Michael Steele-Vote Republican? “You Really Don't Have a Reason to, to Be Honest”

Hey Bonehead, was LBJ a Republican or a Democrat?

Democrat. I don't get where you're going with the racism argument, do you think that republican politicians at the time weren't racist or anything either partly?

Lyndon B. Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Time of his death in November 1963, but it was Johnson who pushed it through the Senate and signed it into law on July 2, 1964. Legend has it that, as he put down his pen, Johnson told an aide, "We have lost the South for a generation", anticipating a coming backlash from Southern whites against Johnson's Democratic Party.[37]

History speaks for itself. All you have is a quote by a Conservative writer who got his information from a third hand source.

In June, 2006 Kessler became chief Washington correspondent of Newsmax, a conservative website and magazine.[15]

Laura Bush (2006), a biography of the first lady; A Matter of Character (2004), an admiring look at George W. Bush's presidency; and Inside the White House (1995),

This alone is all I need to know about Mr. Kessler.

Q. Who had MLK and Malcolm X whacked? A. LBJ

Democrat. I don't get where you're going with the racism argument, do you think that republican politicians at the time weren't racist or anything either partly?

History speaks for itself. All you have is a quote by a Conservative writer who got his information from a third hand source.

Laura Bush (2006), a biography of the first lady; A Matter of Character (2004), an admiring look at George W. Bush's presidency; and Inside the White House (1995),

LBJ had MLK assassinated, after he pushed through civil rights? LBJ knew that he had lost the Southern Democrats by doing so, but he did what he knew to be the right thing. Sure enough, Southern Democrats [Conservatives] registered as republicans from then on.

Face it. The GOP just isn't good at reaching out to black America. That's how they got Michael Steele.

What more proof do you need?

Seriously, the GOP has proven in the past it can win with only 10% support among black voters, why try to fix what aint broke?

Wait...I thought it was only 5%. :eusa_eh:

Well, theoretically they can make that up by energizing turn out in the base.:lol:

Seriously, think of the GOP as a business selling a product. The fact that one demographic might want nothing to do with your product doesn't mean you can't be successful selling to others.

But...but...but...we've been told that 95% of all blacks voted for Obama.

He's just being honest. The Republican Party has made little to no effort at all to trying bring more black Americans in their party and try to explain to them why they their policies would be better than the Democrats. They just write them off.

Because it's hard to explain to the "gimme" crowd that by working harder they will get to keep more of what they earn, since they have no earnings.
The GOP would do much better reaching out to Hispanics, as Bush did in both elections, who actually are interested in working hard and getting ahead. Hispanics will outnumber blacks in a few years anyway.

So African Americans are the "gimme" crowd huh? That's not racist or anything. :eusa_eh:

I simply cannot understand why black voters are not flocking to the Party that says they all vote for the same racist reason, they all think alike, and they all are just looking for a hand out. I mean, c'mon....

Happened to glance at the thread's title......then the author of the thread: RDEAN.

No matter what your position on the political spectrum, ask yourself the question:

DO YOU THINK THERE'LL BE ANY DIFFERENCE IF THE THREAD WAS AUTHORED FROM THE SEWERS HOUSING MOVEON. ORG, DAILY KOS, MEDIA MATTERS, ETC....or any other of that trash ?????

'nuff said.

OK......I suppose it's only right to expect the "snappy comebacks" to be......"but then what about automatically assuming that some of the articles were from the WSJ, Charles Krauthammer, Limbaugh, etc. ? "

Last edited:
Further evidence that Steele needs to go.

Be honest, did you really need any more "evidence" after you saw his skin color?

I think it's funny that the RNC hired a black chairperson in the hopes it would make them immune from the continued criticism of the fact that they're the party of racists (as it was once perfectly put, "I'm not saying all Republicans are racist... but if you're a racist in this country, let's face it, you're voting Republican."), then are made to look like fools and put in the uncomfortable position of having to either fire him and look just as bad because he's not as much of an Uncle Tom as they were hoping for and acknowledges how racist sections of the party are or put up with him speaking out on that subject. Either way it reveals how insular and narrow is their base and how poorly they've reached out to minority voters.

They fucked themselves by playing a cynical game and now it's highly entertaining to watch the fallout.

Further evidence that Steele needs to go.

Be honest, did you really need any more "evidence" after you saw his skin color?

I think it's funny that the RNC hired a black chairperson in the hopes it would make them immune from the continued criticism of the fact that they're the party of racists (as it was once perfectly put, "I'm not saying all Republicans are racist... but if you're a racist in this country, let's face it, you're voting Republican."), then are made to look like fools and put in the uncomfortable position of having to either fire him and look just as bad because he's not as much of an Uncle Tom as they were hoping for and acknowledges how racist sections of the party are or put up with him speaking out on that subject. Either way it reveals how insular and narrow is their base and how poorly they've reached out to minority voters.

They fucked themselves by playing a cynical game and now it's highly entertaining to watch the fallout.

Behonest: Have you ever met a Republican?
When I asked RDean this he tap danced around it and averred he might have seen one on the subway.
I would bet your experiences are about as meaningful.

Norman Butler, Thomas Johnson and Talmage Hayer were convicted after trial of the murder of Malcolm X. All three were Black Muslims. Lee Harvey Oswald was himself killed before he could be tried, but everyone believes he shot MLK Jr. (Many do think Oswald may not have acted alone, including MLK Jr's widow, Corette Scott King.)

But seriously -- a US President decided to kill two of his nation's leading lights? I won't even ask what motives he was supposed to have had. If your theory had any basis in reality at all, donca kinda sorta think a President of the Biggest Nation in The Free World could do better in his choice of shooters than the fuckwhits who actually pulled the triggers?

I mean really....no CIA guy? Not even Sammie The Bull?

Lay off the meth, CrusaderFrank. It's giving you the paranoid delusions thingy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back