Michael Mukasey: Torture Lover

Kid Pickle

KindOfABigDealAroundHere
Oct 14, 2007
Pompous Senator: Mr. Mukasey, if that is your real name, how do you feel about... torture?

Michael Mukasey: I don't like it. No, Sir, I do not. Uh-UH!

P.S.: But you are a friend of Bush. You must like torture. In fact, I bet you love torture! Say it. Say you love torture!

M.M.: Sorry, I can't say I like torture.

P.S.: You can't...or you won't?! Tell me, Senor Mukasey, what is your opinion of waterboarding, hmmmm?

M.M.: I am not entireley familiar with the procedure.

P.S.: Oh come on! You are a friend of Bush. He waterboards people all the time. I'm sure he does it at parties just for fun. It's torture! Are you or are you not against torture?

MM: Again, I'm not sure. I don't know exactly what is involved.

PS: You are a Bushie! You love torture! Say it! Say you love waterboarding because it is torture!

MM: Maybe we could look at what waterboarding is and discuss it. Do you know what it is?

PS: I AM ASKING THE QUESTIONS HERE, TORTURER! I don't care what waterboarding is, all I know is that BusHitler loves to do it so it MUST be torture! Admit it. Say "Waterboarding is torture and I think it's GREAT!"

MM: Uh, could someone please get me some more water, please?

PS: It's torture! It is! And you love it! Sweet, sweet, stanky torture! You kiss it! It makes you smile! It makes you horny! Yes, say it! AAAUUUAUGUGUHHHH!

Bill Clinton: "Torture Like on 24 Is OK"
America needs more Jack Bauer like agents says former President

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Monday, Oct 1, 2007

Former president Bill Clinton has told NBC's Meet The Press that America needs more intelligence agents who make their own rules and engage in whatever actions are necessary like Jack Bauer from the fictional TV show 24.

"I think what our policy ought to be is to be uncompromisingly opposed to terror--I mean to torture, and that if you're the Jack Bauer person, you'll do whatever you do and you should be prepared to take the consequences... And I think the consequences will be imposed based on what turns out to be the truth." Clinton said.

"If you have any kind of a formal exception, people just drive a truck through it, and they'll say, 'Well, I thought it was covered by the exception,'" Clinton added.

The question was again raised by host Tim Russert after Clinton told him last year that he would authorize torture in a "ticking bomb 24"-style situation.

(Article continues below)

Clinton went on to state “If you look at the show, every time they get the president to approve something, the president gets in trouble, the country gets in trouble. And when Bauer goes out there on his own and is prepared to live with the consequences, it always seems to work better.".

Clinton's comments represent another case of an influential political figure discussing the benefits of torture in the context of a fictional TV show character.

Earlier this year Supreme Court judge Antonin Scalia also used the analogy at a panel discussion on torture, stating "Jack Bauer saved Los Angeles. ... He saved hundreds of thousands of lives... Are you going to convict Jack Bauer? Say that criminal law is against him? ‘You have the right to a jury trial?’ Is any jury going to convict Jack Bauer? I don’t think so.”

New Topics

Forum List

Back