Michele Bachmann Mangles Revolutionary History

MANCHESTER, N.H. — Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann’s suggestion Saturday that the Revolutionary War began in Concord, N.H., rather than Lexington and Concord, Mass., marks the third time in recent months that the potential GOP presidential hopeful has committed a puzzling gaffe about history and current affairs. Making her first trek to New Hampshire as a 2012 prospect, Bachmann told a GOP crowd in Manchester: “You’re the state where the shot was heard around the world at Lexington and Concord.”

The Revolutionary War began, not in New Hampshire’s capital, but in the famous two towns more than 50 miles away in Massachusetts. For Bachmann, who leads the House Tea Party caucus and champions a return to the Constitution, to get such basic facts wrong about the country’s birth is revealing.

Her comment wasn’t just an off-hand reference that she inserted in her remarks. At a fundraiser Friday night on the New Hampshire Seacoast, Bachmann said almost the exact same thing, according to the Minnesota Post.

“It’s your state that fired the shot that was heard around the world, you are the state of Lexington and Concord, you started the battle for liberty right here in your backyard,” Bachmann said. Bachmann’s geographic mix-up prompted derision among some New Hampshire Republicans. “Is she on her way to Lexington, N.H., now?” cracked Matt Suermann, who blogs for RedHampshire, in response to somebody who posted on Twitter that Bachmann had left the building.

Told of the congresswoman’s line, another prominent New Hampshire Republican asked: “Seriously, the real question is whether she knows she (got it wrong), I suspect not.”

For Michele Bachmann, a pattern of getting facts wrong - Jonathan Martin and Kendra Marr - POLITICO.com

So she said it not once, but twice. My my.

Not looking too good when even members of your own party are laughing at you and making jokes, Michele. Not too good.

Oh, I dearly hope she runs. lol.

Yahoo news has become a REAL JOKE.

Like this is SOME important NEWS.

Get your news elsewhere folks.

Yeah...do as I do, get all your news from the Drudge Report and FOX folks.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well goodie for you. Unicorns and rainbows for you isn't it courtesy of the TAXPAYERS>

Yes, I am PROUD of my more than 30 years service in the Dept of Defense. I started working for the evil government shortly after the Vietnam War. I saw 50,000 soldiers die due to poor equipment and poor tactics
I am PROUD every time I see a soldier using a piece of equipment that I have helped test and field. I am PROUD of the magnitude of decreases in soldier deaths due to having the best equipment in the world. I am PROUD of the fact that soldiers will not take the field without equipment I have spent countless hours providing
The Government Employees I have worked with through the years are dedicated to providing the best possible equipment to our soldiers. I have seen them work long hours and pass up more lucrative Defense Contractor positions

Yes.....I am PROUD to be a US Government employee[/QUOTE]

Yes ....I benefit from Big Government. I doubt you believe our armed services should operate on a States rights basis.

And yes, as I stated in the post previous to yours, I am proud of my service on the " public teat"
Thank you for your service and for contribution to the betterment of this country.

Judicial action is a cornerstone of the very document you claim to defend

Three separate but equal branches of government. Do you understand? It's a lot like "rock, paper, scissors".

You did not make it through community college much less a bachelor's degree, did you?
It sure seems that way...doesn't it?

JackFate can't take what he tries to dish out.

Keep crying, little one.

I'm kicking your scrawny lying ass all over the place. Everyone can see it. You should have taken that nap that I suggested.

People like you get up from the toilet and have the urgent need to turn around and look down to see what just happened. Most of us can figure it out.

funny... i've seen your posts. and i've never once seen you be truthful, much less kick someone's butt.

just sayin'
LOL
:lol:

You got THAT right!

That wild-eyed DUNCE won't stop now...she's going to tell EVERY state/city she visits that "they are the one."

And the Far RW reactionaries, like the ones on this very board, will lap it up.

I'd settle for any candidate to emerge that I thought had the ability to be a real statesman (or woman) and a real leader. So far, it's a disappointing crop. I'd like to have someone to vote FOR, instead of something to vote against.

I'd settle for any candidate to emerge that I thought had the ability to be a real statesman (or woman) and a real leader. So far, it's a disappointing crop. I'd like to have someone to vote FOR, instead of something to vote against.

I'd like someone like Ronald Reagan who thought his role wasn't to lead us but to have government stay out of our way

And yes, as I stated in the post previous to yours, I am proud of my service on the " public teat"

RW, I missed that post, but I did try to acknowledge the above in a subsequent post. You have always been civil in our discussions, and I am trying to reciprocate.

Michele Bachmann: 'I Made A Mistake' With Historical Inaccuracy

Read her whining

"I made a mistake; I should've said Massachusetts rather than New Hampshire," said the Tea Party favorite during an appearance on the Laura Ingraham show on Tuesday, according to The Hill.

According to Bachmann, her remarks captured the attention of the media because of "a double standard" against conservatives. She said, "...as we know all 3,400 members of the mainstream media are part of the Obama press contingent."

Its always a conspiracy I tell you, LMAO!

Michele Bachmann: 'I Made A Mistake' With Historical Inaccuracy

Read her whining

"I made a mistake; I should've said Massachusetts rather than New Hampshire," said the Tea Party favorite during an appearance on the Laura Ingraham show on Tuesday, according to The Hill.

