Michael Moore and Seth Rogen banned from Michigan restaurant over ‘Sniper’ comments

A Perez

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2015
A restaurant owner in Wyoming, Mich. has banned Michael Moore and Seth Rogen over their recent online comments about the film "American Sniper".

Tommy Brann, who owns Brann’s Sizzling Steaks and Sports Bar, lit up his restaurant's marquee with a note to the Hollywood heavyweights reading, “Michael More and Seth Rogen are NOT allowed in my place.”

link

Luckily for Moore and Rogen, it looks like they have never been to this restaurant or even know it exists.

It's symbolic. It's like The Abbey in West Hollywood banning everyone who doesn't support same sex marriage.

A restaurant owner in Wyoming, Mich. has banned Michael Moore and Seth Rogen over their recent online comments about the film "American Sniper".

Tommy Brann, who owns Brann’s Sizzling Steaks and Sports Bar, lit up his restaurant's marquee with a note to the Hollywood heavyweights reading, “Michael More and Seth Rogen are NOT allowed in my place.”

link

Luckily for Moore and Rogen, it looks like they have never been to this restaurant or even know it exists.

I doubt there's a restaurant out there that Moore doesn't know about.

American Sniper... from a Marine who was there
This is powerful because it is the truth.

American Sniper?
By: Ross Caputi

Chris Kyle built his reputation as a sniper during one of the most criminal operations of the entire occupation of Iraq, the 2nd siege of Fallujah.

What American Sniper offers us — more than a heart-wrenching tale about Chris Kyle’s struggle to be a soldier, a husband, and a father; more than an action packed story about America’s most lethal sniper — is an exposure of the often hidden side of American war culture. The criminality that has characterized American military engagements since the American Indian Wars, and most recently in Iraq and Afghanistan, is hardly noticeable in this film. And that’s exactly my point.

Your average American viewer might be surprised to find out that Chris Kyle built his reputation as a sniper during one of the most criminal operations of the entire occupation of Iraq, the 2nd siege of Fallujah. He or she certainly won’t learn this by watching American Sniper, which doesn’t even hint that Chris Kyle ever did anything in Iraq except kill bad guys and defend America. And this speaks volumes about how little we understand the wars that our country fights around the world.

Perhaps my argument seems strange — that the most insightful part of this film is what is not in it. However, I believe that these omissions reflect more than just what the director decided to be irrelevant to the plot. These omissions reveal an unconscious psychological process that shields our ideas about who we are as individuals and as a nation. This process, known as “moral disengagement”, is extremely common in militaristic societies. But what is fascinating about American Sniper is how these omissions survive in the face of overwhelming evidence of the crimes that Chris Kyle participated in. The fact that a man who participated in the 2nd siege of Fallujah — an operation that killed between 4,000 to 6,000 civilians, displaced 200,000, and may have created an epidemic of birth defects and cancers — can come home, be embraced as a hero, be celebrated for the number of people he has killed, write a bestselling book based on that experience, and have it made into a Hollywood film is something that we need to reflect on as a society.

MORE HERE: American Sniper Opinion teleSUR

American Sniper?

Chris Kyle built his reputation as a sniper during one of the most criminal operations of the entire occupation of Iraq, the 2nd siege of Fallujah.

What American Sniper offers us — more than a heart-wrenching tale about Chris Kyle’s struggle to be a soldier, a husband, and a father; more than an action packed story about America’s most lethal sniper — is an exposure of the often hidden side of American war culture. The criminality that has characterized American military engagements since the American Indian Wars, and most recently in Iraq and Afghanistan, is hardly noticeable in this film. And that’s exactly my point.

Your average American viewer might be surprised to find out that Chris Kyle built his reputation as a sniper during one of the most criminal operations of the entire occupation of Iraq, the 2nd siege of Fallujah. He or she certainly won’t learn this by watching American Sniper, which doesn’t even hint that Chris Kyle ever did anything in Iraq except kill bad guys and defend America. And this speaks volumes about how little we understand the wars that our country fights around the world.

Perhaps my argument seems strange — that the most insightful part of this film is what is not in it. However, I believe that these omissions reflect more than just what the director decided to be irrelevant to the plot. These omissions reveal an unconscious psychological process that shields our ideas about who we are as individuals and as a nation. This process, known as “moral disengagement”, is extremely common in militaristic societies. But what is fascinating about American Sniper is how these omissions survive in the face of overwhelming evidence of the crimes that Chris Kyle participated in. The fact that a man who participated in the 2nd siege of Fallujah — an operation that killed between 4,000 to 6,000 civilians, displaced 200,000, and may have created an epidemic of birth defects and cancers — can come home, be embraced as a hero, be celebrated for the number of people he has killed, write a bestselling book based on that experience, and have it made into a Hollywood film is something that we need to reflect on as a society.

you can always rely on leftist to find a hateful person and give them headlines

and it's clear that that filth didn't see the movie

American Sniper?

Chris Kyle doesn't have the kill tally Obama does. no where near as many kills.

attachment.php

The restaurant might want to reconsider. They could be missing out on a whole lot of revenue if the y ban michael moore.

New Topics

Forum List

Back