Michele Bachmann Has High Staff Turnover Rate, Reports Show

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Gabrielle Dunkley

The congressional office of Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) maintains one of the highest staff turnover rates, according to a report from the Washington Times highlighting the best and worst bosses on Capitol Hill.

Earlier this month, Bachmann faced claims that she took advantage of her presidential campaign employees by not paying them for their service. She also faced allegations from an ex-staffer, who claimed Bachmann violated campaign finance law by directly paying campaign staffers with funds from her political action committee.

Bachmann faces further accusations for allegedly paying an Iowa state senator during her presidential campaign.

More: Michele Bachmann Has High Staff Turnover Rate, Reports Show

witch-hunt.jpg

Witch? That's funny...and sooo appropriate...

There are two reasons why a politician would have a high turnover rate. Either that politician is having a tremendous amount of success, and the staff is getting better job offers - or the politician is incompetent and drives their staff away.

I wonder which one it is for Rep. Bachmann.

There are two reasons why a politician would have a high turnover rate. Either that politician is having a tremendous amount of success, and the staff is getting better job offers - or the politician is incompetent and drives their staff away.

You are creating a false dichotomy.

I remember reading once that Henry Ford was almost impossible to work for due to his perfectionism.

Seeing as the company he founded was wildly successful and has not only survived, but thrived for over 100 years (without a bailout I might add), I don't think he was incompetent, do you?

Why would Backmann's staff be leaving - even when they reportedly don't have other jobs lined up to go to?

Rep. Michele Bachmann, the Minnesota Republican who mounted a bid for the presidency, had an average annual staff turnover rate of 46 percent over four years. From 2007 to 2008, 10 of 15 staffers left, even though none of them had an alternate job lined up on the Hill.

To be sure, many of Mrs. Bachmann’s former campaign staffers, who are protected by fewer rules separating the personal from the professional than the taxpayer-funded congressional office workers, are not happy.

Peter Waldron said Mrs. Bachmann’s campaign has refused to pay him and other staffers after they spoke with law enforcement about a stolen list of voters, even though the campaign is flush with money.

“It’s probably not a coincidence that all the people who have not been paid are the very people who have either given depositions, given affidavits or have been interviewed extensively by the police,” he told The Hill newspaper.

More: Who are the best and worst bosses on Capitol Hill? - Washington Times

I remember reading once that Henry Ford was almost impossible to work for due to his perfectionism.

Seeing as the company he founded was wildly successful and has not only survived, but thrived for over 100 years (without a bailout I might add), I don't think he was incompetent, do you?
Henry Ford was an anti semite, and a Nazi sympathizer, as well.

Michelle Bachman is a fucking idiot. She is the same a Palin., compensating for the sexism inherent in the conservative party by assuming an overbearing persona to appear powerful in order to contend with the "men", but sacrificing the ability to treat underlings with any respect or dignity at all. It's a defense mechanism , and considering so many conservative woman share this personality style, even those on this board, I contend it is a product of feeling inferior to the men in the party. I could be wrong, but it is certainly a noticeable trend.

Michelle Bachman is a fucking idiot. She is the same a Palin., compensating for the sexism inherent in the conservative party by assuming an overbearing persona to appear powerful in order to contend with the "men", but sacrificing the ability to treat underlings with any respect or dignity at all. It's a defense mechanism , and considering so many conservative woman share this personality style, even those on this board, I contend it is a product of feeling inferior to the men in the party. I could be wrong, but it is certainly a noticeable trend.
^^^Says the idiot^^^

By your complete lack of ability to respond to anything I just said, I'll take this as tacit agreement.

Isn't she the one who didn't want to redeploy troops from Okinawa to Guam because: "Guam might tip over"? What an idiot!

Oh wait, no. She was the one who when watching the Mars Rover on big screen asked if they could "send it over to where the Astronauts planted the flag!" Derp!

By Gabrielle Dunkley

The congressional office of Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) maintains one of the highest staff turnover rates, according to a report from the Washington Times highlighting the best and worst bosses on Capitol Hill.

Earlier this month, Bachmann faced claims that she took advantage of her presidential campaign employees by not paying them for their service. She also faced allegations from an ex-staffer, who claimed Bachmann violated campaign finance law by directly paying campaign staffers with funds from her political action committee.

Bachmann faces further accusations for allegedly paying an Iowa state senator during her presidential campaign.

More: Michele Bachmann Has High Staff Turnover Rate, Reports Show

The allegations of illegal activity are serious. They should be fully investigated.
But in terms of just being a hard-to-get-along-with boss, it's a non-starter for me. I won't be applying for a job in her office, so it doesn't really concern me.

If her constituents are OK with her - then that's their business too. They have every right to elect whoever they want. I find it hard to believe there are that many stupid people in her district, but hey, that's their business - not mine.

You're right, I am.

Comparing her to other bosses in other jobs doesn't really work. Political staffers aren't the same thing as Ford's employees.

House Office Retention Rates:
https://data.sunlightlabs.com/dataset/House-Office-Retention-Rates/y43j-4t5v

1. Betty Sutton (D)

I wonder which one it is for Rep. Sutton?

I've never heard of Betty Sutton, so I don't know. But she hasn't had much recent success, so it's likely the second choice.

New Topics

Forum List

Back