According to Bachmann, her remarks captured the attention of the media because of "a double standard" against conservatives. She said, "...as we know all 3,400 members of the mainstream media are part of the Obama press contingent."

If there are any characteristics that the right wing exemplifies they are the whining and martyrdom syndromes. Add the Dunning-Kruger effect and you have the perfect right wing, conservative, often republican, but occasionally libertarian person. They are beauts. The corporations play them like banjos.

"My own view is that the American conservative movement's embrace or defense of torture was the moment its intellectual collapse became irrecoverable. When conservatism abandoned core values of American decency in favor of pure force, exemplified by torture techniques designed by Communists and Nazis, then it ceased to be conservative in the sense that Burke or Hayek or Oakeshott or Kirk would begin to understand. And watching the intellectual dishonesty of the right on this issue in the last few years has been a watershed for me. It has been, in my judgment, one long, awful surrender of truth to power." Andrew Sullivan

Last edited:
Bachmann flubs Revolutionary War geography in NH - Yahoo! News

NASHUA, N.H. – U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota stood before New Hampshire Republicans with a tea bag clutched in her hand Saturday, but her grasp on Revolutionary War geography wasn't quite as tight.
Before headlining a GOP fundraiser, the possible presidential hopeful told a group of students and conservative activists in Manchester, "You're the state where the shot was heard around the world in Lexington and Concord."
But those first shots of the Revolutionary War were fired in Massachusetts, not New Hampshire.

"So I misplaced the battles Concord and Lexington by saying they were in New Hampshire," Bachmann posted on her Facebook page later. "It was my mistake, Massachusetts is where they happened. New Hampshire is where they are still proud of it!"

Though Bachmann probably wasn't the first to confuse Concord, N.H., with Concord, Mass., her mistake was striking given her roots in the tea party movement, which takes its name from the dumping of tea into Boston Harbor by angry American colonists in December 1773, 16 months before the Battle of Lexington Green.

This isn't the first time she has had fucked up like this, first history and now geography, with a teabag in her hand. This is the shit that Repugs get when they select what they perceive to be beauty over brains, even though Bachmann is by no means a pretty woman to most people.

Well in a country ware the majority of those 30 and younger cant name the state capitals of ten states off the top of there heads, let alone (57) or point to Iraq or Afghanistan on a world map or read that well if at all this surprises you ? Most dont have a clue what the American revolution was or what it was about I dont see what the big deal is.

at least she said something. obama hasnt said that he learned there are 50 states and not 57 publicly yet. or Biden hasnt admitted that the depression happened before FDR. Libs are funny.

at least she said something. obama hasnt said that he learned there are 50 states and not 57 publicly yet. or Biden hasnt admitted that the depression happened before FDR. Libs are funny.

Here's the difference. Do you think Obama ACTUALLY believed there were 57 states or was that a mistake?

There is a difference between making a mistake and being ignorant. Dems and Repubs both commit both type of fouls, but let's be honest between what Bachmann said and what Obama said, which one do you think believed what they were saying was true and which was just a mistake?

No big deal, just a mistake on her part that means nothing.
I want to know where her birth certificate is. No possible way she was born in America.
How can someone like here be in office when no one has seen her birth certificate?

Yeah fucking right, this was no gaffe, she fucked up before with American history and slavery.

your rage over it is duly noted.
jeeze, :lol:

Read yours...

Not as dumb as not knowing there are 50 States, not 57. But Obama's a lib so it's different, which leads us to...

I'm not seeing the word "conspiracy" in there. The media just is liberal. Can you show me that part of the quote since you erroneously cut it out?

Last edited:
This isn't the first time she has had fucked up like this, first history and now geography, with a teabag in her hand. This is the shit that Repugs get when they select what they perceive to be beauty over brains, even though Bachmann is by no means a pretty woman to most people.
Grow up. If this is the best you can get on her then she's in great shape.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RCH1nQ1u4I]Michele Bachmann's Story of America - YouTube[/ame]​

So Bachmann is stupid for mistakenly saying that the Battle of Concord occured in Concord, NH rather than Concord, MA, yet we are supposed to praise Obama as a brilliant man when he said that his home state was in Asia?

You people are some of the biggest hypocrites this world has ever seen.

I'd like someone like Ronald Reagan who thought his role wasn't to lead us but to have government stay out of our way

Reagan was known to get along with everyone. When they had the proposition years ago to ban gays from teaching in California he was very upset over that and opposed it. He, like me, opposed abortion but stayed out of the way of that issue politically.
His 8 most dangerous words in the English language was classic.
"I am from government and here to help.':lol:
I did not agree with Reagan on everything but my God, I loved the man!

So Bachmann is stupid for mistakenly saying that the Battle of Concord occured in Concord, NH rather than Concord, MA, yet we are supposed to praise Obama as a brilliant man when he said that his home state was in Asia?

You people are some of the biggest hypocrites this world has ever seen.

So it is okay for Bachman to be a bufoon dumb ass because Obama is a bufoon dumb ass?
That is what 5 year olds claim when they get into trouble.

Michelle is a buffoon, while Obama has some meritorious actions to his credit.

I don't want my GOP running Michelle against Barak, because he will win almost 70% of the popular vote, which could lead to a Dem sweep of the House and the Senate.

You far righties need to understand your 15% of the nation is not going to be allowed to lead the rest of us.

Forum List

Back