Michael Moore Waves White Flag

Studies say otherwise.

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?PageID=945

Funny this never hit the oh so liberal MSM, isn't it?

And yes, I would say I am less biased than you. I don't post articles from rabid left-wing sites. I do criticize the left, and don't agree with many things they do and I really dislike lefty demagogues. I cheered when Air America failed.

I hit the link, problem is, couldn't find the backup to anything. Now why would that be?

Its the Pew Research Center. They did a study and those were the findings. What exactly were you looking for?

It doesn't really surprise me I guess. You kinda have to work at it to come out of undergrad and not become a liberal. I'm surprised it's not a little higher actually. All that influence on young minds and that's all our college system can muster.

What I found, the results. What is it you were hoping for?

I was "hoping" for something substantiated my claim. The survey did. Of all the different demographics they had, Liberals are the most educated.

It doesn't really surprise me I guess. You kinda have to work at it to come out of undergrad and not become a liberal. I'm surprised it's not a little higher actually. All that influence on young minds and that's all our college system can muster.

Its not just about undergrad, its about Post-grad as well.

I was "hoping" for something substantiated my claim. The survey did. Of all the different demographics they had, Liberals are the most educated.

You may have a point, though it would have more to do with the university than logic.

I read the results and saw nothing that indicated that at all.

You may have a point, though it would have more to do with the university than logic.

I am not sure university is the answer here. The stereotype is that the colleges and universities are the bastions of liberalism in this country. Products of same are probably going to turn out that way.

Then of course, the graduates go out into the real world and have to start making a living where they become conservative. Then they get old and become liberals again.

Liberals have the highest education level of any typology group * 49% are college graduates and 26% have some postgraduate education.

From the link.

I am not sure university is the answer here. The stereotype is that the colleges and universities are the bastions of liberalism in this country. Products of same are probably going to turn out that way.

Then of course, the graduates go out into the real world and have to start making a living where they become conservative. Then they get old and become liberals again.

Its not recent graduates, its graduates.

And you guys can stop making up explanations trying to correct for the results. I haven't, and won't, claim that it means anything other than liberals are more educated. It makes me feel a bit better about my own beliefs, but is certainly no guarantee that "liberals" are right.

Liberals have the highest education level of any typology group * 49% are college graduates and 26% have some postgraduate education.

From the link.

Yes it does say that. I concede the point with this dissension: If you add all the statistics related to conservatives (social and pro_government, etc) they equal or exceed the liberal typology. I have to ask why they felt it necessary to break the conservative topology into sub groups.

Its not recent graduates, its graduates.

And you guys can stop making up explanations trying to correct for the results. I haven't, and won't, claim that it means anything other than liberals are more educated. It makes me feel a bit better about my own beliefs, but is certainly no guarantee that "liberals" are right.

Glad it makes you feel better.

From the link.

Right, you understand, believe, buy into those that thing surge, Iraq WAr, Afghanistan, Cheny wants, are good things.

Yes it does say that. I concede the point with this dissension: If you add all the statistics related to conservatives (social and pro_government, etc) they equal or exceed the liberal typology. I have to ask why they felt it necessary to break the conservative topology into sub groups.

They are percentages, not numbers. Hence if you were to combine them, you would average them, not add them together.

Glad it makes you feel better.

Thanks for the worthwhile contribution!

They are percentages, not numbers. Hence if you were to combine them, you would average them, not add them together.

Thanks for the worthwhile contribution!

In any case, regardless of real data, Bush sucks and dems rule. Even if it results in net loss for US services.

Right, you understand, believe, buy into those that thing surge, Iraq WAr, Afghanistan, Cheny wants, are good things.

What?

Please re-read what you post before you post it. Half the time I have no idea what you are talking about.

In any case, regardless of real data, Bush sucks and dems rule. Even if it results in net loss for US services.

And this is why I think you are a partisan hack. Did I say those things? No. Why are you attributing them to me? Bitterness I proved my point?

And what US services are you referring too ?

And this is why I think you are a partisan hack. Did I say those things? No. Why are you attributing them to me? Bitterness I proved my point?

And what US services are you referring too ?

So why asshat, (yes, a slam for reasons that I'm having to post), I never hit you personally or in a 'greater' scale. The only problem you now have is responding. Which I'm sure you slammed those that questioned.

Forum List

Back