micheal moore is FAT and WRONG

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
http://www.threequestionmarks.com/MichaelMoore.html

Michael Moore Is Fat And Wrong

Nothing is less fun than talking about race. I don't give a crap about race. I am an individualist and I believe that every human being should be judged upon their own merits. I derive no pride from nor have any allegiance to race, heritage, gender or any other coincidental circumstance of which I was not involved in choosing or creating. My pride is limited to that which bears my fingerprints period. I suggest the same for you.
What is it about people like Michael Moore that makes them jump up and down screaming about black this, white that? Haven't they yet realized where that conversation goes? I read his latest book called Stupid White Men (I got it for my birthday) and I saw his latest movie called Bowling For Columbine. I hated them both. They both made me sick to my stomach. I think he is wrong, and/or misleading about everything. The worst thing is that he is obsessed with race He consistently ends up saying black this, white that. Do we really have to keep breaking things down like that -- by color -- by race?

Sadly, it almost seems like I am alone in this. Lately, it seems like everybody loves Bowling For Columbine, even people who I consider friends. To sum up the movie, it's about how stupid, silly and evil white America is and how misrepresented black America is and how white people are all running around, scared half to death and so they buy guns which kill children. --- It all seems to come down to guns --- how? I don't know. His logic is the wackiest of any human on earth. He thinks Dick Clark is to blame for a dead first grader in Flint Michigan.
Having been self employed as an artist and landlord, I haven't had a real 9 to 5 job since 1990. I have spent much of that extra time being a bit obsessed with politics --- or more specifically, pursuing ideas relating to fairness and reason. I am obsessed with the concepts. What is fair? What is reasonable? I ask myself these questions everyday. In some respects, it has been a tremendous benefit in dealing with people, but most of the time I find that humans aren't really interested in fairness or reason. They are more interested in sensationalism. That is Michael Moore's whole gig. He is the epitome of a sensationalist. While I watched Bowling For Columbine, my stomach turned as I saw him fudging facts for his own political ends. It also turned because my stomach always turns before I have to write a big paper. I may be kinda lazy, but I am fair and reasonable. So in fairness, I offer to you this retort to his movie. I hope you understand that I bring numbers and statistics merely to understand the real problems society faces and to shed some light on where they really are. --- These links and numbers are NOT meant to be sensational, and in fact you'll find more enlightenment within them than you will in my rants. Please please please click the links and check yourself. Unfortunately, some of this is in response to Moore's allegations of race. While the topic is no fun, I'm inclined to respond directly, with data. Egads.
I'll get the race stuff out of the way first.
Despite Michael Moore's lament that black people are a "misrepresented peaceful group" while pimpled white kids in the suburbs are bloodthirsty killers, according to The US Department of Justice and the FBI; Homicide and Gun crime in The United States are almost 50% centered within the black population (only 11% percent of the total population)
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/01cius.htm
The Brady Center (gun control advocates) agree.
http://www.bradycenter.org/stop2/facts/fs3.asp
Despite The one black guy Michael Moore saw in Canada (he was from Detroit), there are virtually no Black people In Canada. They make up approximately 1% of Canada's population, America has more black people than Canada has people.
http://gslc.genetics.utah.edu
http://www.statcan.ca/
