Michael Savage lawsuit links CAIR to 9/11 plot

I agree for the most part, Matt.

But if you look at the pleadings, Savage is alleging that CAIR did, basically, say to people "Give us money because Savage is saying this stuff."

I think savage has a tough hill to climb though.

Would you expand on that comment and give your position with respect to the copyright lawsuit?
Damn the lawyers and their wrangling. Do YOU think CAIR is just a sweet, innocent, angelic group of "moderate" muslims that supports apple pie American values?

Mikey is a despicable worm of a man, constantly berating others, his only real work, hope he loses. Real jackass, why is it so hard for some to call a spade a spade.

"Nationally syndicated radio host Michael Savage: "That's why the department store dummy named Wolf Blitzer, a Jew who was born in Israel, will do the astonishing act of being the type that would stick Jewish children into a gas chamber to stay alive another day. He's probably the most despicable man in the media next to Larry King, who takes a close runner-up by the hair of a nose. The two of them together look like the type that would have pushed Jewish children into the oven to stay alive one more day to entertain the Nazis."" [8/7/06]

http://mediamatters.org/items/200612220013

And that is the statement of a what????

No.

Now, would you give your position with respect to the copyright lawsuit?
It's the same as that of Michael Savage. His lawsuit states it very well...this is part of it and long but worth the read:

COPYWRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

This lawsuit concerns the infringement of the copyright to the October 29, 2007 show wherein a dramatic, meaningful and powerful segment of the Savage Nation was and continues to be expropriated by defendant, CAIR (as identified herein). This expropriation is both a continuing act of copyright infringement as well as a racketeering act as set forth herein but more fully in the Second Cause of Action. The Second Cause of Action is incorporated herein by this reference.

The segment misappropriated was in excess of four minutes. As set forth in more detail herein, the misappropriated segment was used by CAIR for fund- raising purposes and the segment was used in a manner designed to cause harm to the value of the copyright material in the long and short term. This was the desired result and it was part of a greater plan and scheme to destroy public voices that express opposition to the criminal political agenda of CAIR as set forth more fully in the Second Cause of Action. (The allegations of the Second Cause of Action are incorporated herein by this reference.)

CAIR is not a civil rights organization and it never has been.

At all times relevant herein, CAIR was and is a political organization that advocates a specific political agenda on behalf of foreign interests.

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AS A TOOL TO ATTACK FREE SPEECH, PROMOTE A TERRORIST AGENDA AND FOR OTHER "NON FAIR USE" PURPOSES

CAIR has misappropriated copyright protected material from Michael Savage and made this material available on its website. This is actionable regardless even if CAIR had a genuine charitable purpose in using Michael Savage's material. However, even genuine charities must gain the permission of a copyright holder before using the copyrighted work for fund raising or other purposes.

The CAIR misappropriation was done for political purposes unrelated to civil rights and unrelated to CAIR's tax exempt status.

The copyright infringement was done to raise funds for CAIR so that it could self perpetuate and continue to perform its role in the RICO conspiracy set forth in Count Two and to disseminate of propaganda on behalf of foreign interests that are opposed to the continued existence of the United States of America as a free nation.

CAIR repackaged the content of Michael Savage's show and manipulated that stolen content so that it could be used by CAIR to raise funds. Little or none of the money raised went to alleged "civil rights" activities.

The CAIR repackaging damaged the work and damaged the public image of the work because it was taken out of context, the introductory remarks were omitted and the context of "The Savage Nation" were removed. It was deliberately designed to obscure the specific message conveyed by Michael Savage. The actual message while highly provocative and strongly worded, was not intended as an attack on people of faith and in fact, Michael Savage is well known as a person of faith.

The stolen material as repackaged by CAIR was intended to portray both the material and the creator of the material, Michael Savage as having a blanket opposition to a particular religion. This was not the context of the statement and it is not consistent with the content of the programming as a whole.

