Michele Bachmann Accuses Clinton Aide of Being Muslim Brotherhood Infiltrator!

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
All I can say is that Bachmann better damn well have some solid evidence. Otherwise, she risks plunging this country into yet another era of political witch-hunts the likes of which we haven't seen since the days of McCarthyism and the Red scares of the 1950s.

Keep in mind that George W. Bush, to his credit, worked to prevent this very thing from happening in the aftermath of the 9-11 attacks over ten years ago. And frankly, all this fear-mongering can't do us any good overseas in the Muslim world if our country is perceived as virulently anti-Muslim JUST LIKE their extremist groups have been saying for years. Bachmann could actually elevate these groups if and when she makes blanket charges without any real proof.

Furthermore, while I know for a fact that many elected representatives from both parties have a tendency to engage in posturing on a wide variety of issues in an effort to get some attention (as in free press), I would hate to believe that any member of Congress, regardless of political party, could be so irresponsible as to launch a merit-less attack on the loyalty of any group of our fellow citizens simply to raise his or her own profile, especially considering the needless damage it could do to countless lives in the process.

"It appears that there has been deep penetration in the halls of our United States government by the Muslim Brotherhood,” Bachmann told radio host Sandy Rios in June. “It appears that there are individuals who are associated with the Muslim Brotherhood who have positions, very sensitive positions, in our Department of Justice, our Department of Homeland Security, potentially even in the National Intelligence Agency."

Michele Bachmann Points To Huma Abedin As Muslim Brotherhood Infiltrator

Firesign Theater kept us in fits of laughter at a time.

Lennon might have been a bit radical, but (G.) Marx was always 'on'.

Last edited:
"Mccarthyism".........................lol

The myth of the hollywood holocaust continues !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Darlings

Mustang
All I can say is that Bachmann better damn well have some solid evidence. Otherwise, she risks plunging this country into yet another era of political witch-hunts the likes of which we haven't seen since the days of McCarthyism and the Red scares of the 1950s.

Naw ... the rw's love lies like this. Watch the comments in this thread. They will agree with dingbat Bachmann.

And, look at the reaction to Alan West lying about Communists in the Dem party. They ate it up, never looked for evidence or proof and, as far as the rw's are concerned, its now engraved in stone.

To McCain's credit, he said that Bachmann made a groundless attack.

shes a real jackass

If the charges are groundless, this is well beyond being a jackass. This would be an indication that she's wholly unfit to hold office.

To be fair, I should also add that when I first heard this story, Bachmann was one of 5 Republican members of Congress to call into question the possibility of Muslim extremist infiltration in the US Gov't.

The others are:

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX)
Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ)
Rep. Thomas Rooney (R-FL)
Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-GA).

In a released statement, John McCain slapped down the accusation (and Bachmann, I might add).

“To say that the accusations made...are not substantiated by the evidence they offer is to be overly polite and diplomatic about it. It is far better, and more accurate, to talk straight: These allegations about Huma, and the report from which they are drawn, are nothing less than an unwarranted and unfounded attack on an honorable woman, a dedicated American, and a loyal public servant.

“The letter alleges that three members of Huma’s family are ‘connected to Muslim Brotherhood operatives and/or organizations.’ Never mind that one of those individuals, Huma’s father, passed away two decades ago. The letter and the report offer not one instance of an action, a decision, or a public position that Huma has taken while at the State Department that would lend credence to the charge that she is promoting anti-American activities within our government. Nor does either document offer any evidence of a direct impact that Huma may have had on one of the U.S. policies with which the authors of the letter and the producers of the report find fault. These sinister accusations rest solely on a few unspecified and unsubstantiated associations of members of Huma’s family, none of which have been shown to harm or threaten the United States in any way. These attacks on Huma have no logic, no basis, and no merit. And they need to stop now.

McCain refutes accusations by fellow Republicans about Hillary Clinton aide – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

She is a joke.

She is a joke.

Then the people in her district ought to turn her out of office and give her a chance to shine in the private sector.

her district must be drinking con kool aid :booze: by the truckload to keep electing her :rolleyes:

I seem to recall reading that her district has recently been redrawn and is now more competitive. She's an embarrassment to her state. They'll throw her out if they've got any sense.

Perhaps they can start by scrutinizing that jihadist apologist p.o.s. Keith Ellison.......................

Mustang
Naw ... the rw's love lies like this. Watch the comments in this thread. They will agree with dingbat Bachmann.

And, look at the reaction to Alan West lying about Communists in the Dem party. They ate it up, never looked for evidence or proof and, as far as the rw's are concerned, its now engraved in stone.

To McCain's credit, he said that Bachmann made a groundless attack.

It's not likely that Bachmann is going to apologize. Question is whether or not she'll drop the issue or double down. Considering that McCain publicly chastised her on the Senate floor, my guess is that she'll just move on to another supposed 'national crisis' in order to milk all the free publicity (and campaign contributions) she can get out of it.

Looks like Republicans have finally had enough of Bachmann's BS.

Republicans line up to rip Michele Bachmann

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said merely floating the idea that Huma Abedin — a top aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton — has family ties to the radical Middle East group is “pretty dangerous.”

“I don’t know Huma, but from everything I do know of her, she has a sterling character,” Boehner told reporters Thursday. “And I think accusations like this being thrown around are pretty dangerous.” Later on CNN, Boehner said he expects to speak to Bachmann soon.

Read more: Republicans line up to rip Michele Bachmann - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

There are others listed in the article.

LOL I'll wait to see what happens. . I've seen too many articles to NOT say this....Hillary should NOT have gone to meet with Egypt's Prez , he's the head of Muslim Brotherhood, so who set that meeting up? (I know you all are talking about Weenie Wieners wife) and who the fluck is hillary going to meet that dogface woman hater in Egypt. and When the fluck are we stopping aid to PackisFudge and EjunkEgypt? i see dogeater isn't saying sheet is he?

Wait and see time. Wait and see.

Forum List

Back