Mr. Moore suggests that the USA with it's "stupid white male" leaders is the most violent, gun toting country on the globe and in desperate need of tougher gun control. But, according to the United Nations International Study on Firearm Regulation one might observe that; more guns, fewer black people and less gun control = less death by gun (see Finland, Sweden, and New Zealand). One might also observe that a higher black population (with or without gun control) = more death and murder by gun and apparently any other means as well (see Brazil, South Africa, and Jamaica) ...and its worth noting that in Japan, a land that is all Japanese (only 1.2% of the population are non Japanese) + total gun control= virtually no murder by gun. These aren't my numbers -- don't get mad at me.
http://www.uncjin.org/Statistics/firearms/index.htm
Maybe Michael Moore should skip the 4.5 Bacon Double Cheese Burgers for lunch today and try some sushi --- or no ---- Canadian sushi --- maybe that's the answer. Do as they do, eat like they eat. Isn't that the way Moore logic works? Maybe reality really works more like this; While Michael Moore speaks so highly of Japan's low gun violence rates, it might be fun to read this recent xenophobic, anti-foreigner article written by Tokyo Governor ISHIHARA. The freely elected Governor basically sums up the Japanese attitudes and policies concerning ethnic diversity when he praises the Tokyo Police leaflet which boldly states "If you see a foreigner, think thief." He wraps up his call to the "genetically docile and law abiding" people of Japan with an ominous warning: "The entire nature of Japanese society itself will be altered by the spread of this type of crime [heinous murder] that is indicative of the ethnic DNA [of the Chinese]". Hitler would be so proud.
http://www.issho.org/
That's the race part. Most of us, especially me, are very happy that the USA strives to be a land of racial diversity and would never want that to change, but clearly, we sacrifice a bit of safety for diversity. That is a sacrifice I am willing to make especially because most of the problems above could be solved with a complete overhaul of our education and prison systems. More on that in another issue. But to sum it up, the slogan for the prison system might be "It's never too late for a good upbringing." Back to the retort. There is so much more.
It is quite apparent to anyone that Canada is a fairly decent and safe place to live, especially if you like to pay up to 60% of your income as taxes. In light of that fact, It should definitely be reassuring to citizens of the USA that according to the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI), The United States consistently ranks behind Canada in crime victimization statistics for developed countries. You are more likely to be the victim of a crime in England, Canada, Australia or France than in this violent hellhole of a country of ours. Hey, didn't the USA save some of those countries asses in a war or two once or twice?
http://www.unicri.it/
While Michael Moore would have you running scared to the Spy Shop to purchase a bullet proof vest, take some solace in this; according to The National Safety Council, it is far more likely that you will die as you trip and fall down in your freaked out rush -- or holy crap, be careful, it's also more likely that you'll get killed by a car on your way to the Spy Shop than it is that you'll be shot by a snot-nosed, poor, welfare child in your lifetime.
http://www.nsc.org/lrs/statinfo/odds.htm
You wanna get scared? Forget guns, according to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention statistics, the leading causes of death throughout an average American's lifetime don't hardly include random death by guns, in fact guns rank quite low. On the other hand Michael Moore's apparent closest and constant companions, butter, bacon, lard and laziness rank very very high -- at the top even -- number one. Michael Moore is the poster child for humans who disregard death prevention. Michael, Butter kills better than bullets. For the love of children, take action, make them stop selling it.
http://webapp.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/leadcaus10.html

