU there, or are you just parroting standard right wing pea brain talking points?

Hey! if I remember correctly Teddy admitted it happened just that way!

Yes, that is the point.

"My roots are blue-collar, but now I am a rich Washington elitist. My kids go to private school and I can afford my own make-up artist. And if you all work hard like I have, you can be like me!"

:lol::lol::clap2:

I never met any blue collared people who would just hand over 100s of billions of dollars to Wall Street firms and send the bill to their children.

Yes, that is the point.

I doubt she would deny it. The point is that neither she nor Obama were born to privilege; they got where they are thru hard work and their own talents. I don't have a problem with anyone doing that, do you?

"

Last edited:
Yes, that is the point.

I doubt she would deny it. The point is that neither she nor Obama were born to privilege; they got where they are thru hard work and their own talents. I don't have a problem with anyone doing that, do you?

[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem with it at all. As I have said, it's the perception.

Millions of people are struggling. Losing jobs, their houses, etc.

Obama orders pizza from St. Louis and Michelle hires a full time make up artist.

Things like this gives the impression that aren't really in touch with the problems of the country.

Unless they are taking the "I'm a Black preacher and I drive an Escalade" approach.

-

Obama orders pizza from St. Louis and Michelle hires a full time make up artist.

Things like this gives the impression that aren't really in touch with the problems of the country.

Unless they are taking the "I'm a Black preacher and I drive an Escalade" approach.

How much do you think you have to tip the pizza guy if he's delivering from St. Louis?

-

How much do you think you have to tip the pizza guy if he's delivering from St. Louis?

I was wrong. He just didn't "order" pizza.

Whatever happened, the restaurant says the owner and his partner packed dough, cheese and pizza pans in their suitcases and flew to Washington.

I'm sure BO paid for it out of his pocket. Again...nice perception.

There are probably quite a few people in the country who wish they could afford a $5.00 pizza from Little Caesars.

People frequently criticize presidents for being too extravegant.

I was just pointing out the misimplication in your OP that Michelle is claiming to be blue collar now.

Michelle Obama's father worked for the water works for 28 years.

She worked hard in school and went to Harvard Law.

Her family was blue collar.

But the real problem here is that the Republicans lost. And as Jon Stewart said, "The Republicans are complaining so much because losing tastes like a shit taco."

Forum List

Back