Michael Moore has met his match

Oct 18, 2004
Another interesting film you guys should check out. Has anyone seen links for this? Amazing; simply amazing. When I saw “Fahrenheit 9/11” this summer, I remember leaving the theatre wondering how Michael Moore got away with his lies and when right-minded people would have a rebuttal. Well, here it is. “Celsius 41.11” is a perfect response to Moore’s “documentary,” in that it exposes just how divided the anti-war activists are and how they really missed the message from the war. Example: on the trailer, some woman is talking about how she would want a dictator who gives her free healthcare or free education. Great, but what about living in fear of torture or execution, or not being able to speak your own opinion, or being forced to live in poverty as your “benevolent leader” squanders all your money on himself and his repugnant sub-human sons? I’m sure this is just one example out of many in this film. I urge everyone to take a look at the site and check out the trailer: http://www.celsius4111.com. If anything, it will make it even more apparent that Moore and other liberal blowhards really got it wrong.

I checked out the trailer, this looks like it has more spin in it then FahrenHYPE 911. I watched that last night. It did a good job of exposing Moore’s bias and lies.

All these movies are Hype and spin, somewhere buried in them is the truth.

I do give Moore credit for his film being much more entertaining, the other film was very dry and boring.

It is so important to breakthrough all the hype. The best part of the trailer is the clip of the President saying how he was not going to wait for something to happen to act. People are so hypocritical. If he did not act and another attack occurred, he would be attacked for that. A bit of proper perspective is needed.

White knight said:
I checked out the trailer, this looks like it has more spin in it then FahrenHYPE 911. I watched that last night. It did a good job of exposing Moore’s bias and lies.

All these movies are Hype and spin, somewhere buried in them is the truth.

I do give Moore credit for his film being much more entertaining, the other film was very dry and boring.

Well yea. Most fiction-based movies are entertaining.

Yeah that is why he is brilliant in what he does,
He appeals to our emotions and lower instincts rather them our intellect.

it is good that films like this are being on the right now. you are right, it is all about appealing to emotions. the cause and emotion of the right is stronger than the liberal rhetoric out there, we simply need to be able to spin it in as effective a manner. appeal to peoples emotions so that they will pay attention and then show them the facts!

amberjohnsondc said:
it is good that films like this are being on the right now. you are right, it is all about appealing to emotions. the cause and emotion of the right is stronger than the liberal rhetoric out there, we simply need to be able to spin it in as effective a manner. appeal to peoples emotions so that they will pay attention and then show them the facts!

I liked your comment, not because I agree with it but because I hadnt considered its implications. I do think the spin to get people to act on their emotions is a tactic that works. I dont think some people even want to listen to facts after they have had a strong emotional response, they are tainted. On the other hand a well thought out, logical, structured explanation of the issue takes more that the average attention span so it is a lot harder to get across.

Just a few examples evoking strong emotional responses :airplanes flying into buildings, beheadings, brave and tired troops out on the battlefield, flag draped coffins, the aftermath of car bombs, rhetoric (the hatred, disrespect and name calling), and the image of a confident smiling president. (exactly what is he smiling for.) These images carry their message in a instant....we are wired biologically for emotional responses.

A thoughful attempt to gather information from a variety of sources and subjective considered debates, the sense of dignity that comes with the respect to listen to opinions from those that disagree with you, and a honest appeal to the intellect rather than the simple emotional hit, all require a more
contemplative attitude. The result is a generally better informed constituency, less likely to make rash and hastly decisions, that may be hard to undue.

Its sad that so many take in their information in sound bites and emotionally stimulating imagery, and form such solid written in concrete conclusions from it.

I’m aware of a study where they took a group of people and showed them Images, things like presidents, followers, clouds, death, and war images.
The purpose was to test people’s brain responses. To see if they had positive or negative emotionally responses.
As it turned out people who considered themselves liberals had positive responses to images of liberal politicians and happy soft images. And had negative responses to images of death and war and suffering.
People, who identified themselves as conservatives, had positive responses to republican politicians and images of strength and war. They did not have negative responses to images of suffering and death.
I think that the study showed that people were born either with either liberal or conservative mentalities.
So that would leave you to believe that no matter how hard you tried to sway a persons opinion one way or the other, they have natural tendencies to lean in the direction of their given mindset.

White knight said:
They did not have negative responses to images of suffering and death.
That's ridiculous! I know no conservative that would have no negative response to images of suffering and death. Disgusted, sickened, angered, disheartened, yes!! Same feelings I have when Kerry speaks, as well as most Liberals.
By this you'd think we cheer everytime the death toll goes up.

Yeah that is why he is brilliant in what he does,
He appeals to our emotions and lower instincts rather them our intellect.

Fallacious argument count: 1

The same argument could be made to many items in modern life. Say, the Bible for example. ;)

Or you could say I dont know... Let people base their decisions on facts alone. Why must we spin everything so that we purport our own opinions over the facts? Bill O'Reilly, the "No Spin Zone" is probably the biggest hypocrit here.

