Michele Obama - "We are just like you - Blue Collar People"

Do they have special dog training specifically for adjusting to living in the White House?

The dog was given by Sen. Edward M. Kennedy and had some training (house broken) before being given to the BO family.

Good thing it was Ted doing the training. Poor dog wouldn't be able to dive into water if there was an emergency.

You're an asshole...

Actually he was too kind, Ted cant swim and when he is drunk he makes bad decisions but that does not matter if you are a rich politician. I mean it does not matter if you are a rich, filthy rich, powerful, liberal, democrat politician.

Imagine if Nixon killed a woman and did not report it for 24 hours.

how do you know he didnt hit his head in the accident?

Were you this hard on Bob Novack when he hit a pedestrian and killed him without even skipping a beat?

You are an idiot. I know you want the Obamas to always be seen in a bad light because deep down you are not a very good american. Fortunately most americans want our president and his first lady to look as good as possible when representing our country abroad. I know I called you an idiot but I am rethinking and leaning heavily towards you are an ASSHOLE!!

Do you ever think through what you post?

This has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read.

You don't get out much do you sport? My reply was concise and on topic. Your reply proves you have a lower than average IQ. I pity you. Now hurry over to the neg rep icon and give me a neg rep for supporting the first family you ingrate. Piss on you.

Show me where she said any of what you claim.

1. Where did she say she wants the Obamas to be seen in a bad light.
2. How do you know what kind of American she is?

Far stretching assumptions on your part.

What am I ungrateful for? My complaint is portraying herself as something she isn't.

Piss on you? Laughable.

Yeah. Right.

Michelle Obama is the nation's first first lady to add a full-time makeup artist to her traveling entourage, according to stylists who have worked with presidential wives over the past 16 years.

GLAMOUR 'FIRST' - New York Post

Michelle Obama's "blue collar" comment was a pre-election statement in which she talked about her and Obama's "blue collar" roots.

It's a bit of a deception to imply she was claiming they are blue collar now, and strawman to argue against it.

But her statement is certainly true. Unlike, for example, our last president who was born in to luxury and opportunity and status; neither Barack or Michelle were (quite the contrary), and they got where they are through their own hard work and talents.

Last edited:
Did anyone inform the First Lady that we are in a recession? So my tax dollars are going towards having Michelle Obama getting all dolled up. How do I sign up for this stimulus package? Maybe I can get weekly manicures and pedicures as well...
Did you skip over (or ignore) the parts that said Michelle is PAYING FOR ALL OF THIS out of her own pocket ? She's got a bunch of money, y'know. She was born and raised Blue Collar, but having a
doctorate from Harvard School of Law and making 6 and 7 figure incomes ever since has set her apart
. Still, she is grounded, happy, personable, fantastic person. Why are people so pissy and bitchy and catty about her ?

Blue Collar? Right.

A blue-collar worker is a member of the working class who performs manual labor and earns an hourly wage. Blue-collar workers are distinguished from those in the service sector and from white-collar workers, whose jobs are not considered manual labor.

Blue-collar work may be skilled or unskilled, and may involve manufacturing, mining, building and construction trades, mechanical work, maintenance, repair and operations maintenance or technical installations. The white-collar worker, by contrast, performs non-manual labor often in an office; and the service industry worker performs labor involving customer interaction, entertainment, retail and outside sales, and the like.

blue-collar: Definition from Answers.com
Her Dad and Mom were blue collar, the neighborhood she grew up in was blue collar.
She has become a success in professional white collar jobs.
If all you've got is nitty picking at silly definitions to back up your petty point, you got nothing.
And you know that.
You are Blowing spitballs out a straw against a stone wall, and you are the only one who thinks
that will make a dent. You got nothing.

Yeah. Right.

Michelle Obama is the nation's first first lady to add a full-time makeup artist to her traveling entourage, according to stylists who have worked with presidential wives over the past 16 years.

GLAMOUR 'FIRST' - New York Post

Did anyone inform the First Lady that we are in a recession? So my tax dollars are going towards having Michelle Obama getting all dolled up. How do I sign up for this stimulus package? Maybe I can get weekly manicures and pedicures as well...
Did you skip over (or ignore) the parts that said Michelle is PAYING FOR ALL OF THIS out of her own pocket ? She's got a bunch of money, y'know. She was born and raised Blue Collar, but having a
doctorate from Harvard School of Law and making 6 and 7 figure incomes ever since has set her apart. Still, she is grounded, happy, personable, fantastic person. Why are people so pissy and bitchy and catty about her ?

Where exactly in the article does it say that Michelle is "PAYING FOR ALL OF THIS out of her own pocket"?

doctorate from Harvard School of Law and making 6 and 7 figure incomes ever since has set her apart. Still, she is grounded, happy, personable, fantastic person. Why are people so pissy and bitchy and catty about her ?

Where exactly in the article does it say that Michelle is "PAYING FOR ALL OF THIS out of her own pocket"?

They are paying for their travel expenses. What about the rest?

Looks like we are.

The Obamas privately paid for the travel expenses of the styling team, according to a spokeswoman for the first lady. But the high-profile jobs don't pay much, say former White House stylists.

