Micheal Dunn Back To Court

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
This is the loud music killer that has already been convicted but the prosecution wants to retry for 1rst degree murder to get it right. I say its a good thing. This feral animal should be convicted of 1rst degree murder. His crime is especially heinous because the only reason he did it was because he had a gun and the person he killed was Black. We all know what that entails

Loud music retrial Prosecutors want murder conviction - CNN.com

I am not sure what the 1st Degree Murder conviction would entail other then more years being added to sentence. He more then likely will spend the rest of his life in jail with the current sentence. This seems like a waste of time and taxpayer duckets. I am however very glad he got convicted because this man is clearly unhinged and a threat to society.

How can they retry him for the same crime?

Not condoning what he did, but I understand the motivation.

I am not sure what the 1st Degree Murder conviction would entail other then more years being added to sentence. He more then likely will spend the rest of his life in jail with the current sentence. This seems like a waste of time and taxpayer duckets. I am however very glad he got convicted because this man is clearly unhinged and a threat to society.
Peace of mind and justice for the family. Its a slap in the face to not convict him of 1rst degree murder when plainly thats exactly what it was.

To hear prosecutor Angela Corey tell it, it's about justice.

"Justice for Jordan Davis is as important as it is for any victim," she said after the first trial in February.

CNN legal analyst Paul Callan said he can see how some people might think it defies logic to try the case again, but from Davis' parents' perspective, it makes all the sense in the world.

"If he winds up with 60 or 75 years in jail, from a pragmatic standpoint it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to retry the case," Callan said after the first trial.

"On the other hand if you're the parents of Jordan Davis and you believe, as well you should, that your son's reputation has been besmirched by this self-defense claim, the family (might) want a retrial, and that's something that a prosecutor has to consider carefully."

Last edited:

Must be some loophole to circumvent the double jeopardy rule.

I'd love to see the law on that. Sounds completely unconstitutional. Think of it this way, any prosecutor could then look at a crime, under charge the litigant, win a conviction on the lesser charge, then move up the prosecution ladder with higher offenses, hoping for a new conviction each time. I don't see how it's legal.

Because we have a president who hates The Constitution, a First Lady who is rarely if ever proud of her country and all sorts of pond scum advisers to the Administration whose raison d'etre is race hustling.

Oh yeah, and we have a dumbed-down electorate who are too busy watching Dancing With the Stars to know that their Constitution is being shredded right before their eyes, and too stupid to care.

I'd love to see the law on that. Sounds completely unconstitutional. Think of it this way, any prosecutor could then look at a crime, under charge the litigant, win a conviction on the lesser charge, then move up the prosecution ladder with higher offenses, hoping for a new conviction each time. I don't see how it's legal.
Thats not what they did. They originally charged him with 1rst degree murder.

Thats not what they did. They originally charged him with 1rst degree murder.

He already was tried and convicted of a lesser charge. It's all done.

Peace of mind and justice for the family. Its a slap in the face to not convict him of 1rst degree murder when plainly thats exactly what it was.

"Justice for Jordan Davis is as important as it is for any victim," she said after the first trial in February.

CNN legal analyst Paul Callan said he can see how some people might think it defies logic to try the case again, but from Davis' parents' perspective, it makes all the sense in the world.

"If he winds up with 60 or 75 years in jail, from a pragmatic standpoint it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to retry the case," Callan said after the first trial.

"On the other hand if you're the parents of Jordan Davis and you believe, as well you should, that your son's reputation has been besmirched by this self-defense claim, the family (might) want a retrial, and that's something that a prosecutor has to consider carefully."

Be that as it may, I am not sure a Murder One charge would even stick. Doesn't the State have to prove he intended to murder premeditatively? I don't think it's a slap in the face of victims considering he will die in jail.

Be that as it may, I am not sure a Murder One charge would even stick. Doesn't the State have to prove he intended to murder premeditatively? I don't think it's a slap in the face of victims considering he will die in jail.
And evidently they already failed to do this, so it would be double jeopardy.

I'm pretty sure you dont think that. It wasnt one of your loved ones. Evidently the parents want it.

No. He was not acquitted. No DJ applies unless he is acquitted.

No. He was not acquitted. No DJ applies unless he is acquitted.

You said he was he was tried for Murder 1 but was not convicted of Murder 1. Or did you get that wrong?

a few good sharts said:
Yeah, we've already seen most of The Constitution thrown away under the Obama Administration: may as well go ahead and erase the double jeopardy clause now, too. :thup:

asclepias said:
Its sad you dont understand that double jeopardy has no bearing on this case. He was not acquitted and retried.

It's even sadder that you want to shred The Constitution, you goddamned retard.

Maybe we should go ahead and wipe out the 13th Amendment, too, while we're at it, eh?

Forum List

Back