I’m aware of a study where they took a group of people and showed them Images, things like presidents, followers, clouds, death, and war images.
The purpose was to test people’s brain responses. To see if they had positive or negative emotionally responses.
As it turned out people who considered themselves liberals had positive responses to images of liberal politicians and happy soft images. And had negative responses to images of death and war and suffering.
People, who identified themselves as conservatives, had positive responses to republican politicians and images of strength and war. They did not have negative responses to images of suffering and death.
I think that the study showed that people were born either with either liberal or conservative mentalities.
So that would leave you to believe that no matter how hard you tried to sway a persons opinion one way or the other, they have natural tendencies to lean in the direction of their given mindset.

Fallacious logic count: 2

If your political orientation can be determined at birth, then why can't your sexual orientation? Haha... The entire basis of your statement is ridiculous.

Ah, the logic, it stings. Damn, if only say 3/4 of the US population could reason their way through arguments before posting them, then we might have a somewhat functional society.

This movie is just as biased if not moreso than Moore's was in it's quest to "dispell" Michael Moore's "lies." However, if you look at the facts, Moore distorts the facts sometimes yes, however more often than not, his movies are based in some form of reality. This movie however, justifies the Neo-Conservative dream of a new American imperialsim through nothing but rhetoric and false allegations. While I'm not defending Moore, I agree that the man needs to find a new day job, it would be logical to take this move for what its worth, and that is its face value.

Amazing. Your twisted, convoluted arguments have nearly fried my brain circuits. I think we have discovered the opposite of logic. Like anti-matter to its counterpart, this anti-logic succeeds in making even the most rediculous arguments seem like the product of someone who knows what the hell he is talking about.

alien21010 said:
Fallacious argument count: 1

The same argument could be made to many items in modern life. Say, the Bible for example. ;)

/yawn. Yeah we know liberals hate God, Christians and all things religious. Moving on...

alien21010 said:
Or you could say I dont know... Let people base their decisions on facts alone. Why must we spin everything so that we purport our own opinions over the facts? Bill O'Reilly, the "No Spin Zone" is probably the biggest hypocrit here.

Proof anyone? :link:

Fallacious logic count: 2

alien21010 said:
If your political orientation can be determined at birth, then why can't your sexual orientation? Haha... The entire basis of your statement is ridiculous.

OH GOD! THE ANTI-LOGIC!!

Recovering...

OK, so your argument is that if your political orientation can be determined at birth, so can your sexual orientation? How does that work? Its like saying if your sex is determined at birth, so is your average high school GPA. Apples and Oranges.

alien21010 said:
Ah, the logic, it stings. Damn, if only say 3/4 of the US population could reason their way through arguments before posting them, then we might have a somewhat functional society.

No, the Anti-Logic stings. Your Micheal Moore-esque anti-Americanism is showing through here. How? Well calling 3/4 of the country unreasonable and implying they are all stupid.

alien21010 said:
This movie is just as biased if not moreso than Moore's was in it's quest to "dispell" Michael Moore's "lies." However, if you look at the facts, Moore distorts the facts sometimes yes, however more often than not, his movies are based in some form of reality.

More Anti-Logic!!

HOW are his movies based in reality? His arguments are 50% huge amounts of exageration and 50% bold-faced lying.

alien21010 said:
This movie however, justifies the Neo-Conservative dream of a new American imperialsim through nothing but rhetoric and false allegations.

Dammit he is onto us! We must move into action, phase 3 is to commence immediatly!! Us the PATRIOT act to remove civil liberties! Disband Congress! Arrest Political dissidents! Get those boxcars ready! Don't worry alien, you will not have to wait at the old abandoned train stations for very long. The work camps for political enemies of Our Lord and Grand Emperor On High George W. Bush (May He Live Forever) will be quite comfortable. We are building them in Alaska and Northern Minnesota now.

:tinfoil:

alien21010 said:
While I'm not defending Moore, I agree that the man needs to find a new day job, it would be logical to take this move for what its worth, and that is its face value.

whatever.

USA Pride I'm hoping you don't feel as if the deaths of American soldiers is a good thing for anyone. Also I want to see the outtakes and other interviews Moore took, maybe the ones where the soldiers feel they are there for a reason! Where it doesn't just show a bunch of whiners. Also trying to show our soldiers as mindless killers. It almost as if Moore wants to portray them as baby killers.

Don't blame me for this blame science.
Somebody want to get the fact on this issue, Do a search for politics and science, or science of politics.
This was a study that was done within the last year or so.
I'm sorry if the conclusion doesn’t fit neatly in your box, as with most new science the results have to be proven according to the laws of science.

wolvie20m said:
USA Pride I'm hoping you don't feel as if the deaths of American soldiers is a good thing for anyone.
Of course I don't!!! I don't know where you got that from. I have family and friends that are fighting in Iraq, Afghanistan, and as a matter of fact South America. I was born and raised in a military town and I'm surrounded by soldiers on a daily basis. These are MY guys and I would never think that their deaths would be good for anyone.

White knight said:
Actually, the decline in the male surplus workers does benifit the goal of U.N. population control. The plan, United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
I scanned through your links, with two kids climbing on me and reading alot about abortion, what does it have to do with our Soldiers getting killed?

'One of the most difficult concepts for Americans to accept is that there are human beings dedicated to coercive population control and genocide Most readers will accept the fact that our nation is helping to finance the United Nations' world-wide "family planning program," a form of population control. Most rational men and women, however, find it impossible to believe that such programs are really part of a "master plan" to kill off large segments of the population'
The quote was found in the first link, apparently someone thinks, that someone thinks large numbers of people dying is a good thing.

Forum List

Back