Trustworthy and enlightening statistics are out there -- a few internet searches and common sense go a long way. Unfortunately, sense is quite uncommon while self hating, sensationalistic, deceptive filmmakers like Mr. Moore care more about selling tickets to a movie, gaining popularity and hob nobbing with self righteous, power thirsty, fact fudging stars, than shedding any real light or suggesting any real solutions to some very real (but mathematically much less significant than breast cancer or pedestrians being hit by cars) problems. Interesting, national crime has risen since Kmart stopped selling ammo. I guess the snipers found bullets somewhere else. (George W. Bush personally gave it to them I'm sure). Of course reasonable people doubt any significant correlation between Kmart and murder, I wish the same could be true for the doom and gloom, republican hating, conspiracy obsessed fans of Michael Moore. (Don't take that personally ----- be tough.)

If we could only rid the planet of the NRA and Mr.Heston, (who never gave a speech anything like the one you see Him give in the film, the Heston speech you see in the film was created by Michael Moore) then no more schoolkids would die and the "CIA driven planes" would stop flying into our best buildings. (The most ridiculous and offensive ten feet of film ever --- blaming Ronald Reagan and the CIA for the world trade center disaster -- cool -- so subversive.) I'd include a link to a passage in the Koran that calls for the murder of infidels but I haven't the space -- I'll loan you the book. While you're at it read the Bible, the Book of Mormon and the Kabalah. There is enough justification for killing those with whom you and God disagree to kill us all --- in HIS name of course.
A few more questions for you.
Why didn't Moore interview:
• any actual residents of South Central LA? These stats seem to suggest that, yes, in fact south central LA is dangerous as hell.
http://www.lapdonline.com/
• the parents of the Columbine killers or the bullies who called the killers faggots and pussies and threatened them everyday?
• the man who left clear access of his illegal handgun to a six year old?
http://www.publicagenda.org/headlines
What is his obsession with dying school children anyway? -- We went to school, we're not dead -- and stats haven't significantly changed since we were there.
http://nces.ed.gov/pubs98/violence/index.html
Any idea what world wide murder rates were before guns? World history is all about enslavement and murder and genocide. Guns only helped to curb the slaughter which is human history.
By the way, without Dick Clark's and Charleton Heston's co-evil conspirators --- Lockheed Martin --, and the state of the art weapons of war they produce, we might all be Muslim, Nazi's or communists -- and not by choice. At least there'd be no infidels to kill --- they'd already be dead --- or at least reprogrammed. Lockheed Martin has certainly helped our military keep many rambunctious tyrants at bay. Besides, Denver's Lockheed plant doesn't produce weapons anyway, they make rockets to launch TV satellites and such. Moore can't get anything right.
I can't stop ---- what really offends me about Moore is that he capitalizes on the wonderful human willingness to trust. I am 50 percent wrong for directing this anger towards his fans. After all he is using all of the tricks of the trade; humor, music (scary when it needs to be) and charm to weave his web of fudged facts. Like me, he was an ugly fat kid (I wasn't fat, I was freckled and too skinny) who surely felt the wrath of the genetically gifted. It is no surprise that he is still to this day wreaking revenge upon the subjects of his jealousy. As any ugly kid who discovers humor as a defense mechanism will tell you, (just ask me) the easiest way to get ahead when things seem so stacked against you is -- identify the folks with the most power and influence and learn how to do a good impersonation of them -- then you can make them look like an ass when they leave the room. Always make them seem incompetent and evil -- but in a funny way -- you know, so you still look holy -- like a good guy. Drawing funny pictures of the boss works well too. His whole gimmick, and such his philosophy, is wrapped up in the scene where he says (while suggesting a sub series called "Corporate Cops") "What American wouldn't love to see his boss chased down and beaten?" This is the core of his gimmick. It is and always has been quite effective.
What really sucks is that, to combat this method is difficult. It is hard enough convincing people to be skeptical when trust is such a necessary element in a civilized society, but when you get clowns like Moore who proclaim that he is *the* ultimate skeptic, he taps into that last remaining ounce of trust left in the people who consider themselves skeptical.-- They don't check his facts because "why would he lie when his whole gig is to uncover the real story?" He is no idiot. He knows very well what he is doing and that is why I get so pissed. To a point, I understand those who trust his figures and theories -- we have to trust somebody -- but I can't excuse them. People must tune their own bullshit detectors.
I can't be everywhere ---- or can I?
merkley???
www.threequestionmarks.com

Back to "Rants In My Pants"

Read the hate mail generated by this article.

Hey, while you're here, why not check out some of my art and photography? click the link, I'd love to hear what you think.

email me jerkwad

another article which, scene by scene uncovers more of Moore's deceptive tactics in Bowling for Columbine can be found here:
http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

An absolutely terrific psychological analysis of Michael Moore written by a hot chick from texas can be found here:
http://www.rachellucas.com/archives/000255.html

another fine fella has combined most available research here:
www.bowlingfortruth.com

for even more on moron moore check out
www.moorewatch.com

Originally posted by Pale Rider

Wow. This has some substance to it. I have deleted the bulk of it, it's too long. I have to say on the face of it, I agree with most of it. While I have no desire to have a gun in my home, I have way too quick of a temper and there are no Indians or criminals at my door most of the time, (though in honesty, last night some kids blew my mailbox to smithereens with firecrackers), I don't think there are a whole lot of folk I need to blow away. If the Ex is out there, don't be so sure I'm telling the truth. :p:

I come to the race issue from a privileged background. I know that and acknowledge such. I grew up and live in a rich county in the USA. The blacks, Hispanics, and Asians I've known, well shite they come from the same. Which I guess is my point. My educational background and personal background lead me to believe that most of the racial problems are socioeconomic. Meaning that those of us with similar background get along just fine.

As a Caucasian female with post college education, doubt that a white guy with 8th grade education would be very attractive to me or vice versa.