In fact, Michael Savage has presented various views and various perspectives. The purpose of his show (among other purposes) is to present uncensored, genuine points of view that force listeners to both think and feel in ways that normal polite discourse may not allow. The CAIR misappropriation omitted this reality about the show and therefore failed to incorporate the context of Michael Savage's many comments which include praise for the aspects of non-violent Islam that create a high level of morality and family values.

CAIR knew or should have known that it was misportraying the views of Michael Savage as the following are just some of the positive positions taken by Michael Savage with respect to people who use their religion to promote morality, freedom and family values. As noted herein, Michael Savage makes no distinction among religions in these comments. These comments include but are not limited to the follows:

CALLER: Hi Dr Savage, thank you for taking my call. I'm a

Muslim, I'm originally from Turkey and I've been in this country

since 93. I've been listening to your show for the last 3 years, and

80% I support what you're saying, I believe in American values. My

religion is Islam, my question to you is can I be a Muslim and still

support American values in this country.

SAVAGE: Sure you can, absolutely. That's what I said all along.

Look, it's like saying can I be a Jew and still support American

values, can I be a Buddhist and still support American values, can I

be a Hindu can I be an Atheist, Yes that's what America is all about.

It's freedom of religion, and freedom to be non religious. That's what

makes the country great, it's freedom. So I don't understand where

the problem exists.

SAVAGE: In other words, everybody knows no matter what their

religion is, even an atheist knows it's not right to take a penny out of

another man's pocket that's not yours right?

CALLER:Right

SAVAGE: Ok, so you start with that basic knowledge, the basic rules of

living with people can be boiled down to do unto others as you would do

onto you, or do onto others as you would have them do to you. That's the

essence of every religion.

(Date of Show: 3/27/07)

SAVAGE: There are areas of unity between the religions and I think we

need to strengthen those. We need to strengthen those areas of unity. Maybe

this IS a radio show that can help do that. Mohammed from Orlando,

welcome back to the program. Now, you heard the Rabbi from New York

and his views of Evolution and Creation you agree with?

CALLER: Yes, and that's what Islam is definitely all about. When I was

listening to his message or his he uh, uh, has a great way of articulating

the words that he was, uh, telling on this conversation. That, um, the way we

were created and everything else, that's exactly, I think, there's a lot of

similarities between all religions, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.

SAVAGE: But yet, many Christians call the show and they don't believe

in Evolution. They believe only in Creation. Are there um Creationists

within the Muslim tradition as well who reject Evolution? I would think that

the educated Muslim understands that you can have science and religion co-
existing.

CALLER: Definitely. Without science, I don't think we actually can

basically survive. And the word, the first word that came out when

revelation came in upon the Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him, is

"read," which is basically a way of telling human beings to take themselves

and educate themselves and go into areas of things like science and like I

said, that's the first thing that Muslims are encouraged to do is basically

educate themselves. So, I don't see there is a difference between a lot of

people when they hear "Evolution," they take it to the extreme that we all

came out from apes or from another animal or some other beings, but that's

not how evolution is. So, evolution could be something that, um, basically,

where, where, um

SAVAGE: Well, I had asked the Rabbi yesterday how do you explain the

previous, uh, pre-humans, for example. Let's call them that. The

Neanderthal, for example. How do you explain that? If God is perfect, why

would He create an imperfect man before creating a perfect man? And his

answer was very interesting. He said that God took a long time to arrive at

man to teach us how much time and effort it takes to create even one man

in order to show us how important life is and the divinity of mankind. I

thought that was beautiful, didn't you, Mohammed?

CALLER: Definitely and also, uh, in Islam, way before humans were

created, there was another creature that walked on the earth, and that's

another creature which we call the Djinns. And the Djinns actually, they

were living in Earth way before we came in and they did exactly the same

thing that we're doing right now. We're shedding blood all over the place.

And God, when he told the angels that he will create humans, the angels

replied to him that you will create a human just like you did with the Djinns.

