Michael Floyd returns to Notre Dame for senior season

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Because some draft gurus projected him to go in the 3rd round of the NFL draft.

R U kidding me??

After the way he tore up the 'Canes secondary in the Sun Bowl??

In his words: "I want to prove I am the best receiver in college football". (And there might not be a draft and NFL season in 2011 ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Floyd has Jerry Rice greatness stamped all over. Floyd not a speed-burner (is that why he was downgraded?) - neither was Rice. Still toys with hapless DBs trying to cover his big body and long arms. Has to work on not dropping passes and lapses of concentration.

Draft guru Mike Mayock works ND games on NBC. Be interested to hear his slant on Floyd. Glad he is back for senior season. Though he was a goner.

There was another domer who was drafted in the 3rd round - Joe Montana.

Last edited:
I shouldhave been an NFL scout or draft guru.

Knew - KNEW - that Montana would be a HOF er (barring career-ending injury) .

Yet Wasn't drafted until the 3rd round.

Too small -doesn't have enough arm.

Yet he ran away from USC dbs like Ronnie Lott and Dennis Smith on scrambles...................

Warren Moon wasn't even drafted - had to go win 5 consecutive Grey Cups before signing with the Oilers (wish he had signed with the Seahawks -almost did -would have been Super Bowls for the Hawks)

Last edited:
Notre Dame will still suck.

And with Jones and Greene gone to the NFL, he might finally have a shot at being in the top

I'm expecting big things from the Irish in 2011.

Fianally beat SC - punked Miami

Got most oftheir starters back

Have a no-conscious QB in Tommy Rees (will beat out injury-prone Dayne Crist for starting QB.

Have an improving defense - ie Hunter Smith who intercepted Canes QB 3 times and sent to the bench

Have a no-conscious QB in Tommy Rees (will beat out injury-prone Dayne Crist for starting QB.

Have an improving defense - ie Hunter Smith who intercepted Canes QB 3 times and sent to the bench

Good luck with all of that.

I think you're forgetting something though:

They're still Notre Dame.

I see 8-4, maybe 9-3....both of which are pretty good for Notre Dame since Montana.

Good luck with all of that.

I think you're forgetting something though:

They're still Notre Dame.

I see 8-4, maybe 9-3....both of which are pretty good for Notre Dame since Montana.

You forgot about ND under Tony Rice 23-1 as a starter.......................

Take care of business against very mediocre Michigan schools early in the 2011 season -that is what usually trips them up............ then get on a roll and get some swagger - play USC in Oct - know they can beat them......

Glad to see the hoops team doing so well - but suspect it may be another 1-and out in the Big Dance (a loss to an Old Dominion) if the threes aren't falling.........................

Last edited:

Take care of business against very mediocre Michigan schools early in the 2011 season -that is what usually trips them up............ then get on a roll and get some swagger - play USC in Oct - know they can beat them......

I think you roll USC, they are hurting now.

But you're going to go 0-2 against the Mich schools, and Stanford is going to get you too.

Then throw in the annual "WTF?!?!" Notre Dame loss to someone who doesn't belong on the field with them and you wind up at 8-4.

Better than usual for the Irish. They had nowhere to go but up.

I think you roll USC, they are hurting now.

But you're going to go 0-2 against the Mich schools, and Stanford is going to get you too.

Then throw in the annual "WTF?!?!" Notre Dame loss to someone who doesn't belong on the field with them and you wind up at 8-4.

Better than usual for the Irish. They had nowhere to go but up.

They roll the mediocre Michigan schools and punk Stanford without Harbouagh

Am more concerned about some WTF loss - like against Tulsa and Navy in 2010

Lou Holtz didnt have a lot of WTF losses.

Charlie Weiss had lots of them.

Is Kelly a Lou Holtz/Ara Parseghian/Dan Devine or a Gerry Faust/Bob Davie/Ty Willingham/Charlie Weiss?

Suspect the former. Wants to win. Sent Joes son Nate packing to Montana. Floyd said he returned cause he wanted to play and win in a BCS game.

Last edited:
They got their Irish back in the gut-check win at USC and the blowout of Miami in the Sun Bowl.

Was embarrassed after the blow-out loss to Navy - then the loss to Tulsa

Only teams that really beat them in 2010 decisively were Navy and Stanford - teams they usually roll

I liken ND to the USC teams of the early 70s - USC was 6-4-1 in 1970 and 1971 - then went 12-0 in 1972.

Last edited:
ND has a weapon on offense that nobody can cover - period.

Unless he loses concentration.

Can I be an NFL scout or draft guru??????????????????

Sh*t man.

Floyd got a DUI at twice over the legal limit. Suspended by Brian Kelly indefinately.

Had 2 prior alcohol-related brushes with the law dating back to 2009. (didnt know about those)

Needs to get his life in order -major talent.................

Forum List

Back