Get my drift?

Originally posted by Kathianne

Wow. This has some substance to it. I have deleted the bulk of it, it's too long. I have to say on the face of it, I agree with most of it. While I have no desire to have a gun in my home, I have way too quick of a temper and there are no Indians or criminals at my door most of the time, (though in honesty, last night some kids blew my mailbox to smithereens with firecrackers), I don't think there are a whole lot of folk I need to blow away. If the Ex is out there, don't be so sure I'm telling the truth. :p:

I come to the race issue from a privileged background. I know that and acknowledge such. I grew up and live in a rich county in the USA. The blacks, Hispanics, and Asians I've known, well shite they come from the same. Which I guess is my point. My educational background and personal background lead me to believe that most of the racial problems are socioeconomic. Meaning that those of us with similar background get along just fine.

As a Caucasian female with post college education, doubt that a white guy with 8th grade education would be very attractive to me or vice versa.

Get my drift?

Ya I get your drift, but I'm afraid everytime articles get "shortened", (and then some don't), people won't read it all.

The window will only allow so much to be posted anyway, why do you need to shorten it?

Ya I get your drift, but I'm afraid everytime articles get "shortened", (and then some don't), people won't read it all.

The window will only allow so much to be posted anyway, why do you need to shorten it?

bandwidth. You can't go back?

Originally posted by Kathianne
bandwidth. You can't go back?

If it's that important, I'll be sure to help out and point out the next looong post I see... :rolleyes:

"Pictures" take up FAR more bandwith than "type".

Get rid of the photo section.

If it's that important, I'll be sure to help out and point out the next looong post I see... :rolleyes:

Here you go:

Nothing is less fun than talking about race. I don't give a crap about race. I am an individualist and I believe that every human being should be judged upon their own merits. I derive no pride from nor have any allegiance to race, heritage, gender or any other coincidental circumstance of which I was not involved in choosing or creating. My pride is limited to that which bears my fingerprints period. I suggest the same for you.
What is it about people like Michael Moore that makes them jump up and down screaming about black this, white that? Haven't they yet realized where that conversation goes? I read his latest book called Stupid White Men (I got it for my birthday) and I saw his latest movie called Bowling For Columbine. I hated them both. They both made me sick to my stomach. I think he is wrong, and/or misleading about everything. The worst thing is that he is obsessed with race He consistently ends up saying black this, white that. Do we really have to keep breaking things down like that -- by color -- by race?