And they will do exactly the same thing that the Djinns did. And He said, I

know that, but I know more than you will. So that's exactly the same way.

So there's a lot of creatures that...

SAVAGE: So in other words, we're still behaving like sub humans even

though we're humans.

CALLER: Exactly

SAVAGE: And we're not supposed to behave like that. We're

supposed to behave like the angels, but we're still behaving worse than the ape.

CALLER: Definitely.

SAVAGE: [Laughter] Mohammed, bless you. Alechem Salam. Thanks

for listening to The Savage Nation.

Date of Show: 11/29/06

These misportrayals were done to deliberately increase the profit making aspects of CAIR's misappropriation and to further the illegal purposes of the organization. The misportrayals were done to silence people who oppose the commission of acts of violence, murder or torture under the guise of religion. By omitting Michael Savage's strong endorsement of all religions and all religious practice that supports moral values, family values and freedom, CAIR destroyed the value of the copyright material and the performance as a whole, at least to the extent that people gave credence to the CAIR packaging of the content.

To further promote their website, fund raising and the appearance of a genuine human rights agenda, CAIR organized contacts with various advertisers including Walmart, AutoZone, JC Penny and others whereby CAIR sought to convince them not to advertise on The Michael Savage Show. Any success in this area was due to the copyright infringement and the false context in which the material was presented. CAIR caused some advertisers to pull advertising but they also made false claims as to many other advertisers. These false claims were done in part to intimidate other talk show hosts.

In its actual context, the piece was directed toward violent terrorists who mask their personal evil with a false religious aura. This included the "Hitler of Iran" (Mahmoud Ahmadinejad). Michael Savage's show in its introduction promises "psychological nudity". Savage's outrage and strong language objecting to the murder of homosexuals and the mutilation and oppression of women under the guise of religion makes much more sense than the CAIR packaged spin that Savage who has repeatedly taken pro-faith views was somehow against a particular religious group in its entirety.

The audience of "The Savage Nation" expects this type of from the heart outrage and when it is directed at a murderer such as Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his ilk, the piece is far more understandable and far more American mainstream. While the strength of the outrage is remarkable and a hallmark of "The Savage Nation", the sentiment is shared by a huge number of Americans.

The copyright material properly viewed is a scream of outrage on behalf of the American public against beheadings, hangings of homosexuals, mutilation of women, the torture of rape victims and the thought that CAIR and other groups are trying to import these atrocities into American life.

Just as all religions are free to practice in the United States, Michael Savage is free to exercise his beliefs without having someone in the opposition steal his property and convert it for their own use. The violation of the copyright and the desecration of that copyright material is a violation of the freedoms of Michael Savage to express his views.

Michael Savage has analogized his statements on the radio to those made by Winston Churchill when he warned of the rise of the Nazis. Michael Savage has pointed out that all Germans were not Nazi's and Churchill's words if heeded would have protected the German public as well as the rest of the world. To steal his words and repackage them is to steal the intellectual and emotional property of Michael Savage and those who support his positions.

Michael Savage's right to speech is protected by both the First Amendment. It is essence of freedom that voices can be raised strongly and without fear of illegal retaliation. CAIR attempted to silence Michael Savage by stealing his work, misrepresenting it and then seeking to have advertisers drop his show. This is a violation of Michael Savage's rights to speech and to his religious beliefs.

The conduct of CAIR (in addition to raising money) in violating the copyright interests of Michael Savage was to gain media attention and control so that CAIR would be seen as the "moderate" voice in the media. In fact CAIR is a radical voice that deliberately attempts to be seen as centrist so that media time goes to CAIR and once on the air, CAIR directs its rhetoric to the benefit of its extremist clients. This is a deliberate tactic and the theft of the copyright material was part of a pattern and practice advancing this tactic.