They are paying for their travel expenses. What about the rest?

Looks like we are.

The Obamas privately paid for the travel expenses of the styling team, according to a spokeswoman for the first lady. But the high-profile jobs don't pay much, say former White House stylists.

The bigger question is, what does any of this have to do with whether the Obamas have blue collar roots?

When the president is on an official state visit attending international business on behalf of the United States only a complete moron like you would suggest that they pay for it out of thier own pockets. You are way beyond stupid. I hope you aren't trying to pass your defective genes forward.

So you were "virtually" there because of where you grew up... WOW...

Ive read the police statements and testimony have you or do you just know he didn't do anything wrong?

And you know you would have saved Mary jo. When I was 14 I raced out into Lake Washington in Seattle to rescue a hydroplane driver that flipped in front of my grandparents house. My best friend and I and a neighbor with a drag boat got to the scene in less than five minutes. I held the guys head in my lap on the high speed ride to Kenmore about two miles north. I ran up the dock and called every emergency agency I could think of. TWENTY minutes later the fire dept showed up from two blocks away. When they put oxygen over his face blood shot out his ears squirting over two feet.

My friend and I did everything humanly possible to save the guy and it did no good.

Point is you WHERE not there. Maybe Kennedy could have done more maybe not. I've saved a couple and lost a couple. Why don't you share an experience where you were a big hero and saved someones life. You know...so the good people here can ascertain your expertise in emergency rescue.

PS...Oh ya... after the blood shot outta the guys head I walked back up to the phone and called KJR radio for the news tip of the week...I got $50 bucks. I did it with a clear conscience.

no, i'm pretty sure leaving her in the car and running away, then waiting until the next morning to do anything about it, was the best shot fat boy could've given saving her. i bet being trapped underwater in a car is a great way to die, too.

Moi? Why?

asshole.jpg

Because you called dear old fathead teddy kennedy out on being a drunken, coward who left a girl to drown while he had daddy cover it up.
Ted Kennedy's "Daddy" was not able to help him out of that jam. Joe Sr. was pretty much a veg, from severe strokes, and was at death's door in July 1969. He died Nov. 1969.
Somebody locally helped Ted out of that mess, though, I will grant that.

Opinions and stupid ass comments that are easily shown to be totally disconnected from facts
is the main output of RWN's. .

it was his brother in law and the sherriff of barnstable county and the coroner that they paid off. kennedy's scum. ask anybody who's had to deal with him on the cape.

Because you called dear old fathead teddy kennedy out on being a drunken, coward who left a girl to drown while he had daddy cover it up.
Ted Kennedy's "Daddy" was not able to help him out of that jam. Joe Sr. was pretty much a veg, from severe strokes, and was at death's door in July 1969. He died Nov. 1969.
Somebody locally helped Ted out of that mess, though, I will grant that.

Opinions and stupid ass comments that are easily shown to be totally disconnected from facts
is the main output of RWN's. .

it was his brother in law and the sherriff of barnstable county and the coroner that they paid off. kennedy's scum. ask anybody who's had to deal with him on the cape.
Correct. Ted was taken care of, and it probably was special treatment that you or I woudn't get.
Anyone else would've been the poor slob whose conviction would get the local DA elected Lt. Governor.
But it was not, as stated, by his 'daddy'.

When I Google Kennedy, drowning, Chappaquiddick I get 6,250 results.

I'm not going to post each one.

AND, if you canvassed Senators from BOTH parties, you'd learn Ted Kennedy is highly respected and always the first one to offer help and support to a fellow Senator or Congressman when confronted with personal or family problems

And that changes the fact that in a drunken stupor he allowed a young girl to drown?

Sorry but in my book all the penance in the world doesn't get you a pass on that.

When I Google Kennedy, drowning, Chappaquiddick I get 6,250 results.

I'm not going to post each one.

AND, if you canvassed Senators from BOTH parties, you'd learn Ted Kennedy is highly respected and always the first one to offer help and support to a fellow Senator or Congressman when confronted with personal or family problems

And that changes the fact that in a drunken stupor he allowed a young girl to drown?

Sorry but in my book all the penance in the world doesn't get you a pass on that.

To Bfgrn, it doesn't matter how much of a tool you are, as long as people like you.

When the president is on an official state visit attending international business on behalf of the United States only a complete moron like you would suggest that they pay for it out of thier own pockets. You are way beyond stupid. I hope you aren't trying to pass your defective genes forward.

How quickly one of low breeding leaps to terms like "complete moron like you" or "beyond stupid" or even "your defective genes." A pity for all of us that no one in your nucear family either knew the proper methods of civil discourse, or, and probably the case, never loved you enough to correct you.

Were your writing interesting or clever, it might make up for your lack of inventivness, or cover the missing knowledge and confidence that your posts evince. There are so many more inventive ways that you could be deprecating, but that would require that you were a man of letters.

But, alas, the only letters you have are those that make up your name. ASS.