Sadly, it almost seems like I am alone in this. Lately, it seems like everybody loves Bowling For Columbine, even people who I consider friends. To sum up the movie, it's about how stupid, silly and evil white America is and how misrepresented black America is and how white people are all running around, scared half to death and so they buy guns which kill children. --- It all seems to come down to guns --- how? I don't know. His logic is the wackiest of any human on earth. He thinks Dick Clark is to blame for a dead first grader in Flint Michigan.
Having been self employed as an artist and landlord, I haven't had a real 9 to 5 job since 1990. I have spent much of that extra time being a bit obsessed with politics --- or more specifically, pursuing ideas relating to fairness and reason. I am obsessed with the concepts. What is fair? What is reasonable? I ask myself these questions everyday. In some respects, it has been a tremendous benefit in dealing with people, but most of the time I find that humans aren't really interested in fairness or reason. They are more interested in sensationalism. That is Michael Moore's whole gig. He is the epitome of a sensationalist. While I watched Bowling For Columbine, my stomach turned as I saw him fudging facts for his own political ends. It also turned because my stomach always turns before I have to write a big paper. I may be kinda lazy, but I am fair and reasonable. So in fairness, I offer to you this retort to his movie. I hope you understand that I bring numbers and statistics merely to understand the real problems society faces and to shed some light on where they really are. --- These links and numbers are NOT meant to be sensational, and in fact you'll find more enlightenment within them than you will in my rants. Please please please click the links and check yourself. Unfortunately, some of this is in response to Moore's allegations of race. While the topic is no fun, I'm inclined to respond directly, with data. Egads.
I'll get the race stuff out of the way first.
Despite Michael Moore's lament that black people are a "misrepresented peaceful group" while pimpled white kids in the suburbs are bloodthirsty killers, according to The US Department of Justice and the FBI; Homicide and Gun crime in The United States are almost 50% centered within the black population (only 11% percent of the total population)
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/01cius.htm
The Brady Center (gun control advocates) agree.
http://www.bradycenter.org/stop2/facts/fs3.asp
Despite The one black guy Michael Moore saw in Canada (he was from Detroit), there are virtually no Black people In Canada. They make up approximately 1% of Canada's population, America has more black people than Canada has people.
http://gslc.genetics.utah.edu
http://www.statcan.ca/
Mr. Moore suggests that the USA with it's "stupid white male" leaders is the most violent, gun toting country on the globe and in desperate need of tougher gun control. But, according to the United Nations International Study on Firearm Regulation one might observe that; more guns, fewer black people and less gun control = less death by gun (see Finland, Sweden, and New Zealand). One might also observe that a higher black population (with or without gun control) = more death and murder by gun and apparently any other means as well (see Brazil, South Africa, and Jamaica) ...and its worth noting that in Japan, a land that is all Japanese (only 1.2% of the population are non Japanese) + total gun control= virtually no murder by gun. These aren't my numbers -- don't get mad at me.
http://www.uncjin.org/Statistics/firearms/index.htm
Maybe Michael Moore should skip the 4.5 Bacon Double Cheese Burgers for lunch today and try some sushi --- or no ---- Canadian sushi --- maybe that's the answer. Do as they do, eat like they eat. Isn't that the way Moore logic works? Maybe reality really works more like this; While Michael Moore speaks so highly of Japan's low gun violence rates, it might be fun to read this recent xenophobic, anti-foreigner article written by Tokyo Governor ISHIHARA. The freely elected Governor basically sums up the Japanese attitudes and policies concerning ethnic diversity when he praises the Tokyo Police leaflet which boldly states "If you see a foreigner, think thief." He wraps up his call to the "genetically docile and law abiding" people of Japan with an ominous warning: "The entire nature of Japanese society itself will be altered by the spread of this type of crime [heinous murder] that is indicative of the ethnic DNA [of the Chinese]". Hitler would be so proud.
http://www.issho.org/
That's the race part. Most of us, especially me, are very happy that the USA strives to be a land of racial diversity and would never want that to change, but clearly, we sacrifice a bit of safety for diversity. That is a sacrifice I am willing to make especially because most of the problems above could be solved with a complete overhaul of our education and prison systems. More on that in another issue. But to sum it up, the slogan for the prison system might be "It's never too late for a good upbringing." Back to the retort. There is so much more.
It is quite apparent to anyone that Canada is a fairly decent and safe place to live, especially if you like to pay up to 60% of your income as taxes. In light of that fact, It should definitely be reassuring to citizens of the USA that according to the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI), The United States consistently ranks behind Canada in crime victimization statistics for developed countries. You are more likely to be the victim of a crime in England, Canada, Australia or France than in this violent hellhole of a country of ours. Hey, didn't the USA save some of those countries asses in a war or two once or twice?
http://www.unicri.it/
While Michael Moore would have you running scared to the Spy Shop to purchase a bullet proof vest, take some solace in this; according to The National Safety Council, it is far more likely that you will die as you trip and fall down in your freaked out rush -- or holy crap, be careful, it's also more likely that you'll get killed by a car on your way to the Spy Shop than it is that you'll be shot by a snot-nosed, poor, welfare child in your lifetime.
http://www.nsc.org/lrs/statinfo/odds.htm
You wanna get scared? Forget guns, according to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention statistics, the leading causes of death throughout an average American's lifetime don't hardly include random death by guns, in fact guns rank quite low. On the other hand Michael Moore's apparent closest and constant companions, butter, bacon, lard and laziness rank very very high -- at the top even -- number one. Michael Moore is the poster child for humans who disregard death prevention. Michael, Butter kills better than bullets. For the love of children, take action, make them stop selling it.
http://webapp.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/leadcaus10.html

Trustworthy and enlightening statistics are out there -- a few internet searches and common sense go a long way. Unfortunately, sense is quite uncommon while self hating, sensationalistic, deceptive filmmakers like Mr. Moore care more about selling tickets to a movie, gaining popularity and hob nobbing with self righteous, power thirsty, fact fudging stars, than shedding any real light or suggesting any real solutions to some very real (but mathematically much less significant than breast cancer or pedestrians being hit by cars) problems. Interesting, national crime has risen since Kmart stopped selling ammo. I guess the snipers found bullets somewhere else. (George W. Bush personally gave it to them I'm sure). Of course reasonable people doubt any significant correlation between Kmart and murder, I wish the same could be true for the doom and gloom, republican hating, conspiracy obsessed fans of Michael Moore. (Don't take that personally ----- be tough.)