CAIR TARGETS THE 1st AMENDMENT

The copyright infringement and the use of the copyright material is a RICO predicate act and part of the broad conspiratorial purposes of CAIR. Michael Savage is a long time opponent of CAIR and its interests. For example, on February 21, 2006, CAIR National Legal Director Arsalan Iftikhar appeared on MSNBC's Scarborough Country debating the Dubai side of the U.S. ports story. Michael Savage was the leader of the public opposition to the purchase of major U.S. ports by Dubai and Savage herein alleges that the misappropriation and misuse of his content as set forth herein was done in part in retaliation for Savage's opposition to overseas ownership of such a strategic asset.

CAIR has consistently sought to silence opponents of violent terror, through economic blackmail, frivolous but costly lawsuits, threats of lawsuits and abuses of the legal system. In doing so, CAIR has used extortion, threats, abused the court system, obtained money via interstate commerce under false and fraudulent circumstances. These acts against speech and political action by Americans include those items set forth in the paragraphs immediately following.

The copyright infringement against Michael Savage and the attempt to damage him economically is further part of an organized campaign to silence opposition figures by causing them severe economic damage.

http://www.savage-productions.com/Savage_CAIR_suit.html

hehehehehehehehHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Savage knows he's going to lose. If there were a single person on the radio talking as much shit about jews as savage does about muslims that person would have already been taken out like a gazelle running through a den of tigers. There would be no issue of "free speach" since, THEN, the focus would be HATE SPEECH against jews. Fortunately for Savage's ratings, muslims are our modern scapegoat. Unfortunately for Savage, communicating his vitriolic hatred to advertisers is no more Unamerican than Huckabee doing the same thing with Romney quotes during an election cycle. Savage is a firecracker of a man who reacted rather than thought about the reprocussions of his words. By all means, I want Savage to say whats on his mind.. But, that doesn't restrict the rest of us from interpreting the hatred peppered throughout. Further, it doesnt make an organized boycott any less legal than the last time some right wing fundies decided to do the same when Target doesnt say, "Jebus loves you" at the door every xmas.

It's the same as that of Michael Savage. His lawsuit states it very well...this is part of it and long but worth the read:

COPYWRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

This lawsuit concerns the infringement of the copyright to the October 29, 2007 show wherein a dramatic, meaningful and powerful segment of the Savage Nation was and continues to be expropriated by defendant, CAIR (as identified herein). This expropriation is both a continuing act of copyright infringement as well as a racketeering act as set forth herein but more fully in the Second Cause of Action. The Second Cause of Action is incorporated herein by this reference.

The segment misappropriated was in excess of four minutes. As set forth in more detail herein, the misappropriated segment was used by CAIR for fund- raising purposes and the segment was used in a manner designed to cause harm to the value of the copyright material in the long and short term. This was the desired result and it was part of a greater plan and scheme to destroy public voices that express opposition to the criminal political agenda of CAIR as set forth more fully in the Second Cause of Action. (The allegations of the Second Cause of Action are incorporated herein by this reference.)

CAIR is not a civil rights organization and it never has been.

At all times relevant herein, CAIR was and is a political organization that advocates a specific political agenda on behalf of foreign interests.

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AS A TOOL TO ATTACK FREE SPEECH, PROMOTE A TERRORIST AGENDA AND FOR OTHER "NON FAIR USE" PURPOSES

CAIR has misappropriated copyright protected material from Michael Savage and made this material available on its website. This is actionable regardless even if CAIR had a genuine charitable purpose in using Michael Savage's material. However, even genuine charities must gain the permission of a copyright holder before using the copyrighted work for fund raising or other purposes.

The CAIR misappropriation was done for political purposes unrelated to civil rights and unrelated to CAIR's tax exempt status.

The copyright infringement was done to raise funds for CAIR so that it could self perpetuate and continue to perform its role in the RICO conspiracy set forth in Count Two and to disseminate of propaganda on behalf of foreign interests that are opposed to the continued existence of the United States of America as a free nation.

