Michael Moore Gets Ripped by Home Town Paper

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Word of Michael Moore’s hypocrisy has reached his home town paper, the Flint Journal. Registration is easy, and worth it for the read. Peter Schweizer’s best-seller Do as I Say (Not as I Do) is the ultimate source, but now all the kids who went to Moore’s suburban high school can read about him without plunking down twenty bucks or more. How’s this for the lede in the Sunday paper article?

Which well-known figure associated with Flint has outsourced jobs to other countries and used union-busting tactics?

Delphi chief Steve Miller? Hardly. Outside of cities with Delphi plants, most people still think he sang “Fly Like an Eagle.” So who flew to Canada to produce his products and escape union scale? Who said he would fire his employees if they organized?

None other than Michael Moore, “the champion of the working class.”

....Moore does his film production in Canada to avoid paying union scale and threatened to fire half of his TV show’s writing staff when they wanted to join the union. He’s a proponent of affirmative action but never has hired a black person to do anything important on one of his projects.

Moore claims he owns no stock and only puts “what little I can” in “something the old-timers call a savings account” – yet Schweizer writes that he owns stock in defense contractors and Halliburton.

While Moore says he gives away 40 percent of his money, Schweizer reports that his tax returns show his foundations give the minimum necessary to stay tax exempt – and most of the donations go to festivals that feature his films or promote preservation around his home on Torch Lake.

http://www.americanthinker.com/comments.php?comments_id=3719

So Michael Moore is profiting off the Iraq war through his Halliburton stock, eh? So there's no difference between him and Dick Cheney, is there? Except, of course, that the latter isn't a fat hypocritical lying unamerican worthless filmmaker.

fuzzykitten99 said:
what, did he just sell it yesterday? Or when the truth came out about this?

When I researched into this, I seem to remember that he used to own stock in Halliburton before the war. He sold it for a profit before he made F911 and has no holdings in Halliburton now. I'm not trying to stick up for the man, just pointing out that he doesn't own stock in the company currently.

The ClayTaurus said:
When I researched into this, I seem to remember that he used to own stock in Halliburton before the war. He sold it for a profit before he made F911 and has no holdings in Halliburton now. I'm not trying to stick up for the man, just pointing out that he doesn't own stock in the company currently.

Nah, Cheney was the one who sold all of his stock in Halliburton. I saw a book in the mall yesterday, published this year, that said Moore had Halliburtion stock and cited a 2004 source. If Moore sold all his stock, then either I misread it, or it was misprinted. I think the book was called something like "11 Myths About the War on Terror" or something like that.

Hobbit said:
Nah, Cheney was the one who sold all of his stock in Halliburton. I saw a book in the mall yesterday, published this year, that said Moore had Halliburtion stock and cited a 2004 source. If Moore sold all his stock, then either I misread it, or it was misprinted. I think the book was called something like "11 Myths About the War on Terror" or something like that.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/11/3/150518.shtml

And in perhaps the ultimate irony, he also has owned shares in Halliburton. According to IRS filings, Moore sold Halliburton for a 15 percent profit and bought shares in Noble, Ford, General Electric (another defense contractor), AOL Time Warner (evil corporate media) and McDonald's.

Owned, as in past tense, as in no longer does. Just goes to show how easy it is to misconstrue the facts.

Whether mickey has or doesn't own Halliburton stock, the fact still remains, he's a towering, steamy, lying pile of dog shit.

Pale Rider said:
Whether mickey has or doesn't own Halliburton stock, the fact still remains, he's a towering, steamy, lying pile of dog shit.
True. That's pretty representative of Michigan State fans...

This is a man that actually says that he owns no stock because it is unethical to purchase such things and only puts a little away in savings...

That some of the stock he owned was Halliburton is just extra-sweet hypocrisy icing on the proverbial sh*t-flavored cake.

no1tovote4 said:
This is a man that actually says that he owns no stock because it is unethical to purchase such things and only puts a little away in savings...

That some of the stock he owned was Halliburton is just extra-sweet hypocrisy icing on the proverbial sh*t-flavored cake.

Let's face it---he's a Cindy Sheehan with a camera.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Pale Rider said:

No no, Pale, I beg to differ.

He's a fat, towering, steamy, lying pile of dog shit.

Bonnie said:
Can you imagine the propaganda film he and Cindy could make together?? :puke3: :puke:

Alright, this needs to stop. The next logical step in progression is procreation and that's a bit more scary than Saddam with nukes ........

Forum List

Back