You are correct, I apologize.
The article linked says nothing about who pays for the First Lady's travelling stylist services, just teh travel expenses, itself.
I do know this: all personal expenses by the fist family are paid by the first family, a bill for reimbursal is given to the President by the WH Head Usher.
Clothing, tailoring, food, toiletries, having a personal trainer come to the WH, the barber and stylists that come to the WH - are out of pocket to the First Family, or if paid through the WH, are reimbursed.
The President gets a $50,000 expense account for official usage. When the first family has government employees along on travel, that is official. Non-gov't employees - that is personal.
How and how much is the billing and evaluation of all this, is an accounting set up by the WH
Head Usher's budget manager.
Stylist is categorized as personal. Travelling stylist on an official WH business trip, I don't know.
The WH budget is not a bottomless, unauditted pork fund for the first family to abuse.
The Obama's are responsible people, honest people, they do not abuse the public trust, and they are mindful of perception and appearances.

Obamas Paying for White House Renovations Personally -- New
Home Decorating With the Obamas

Add a Comment

1 Comment | Add Yours

76 Comments | Add Yours

* By Erica Orden
* Published Mar 29, 2009

At a time when people are having trouble holding on to their houses, Barack and Michelle Obama have sensibly decided not to use taxpayers’ money to renovate theirs. New presidents are allotted $100,000 to overhaul the White House residence and the Oval Office, and the Obamas hired Hollywood decorator Michael S. Smith (known, per his site, for mixing “Old World classicism with very contemporary settings”). But the First Couple isn’t spending that money. They “are not using public funds or accepting donations of goods for redecorating their private quarters,” says Camille Johnston, director of communications for the First Lady. Nor is the couple, who reported $4.2 million in household income in 2007 tax returns, using money from the White House Historical Association, a privately funded foundation that paid for a $74,000 set of china shortly before Laura Bush left town.

So you were "virtually" there because of where you grew up... WOW...

Ive read the police statements and testimony have you or do you just know he didn't do anything wrong?

And you know you would have saved Mary jo. When I was 14 I raced out into Lake Washington in Seattle to rescue a hydroplane driver that flipped in front of my grandparents house. My best friend and I and a neighbor with a drag boat got to the scene in less than five minutes. I held the guys head in my lap on the high speed ride to Kenmore about two miles north. I ran up the dock and called every emergency agency I could think of. TWENTY minutes later the fire dept showed up from two blocks away. When they put oxygen over his face blood shot out his ears squirting over two feet.

My friend and I did everything humanly possible to save the guy and it did no good.

Point is you WHERE not there. Maybe Kennedy could have done more maybe not. I've saved a couple and lost a couple. Why don't you share an experience where you were a big hero and saved someones life. You know...so the good people here can ascertain your expertise in emergency rescue.

PS...Oh ya... after the blood shot outta the guys head I walked back up to the phone and called KJR radio for the news tip of the week...I got $50 bucks. I did it with a clear conscience.

ohhh you're a tough guy gee i am in fucking awe.

FYI the police diver who did pull mary Jo out said she was most likely breathing in a air pocket at the back of the car where she was found and there were no other serious injuries. So while teddy was sleeping it off instead of going to the nearest house for help, she ran out of air and asphyxiated.

And does holding off a brachial artery count as saving a life. My cousin sure thought so after he fell through a plate glass window.

How quickly one of low breeding leaps to terms like "complete moron like you" or "beyond stupid" or even "your defective genes." A pity for all of us that no one in your nucear family either knew the proper methods of civil discourse, or, and probably the case, never loved you enough to correct you.

Were your writing interesting or clever, it might make up for your lack of inventivness, or cover the missing knowledge and confidence that your posts evince. There are so many more inventive ways that you could be deprecating, but that would require that you were a man of letters.

But, alas, the only letters you have are those that make up your name. ASS.

The more and more I read his posts, the more I just laugh.

He tries to be so intelligent and so serious.

And fails so miserably.

Good comic relief though.

geeeessseeee folks you were the ones who thought Bush was just a regular Joe remember?

He was born filthy rich and acted like it his whole life.

These people were born regular Americans and worked their asses off to be where they are.

buy a fucking clue would you.

worked their asses off? That's funny.

Obama has barely ever held a full time job.

Let's see he went to Columbia and did he work and pay his own tuition?
Then he spent one year at a NY nonprofit something or another business.
Then he went to law school and I ask again, did he pay his own way?
After law school hedid some community organizing, then was an associate for a Chicago law firm for three years. After that he was to the State Senate - a part time legislature — and served as a lecturer at the Univ. of Chicago law school — another part-time gig. He was involved in a variety of community organizations during this period.

His Senate seat is the first full-time job he has had since his law firm days — but he’s only been in that job for 4 years.

And that state senate job was full of absences and present votes.

So you see POTUS is really only the second real job he has ever had and after his first term it will tie for the longest he was ever at one job.

I hardly call that working his ass off.

Jesus, I was working 40 hrs a week when I was in high school and 80 hours a week on summer vacations. I had more work experience when I was 18 than Obama has now.
But you weren't elected President. Bit of a difference.

Not the point. the point was being made that they are just the same as a blue collar work a day person.

And I'm not stupid enough to run for president. And certainly not egoistic enough or enough of a megalomaniac.

Forum List

Back