CAIR repackaged the content of Michael Savage's show and manipulated that stolen content so that it could be used by CAIR to raise funds. Little or none of the money raised went to alleged "civil rights" activities.

The CAIR repackaging damaged the work and damaged the public image of the work because it was taken out of context, the introductory remarks were omitted and the context of "The Savage Nation" were removed. It was deliberately designed to obscure the specific message conveyed by Michael Savage. The actual message while highly provocative and strongly worded, was not intended as an attack on people of faith and in fact, Michael Savage is well known as a person of faith.

The stolen material as repackaged by CAIR was intended to portray both the material and the creator of the material, Michael Savage as having a blanket opposition to a particular religion. This was not the context of the statement and it is not consistent with the content of the programming as a whole.

In fact, Michael Savage has presented various views and various perspectives. The purpose of his show (among other purposes) is to present uncensored, genuine points of view that force listeners to both think and feel in ways that normal polite discourse may not allow. The CAIR misappropriation omitted this reality about the show and therefore failed to incorporate the context of Michael Savage's many comments which include praise for the aspects of non-violent Islam that create a high level of morality and family values.

CAIR knew or should have known that it was misportraying the views of Michael Savage as the following are just some of the positive positions taken by Michael Savage with respect to people who use their religion to promote morality, freedom and family values. As noted herein, Michael Savage makes no distinction among religions in these comments. These comments include but are not limited to the follows:

CALLER: Hi Dr Savage, thank you for taking my call. I'm a

Muslim, I'm originally from Turkey and I've been in this country

since 93. I've been listening to your show for the last 3 years, and

80% I support what you're saying, I believe in American values. My

religion is Islam, my question to you is can I be a Muslim and still

support American values in this country.

SAVAGE: Sure you can, absolutely. That's what I said all along.

Look, it's like saying can I be a Jew and still support American

values, can I be a Buddhist and still support American values, can I

be a Hindu can I be an Atheist, Yes that's what America is all about.

It's freedom of religion, and freedom to be non religious. That's what

makes the country great, it's freedom. So I don't understand where

the problem exists.

SAVAGE: In other words, everybody knows no matter what their

religion is, even an atheist knows it's not right to take a penny out of

another man's pocket that's not yours right?

CALLER:Right

SAVAGE: Ok, so you start with that basic knowledge, the basic rules of

living with people can be boiled down to do unto others as you would do

onto you, or do onto others as you would have them do to you. That's the

essence of every religion.

(Date of Show: 3/27/07)

SAVAGE: There are areas of unity between the religions and I think we

need to strengthen those. We need to strengthen those areas of unity. Maybe

this IS a radio show that can help do that. Mohammed from Orlando,

welcome back to the program. Now, you heard the Rabbi from New York

and his views of Evolution and Creation you agree with?

CALLER: Yes, and that's what Islam is definitely all about. When I was

listening to his message or his he uh, uh, has a great way of articulating

the words that he was, uh, telling on this conversation. That, um, the way we

were created and everything else, that's exactly, I think, there's a lot of

similarities between all religions, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.

SAVAGE: But yet, many Christians call the show and they don't believe

in Evolution. They believe only in Creation. Are there um Creationists

within the Muslim tradition as well who reject Evolution? I would think that

the educated Muslim understands that you can have science and religion co-
existing.

CALLER: Definitely. Without science, I don't think we actually can

basically survive. And the word, the first word that came out when

revelation came in upon the Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him, is

"read," which is basically a way of telling human beings to take themselves

and educate themselves and go into areas of things like science and like I

said, that's the first thing that Muslims are encouraged to do is basically

educate themselves. So, I don't see there is a difference between a lot of

people when they hear "Evolution," they take it to the extreme that we all

came out from apes or from another animal or some other beings, but that's

not how evolution is. So, evolution could be something that, um, basically,

where, where, um

SAVAGE: Well, I had asked the Rabbi yesterday how do you explain the

previous, uh, pre-humans, for example. Let's call them that. The

Neanderthal, for example. How do you explain that? If God is perfect, why

would He create an imperfect man before creating a perfect man? And his

answer was very interesting. He said that God took a long time to arrive at

man to teach us how much time and effort it takes to create even one man

in order to show us how important life is and the divinity of mankind. I

thought that was beautiful, didn't you, Mohammed?