If we could only rid the planet of the NRA and Mr.Heston, (who never gave a speech anything like the one you see Him give in the film, the Heston speech you see in the film was created by Michael Moore) then no more schoolkids would die and the "CIA driven planes" would stop flying into our best buildings. (The most ridiculous and offensive ten feet of film ever --- blaming Ronald Reagan and the CIA for the world trade center disaster -- cool -- so subversive.) I'd include a link to a passage in the Koran that calls for the murder of infidels but I haven't the space -- I'll loan you the book. While you're at it read the Bible, the Book of Mormon and the Kabalah. There is enough justification for killing those with whom you and God disagree to kill us all --- in HIS name of course.
A few more questions for you.
Why didn't Moore interview:
• any actual residents of South Central LA? These stats seem to suggest that, yes, in fact south central LA is dangerous as hell.
http://www.lapdonline.com/
• the parents of the Columbine killers or the bullies who called the killers faggots and pussies and threatened them everyday?
• the man who left clear access of his illegal handgun to a six year old?
http://www.publicagenda.org/headlines
What is his obsession with dying school children anyway? -- We went to school, we're not dead -- and stats haven't significantly changed since we were there.
http://nces.ed.gov/pubs98/violence/index.html
Any idea what world wide murder rates were before guns? World history is all about enslavement and murder and genocide. Guns only helped to curb the slaughter which is human history.
By the way, without Dick Clark's and Charleton Heston's co-evil conspirators --- Lockheed Martin --, and the state of the art weapons of war they produce, we might all be Muslim, Nazi's or communists -- and not by choice. At least there'd be no infidels to kill --- they'd already be dead --- or at least reprogrammed. Lockheed Martin has certainly helped our military keep many rambunctious tyrants at bay. Besides, Denver's Lockheed plant doesn't produce weapons anyway, they make rockets to launch TV satellites and such. Moore can't get anything right.
I can't stop ---- what really offends me about Moore is that he capitalizes on the wonderful human willingness to trust. I am 50 percent wrong for directing this anger towards his fans. After all he is using all of the tricks of the trade; humor, music (scary when it needs to be) and charm to weave his web of fudged facts. Like me, he was an ugly fat kid (I wasn't fat, I was freckled and too skinny) who surely felt the wrath of the genetically gifted. It is no surprise that he is still to this day wreaking revenge upon the subjects of his jealousy. As any ugly kid who discovers humor as a defense mechanism will tell you, (just ask me) the easiest way to get ahead when things seem so stacked against you is -- identify the folks with the most power and influence and learn how to do a good impersonation of them -- then you can make them look like an ass when they leave the room. Always make them seem incompetent and evil -- but in a funny way -- you know, so you still look holy -- like a good guy. Drawing funny pictures of the boss works well too. His whole gimmick, and such his philosophy, is wrapped up in the scene where he says (while suggesting a sub series called "Corporate Cops") "What American wouldn't love to see his boss chased down and beaten?" This is the core of his gimmick. It is and always has been quite effective.
What really sucks is that, to combat this method is difficult. It is hard enough convincing people to be skeptical when trust is such a necessary element in a civilized society, but when you get clowns like Moore who proclaim that he is *the* ultimate skeptic, he taps into that last remaining ounce of trust left in the people who consider themselves skeptical.-- They don't check his facts because "why would he lie when his whole gig is to uncover the real story?" He is no idiot. He knows very well what he is doing and that is why I get so pissed. To a point, I understand those who trust his figures and theories -- we have to trust somebody -- but I can't excuse them. People must tune their own bullshit detectors.
I can't be everywhere ---- or can I?

Forum List

Back