CALLER: Definitely and also, uh, in Islam, way before humans were

created, there was another creature that walked on the earth, and that's

another creature which we call the Djinns. And the Djinns actually, they

were living in Earth way before we came in and they did exactly the same

thing that we're doing right now. We're shedding blood all over the place.

And God, when he told the angels that he will create humans, the angels

replied to him that you will create a human just like you did with the Djinns.

And they will do exactly the same thing that the Djinns did. And He said, I

know that, but I know more than you will. So that's exactly the same way.

So there's a lot of creatures that...

SAVAGE: So in other words, we're still behaving like sub humans even

though we're humans.

CALLER: Exactly

SAVAGE: And we're not supposed to behave like that. We're

supposed to behave like the angels, but we're still behaving worse than the ape.

CALLER: Definitely.

SAVAGE: [Laughter] Mohammed, bless you. Alechem Salam. Thanks

for listening to The Savage Nation.

Date of Show: 11/29/06

These misportrayals were done to deliberately increase the profit making aspects of CAIR's misappropriation and to further the illegal purposes of the organization. The misportrayals were done to silence people who oppose the commission of acts of violence, murder or torture under the guise of religion. By omitting Michael Savage's strong endorsement of all religions and all religious practice that supports moral values, family values and freedom, CAIR destroyed the value of the copyright material and the performance as a whole, at least to the extent that people gave credence to the CAIR packaging of the content.

To further promote their website, fund raising and the appearance of a genuine human rights agenda, CAIR organized contacts with various advertisers including Walmart, AutoZone, JC Penny and others whereby CAIR sought to convince them not to advertise on The Michael Savage Show. Any success in this area was due to the copyright infringement and the false context in which the material was presented. CAIR caused some advertisers to pull advertising but they also made false claims as to many other advertisers. These false claims were done in part to intimidate other talk show hosts.

In its actual context, the piece was directed toward violent terrorists who mask their personal evil with a false religious aura. This included the "Hitler of Iran" (Mahmoud Ahmadinejad). Michael Savage's show in its introduction promises "psychological nudity". Savage's outrage and strong language objecting to the murder of homosexuals and the mutilation and oppression of women under the guise of religion makes much more sense than the CAIR packaged spin that Savage who has repeatedly taken pro-faith views was somehow against a particular religious group in its entirety.

The audience of "The Savage Nation" expects this type of from the heart outrage and when it is directed at a murderer such as Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his ilk, the piece is far more understandable and far more American mainstream. While the strength of the outrage is remarkable and a hallmark of "The Savage Nation", the sentiment is shared by a huge number of Americans.

The copyright material properly viewed is a scream of outrage on behalf of the American public against beheadings, hangings of homosexuals, mutilation of women, the torture of rape victims and the thought that CAIR and other groups are trying to import these atrocities into American life.

Just as all religions are free to practice in the United States, Michael Savage is free to exercise his beliefs without having someone in the opposition steal his property and convert it for their own use. The violation of the copyright and the desecration of that copyright material is a violation of the freedoms of Michael Savage to express his views.

Michael Savage has analogized his statements on the radio to those made by Winston Churchill when he warned of the rise of the Nazis. Michael Savage has pointed out that all Germans were not Nazi's and Churchill's words if heeded would have protected the German public as well as the rest of the world. To steal his words and repackage them is to steal the intellectual and emotional property of Michael Savage and those who support his positions.

Michael Savage's right to speech is protected by both the First Amendment. It is essence of freedom that voices can be raised strongly and without fear of illegal retaliation. CAIR attempted to silence Michael Savage by stealing his work, misrepresenting it and then seeking to have advertisers drop his show. This is a violation of Michael Savage's rights to speech and to his religious beliefs.

The conduct of CAIR (in addition to raising money) in violating the copyright interests of Michael Savage was to gain media attention and control so that CAIR would be seen as the "moderate" voice in the media. In fact CAIR is a radical voice that deliberately attempts to be seen as centrist so that media time goes to CAIR and once on the air, CAIR directs its rhetoric to the benefit of its extremist clients. This is a deliberate tactic and the theft of the copyright material was part of a pattern and practice advancing this tactic.

CAIR TARGETS THE 1st AMENDMENT

The copyright infringement and the use of the copyright material is a RICO predicate act and part of the broad conspiratorial purposes of CAIR. Michael Savage is a long time opponent of CAIR and its interests. For example, on February 21, 2006, CAIR National Legal Director Arsalan Iftikhar appeared on MSNBC's Scarborough Country debating the Dubai side of the U.S. ports story. Michael Savage was the leader of the public opposition to the purchase of major U.S. ports by Dubai and Savage herein alleges that the misappropriation and misuse of his content as set forth herein was done in part in retaliation for Savage's opposition to overseas ownership of such a strategic asset.

CAIR has consistently sought to silence opponents of violent terror, through economic blackmail, frivolous but costly lawsuits, threats of lawsuits and abuses of the legal system. In doing so, CAIR has used extortion, threats, abused the court system, obtained money via interstate commerce under false and fraudulent circumstances. These acts against speech and political action by Americans include those items set forth in the paragraphs immediately following.

The copyright infringement against Michael Savage and the attempt to damage him economically is further part of an organized campaign to silence opposition figures by causing them severe economic damage.

http://www.savage-productions.com/Savage_CAIR_suit.html

Yes. I’ve read his ramblings. I don’t find any merit in it. Perhaps the Dixie Chicks should sue radio stations for criticizing the group’s statement and using it as an excuse to encourage people to boycott them and not play their music. I pull stiff from Wikipedia without Wikipedia’s permission. Perhaps Wikipedia should sue me. As far as taking stuff “out of contest”, such is in the eye of the beholder. Those who are really interested in getting the whole story can listen to Savage or go to his website themselves. This also reminds me of books that are critical of celebrities. Should Rush have sued Al Franken for “Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot”? I mean, some of the stuff that Al copied was probably taken out of context.

This is a big deal about nothing. People should be free to take stuff that is said and criticize the one who said it. It is as simple as that.

Sort of ironic. CAIR is using the techniques the ADL uses to limit criticism of Jewish people such as labeling speech 'hate speech' and the like. They have taken this tactic and reversed it using it to protect Arab people by alienating a prominant Jewish neo-con. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Sort of ironic. CAIR is using the techniques the ADL uses to limit criticism of Jewish people such as labeling speech 'hate speech' and the like. They have taken this tactic and reversed it using it to protect Arab people by alienating a prominant Jewish neo-con. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I think that you know my perspective on it. People should be free to criticize people and groups as they see fit. If I think that Jews are the scourge of the earth, I should be free to say so. People should be free to take what I say (in or out of context), present it to others, and ask them to boycott me. I guess that makes me more of a free speech advocate. People are free to speak. People re free to be taken in context or out of context, people are free to criticize what people say (in or out of context (we do so much of that here)). These freedoms do not include an obligation that people pay for people to be given a platform. People are also fee to recommend that people boycott other people.

“I heard Joe say that he hates Black people. I think that people should have nothing at all to do with Joe”.

Michael Savage (AKA Michael Weiner) is another one of the radio pundits who sells hatred on his show to make money.

I think he may be Ann Coulter in disguise.:eusa_think:

ann.jpg

Without the glasses, they could be twins. Ever see them on the radio together? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

images6-1.jpg

It is amazing that today in this country you don't have to be smart or even verbally talented and you can make a buck on talk radio bashing the other side.

Forum List

Back